Leslie G Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 12th, 2016
A#1-You Don't Find Them Any Better
There was a time in my life, when mentally, to say I was not at my best would have been an understatement. Dr. Smith played a big roll in getting me back to where I needed to be and on the correct medicine and dosage. He always had time for me and was genuinely concerned about anything going on in my life,...especially anything stressful or traumatic which can cause or worsen symptoms of a mental illness. My time with him was never rushed,...he listened and often would ask questions so that I would elaborate further. Dr. Smith was my doctor for approximately 5 years or so. During that time I never had the first bad experience with him and can not think of anything negative to say. It was several years ago when I had little choice but to allow the Veterans Administration to take over my mental care again. It was a sad day loosing Dr. Smith as my doctor, but the VA Mental Health Dept. has done well this time in the way in which they have treated me and taken care of my mental health needs. I'll always have a great deal of respect for Dr. Smith with many, MANY, thanks for what he did for me,....

December 22nd, 2015
A+++++
5 min is too much wait & not accurate -- more like NO wait! I'm almost afraid to share Dr. Smith's promptness & professionalism, because I want him to myself! Seriously, the most kind, down-to-earth person I know.

April 22nd, 2015
Wery hard to contact office by terefone.

September 18th, 2012
Finally the perfect M.D. and staff!!
I haave struggled with psychiatric issues all of my adult life and have seen around 8-10 different Psych M.D.'s over the years. Chemical dependancy was a big part of my issues. The first day I ever walked into the Aavalon Clinic I knew there was something different about this place. I didn't have to wait more than maybe five minutes, if that, to see Dr. Smith. He took a very personal approach to my specific case and treated me like a regular person. He didn;t immediately whip out his script pad and ask "what do you need?" We actually discussed my options and made a decision, together, on what my medicinal regimine would be. His assistant is incredibly helpful and returns phonecalls and has done her utmost to see that I've ALWAYS had what I needed from them. I am clean, sober, and happy and have been that way for over two years now, and I owe a lot of that to great care I recieve at Aavalon.

June 27th, 2012
Brilliant doctor, extremely knowledgeable about meds, excellent diagnostician, supportive; you feel he cares about your recovery and progress, and values you. Helps you begin to value yourself again.

January 31st, 2011
Sveles
Excellent Doctor for treatment of addiction...Extremely knowledgeable...