Dr. Leslie King MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 29th, 2016
Long time patient
Dr. King is always thorough, caring, and knowledgeable. She delivered all of my 3 children and now my oldest daughter also sees Dr. King. I would not trust my gynecological care to anyone else. She's an excellent doctor.

April 25th, 2016
I've been seeing Dr. King for over 10 years. She was at the birth of both my children (the second, she wasn't on call but heard I was in labor and came to the hospital ON Thanksgiving) she is compassionate and no nonsense. The wait time at the office is not short, but it's well worth the wait.

July 20th, 2015
Very Poor Experience
I used Dr. King for my pre-natal care and birth of my 3rd child. I was beyond disappointed. My first visit went well with Dr. King, although you can tell she's a no nonsense, tell it like it is kind of person. Her office staff was very nice and attentive. I only saw Dr. King one more time throughout my 9 months of pregnancy. I was more than happy with my visits with the midwives who work there but zero doctor care. The experience with Dr. King during the actual birth was a very bad experience for me. I had planned to have the birth at one hospital but when I called her to tell her my water broke, she said I had to go to the other hospital because that's where she was. She was so rude about it and sounded VERY annoyed. It was 11:15 at night. I'm a very easy going, understanding person, so I went to the other hospital. Dr. King rolled her eyes at me, was annoyed with the hospital staff, came to see me for less than a minute the following day and didn't check my stitches. My baby wasn't breathing after having the cord wrapped around her neck and she acted so nonchalant with the staff like sigh, the baby was only "down" for 10 seconds. I was shocked. I would never, ever, ever recommend this doctor to anyone. Thankfully, I had a healthy baby but this is not a doctor who cares about patients, just herself.

February 24th, 2015
I LOVE Dr. King! I had my first visit with an OBGYN with her and she made me feel extremely comfortable and she was very sweet! You can't wear scented soaps, deodorant, or perfumes in her office however she is such a nice person it makes it worth it !

September 26th, 2013
Would Not Recommend...this office
Office staff Nasty, Not all but a few of the clerical staff like telling patients off, one in particular is always ready to pounce ...Left a message for doctor to call me about test results that have me concerned, they said she'll call me when she has time...wouldn't let me make an appointment to see her...refused to fax my test results to another doctor...have to blame the doctor for their staff....and still haven't heard from her....

May 7th, 2013
Compassionate
I had a miscarriage in my 3rd month, which required a D&C in Mercy Medical. While they were preparing me for the procedure, Dr. King held my hand and comforted me while the anesthesia took effect! They don't teach you compassion in medical school...she has a real heart of gold! Thank you Dr. King!!

February 19th, 2011
So far not so good
I was not impressed with Dr. King and found her to be distant and not a good advocate for me. I am considering changing practices as she has colored my otherwise fine experience of her group practice. I do not want her as part of my delivery.

April 13th, 2010
I was an antipartum for 4 months. I was morbidly obese, had gestational high blood pressure and diabetes with a history of eclampisa with seizure and HELLP syndrome. I had an extremely high risk pregnancy. She was very attentive, efficient, understanding, and patient. Me and my son are doing well because of her.

January 24th, 2010
Arrogant and uncaring
Dr. King saw me during my high risk pregnancy. She was very uncaring about my symptoms even though they were serious enough to put me in the hospital for several weeks during my 1st trimester. While I was in the hospital she was rude to me and my family and the nursing staff, was very difficult for the nursing staff to get in touch with and when she did speak with the floor nurses she refused to write any changes of orders that were necessary for my care. A gastroenterologist on staff at the hospital had to intervene after I vomited blood for 24 hours (with her knowledge). The gastro dr. updated my orders to the nurses and got me the proper medication to treat my condition within an hour. She couldn't care less and when confronted by my husband that I could have been spared days of misery if she had done her job, her response was "Whatever. She has the meds now, so what's the problem?" She is horrible!!!