Overall Review

3.6

February 26th, 2015
Ok until one day...
I took my son to Dr. Goodwin because she was the doctor on call who saw him in the hospital when he was born. She seemed adequate enough but always in a rush. After taking him to her for about five years we had a very bizarre appointment. My son was nervous about getting his throat swabbed for a Strep test but just a little sad and clingy. I have always held my kids (4) on my lap for that test and held their heads still, but she didn't even attempt it this way. She left the room abruptly and brought in two other adults. They quickly and roughly picked up my son, put him on the exam table, and restrained him ridiculously as if he was out of control and dangerous. He was only about four years old and a skinny 30ish lbs. and as I said was nervous but certainly not over reacting. He was terrified afterwards and refused to ever see her again. We switched to a kind and level-headed doctor and later a specialist for other concerns...he has always been fine with both of them. She scared him!

February 17th, 2015
go somewhere else
This doctor seems to think everyone is healthy. She completely missed several serious conditions in my daughter just because they were so "rare." My baby was miserable for months longer than necessary because she refused to even test for food allergies, gi issues, and she ended up having a neurological condition. Also, this doctor and her brother, also a doc in this practice, yelled at me the first appointment saying my kid would have problems in school and eat too much junk food! All this after a traumatizing nicu experience. How inappropriate!

February 6th, 2014
Wonderful Pediatrician!
We LOVE Dr Goodwin. I have been taking my 3 children to her for years. I love how she always greets us with a smile. You can't find a nicer person. But more than that she is an excellent pediatrician. She does a very thorough work up and makes sure I understand everything. Her office has been recently renovated and it is beautiful. There are windows everywhere that lets you look over the valley. The office staff is SO friendly and helpful. They have a well baby waiting room so you don't have to have your new baby around sick children. Great idea, right? When we have had a child with a severe skin reaction she was so great to contact us afterwards and make sure everything was going well. Love this doctor!

October 31st, 2013
Not impressed
We won't be going back to this doctor. She gave my 4 month old baby the wrong prescription. So he ended up having a strep skin infection for more than a week before I realized that the antibiotic she gave us wasn't working. Needless to say, we went to another pediatrician who prescribed the correct antibiotic which helped his infection get better just a day or two later.

February 11th, 2011
Fabulous!
Dr. Goodwin is AMAZING. She is so helpful and knowledgeable about everything. The office staff is incredibly nice and they make you feel like your child is the only one in the office. They can be really busy, but the times I have gone I have never had to wait even a minute. I was still at the counter checking in when they called me back (and I wasn't late either). The staff and Dr. Goodwin really listen when you ask questions, unlike some who think they know it all and won't let you talk. Dr. Goodwin lets you ask all kinds of questions and then she takes the time to respond to each one, and you don't feel rushed out the door. I had to have my child's records mailed to us twice and both times the staff were so willing to help. I never had to be put on hold for more than a minute on the phone. Their computer system is awesome, keeps track of every visit with every single detail about your child. Also the office is immaculate and looks so inviting! 5 stars for sure!!