Dr. Leslie Tar MD Patient Reviews

January 12th, 2017
Life is too short. Find the right doctor today.
I am just happy to wake up on the right side of the grass. One morning, suddenly I could not get out of bed. I thought I had a stroke. Neurologist said no. Family doctor said he did not know. Sent me to psychiatry. Psych said I am fine. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Tar. Polymyalgia rheumatica. I never heard of it. I feel great now, as if I was reborn.

January 11th, 2017
Hi Dr. Tar---we love you.
I live in Dallas and I have family in Boca Raton. I see Dr. Tar because my rheumatologist in Dallas says he is the one to see while I am in Florida. I love seeing Dr. Tar. Everyone loves him. He is not only a great rheumatologist, but a caring person.

December 21st, 2016
Snow Bird from Vermont
It's cold in Vermont and my arthritis gets worse in the winter. That's why I come to Florida. My rheumatoid arthritis is managed by Dr. Tar and I love his personal touch. I would recommend him to anyone. It's fun to treat with him.

November 17th, 2016
There is no other rheumatologist to see
Great doctor and staff.

November 6th, 2016
Great doctor and staff
I had no one who would listen. My doctor told me it was all in my head. I saw a neurologist, a neurosurgeon, and infection doctor, and orthopedic doctor and a psychiatrist. Finally, I saw Dr. Tar and he found my immune disease. He explained my problem and started me on the right medication. I feel like a new person. I owe it to him and his staff. His receptionist is great. Thank you all.

October 20th, 2016
Glad to be back
Have been away up north during the summer. I am now glad to be back with Dr. Tar and his staff. I stay in Cape Code during the summer and I can not find the kind of care I received with Dr. Tar. I have been to the Mass General and I feel like a number. Not true with Dr. Tar. All I have to say is, I am glad to be back.

September 22nd, 2016
Best rheumatologist in the area
Kind and a very good listener. I was referred by my family doctor and my family doctor was right. This doctor knows his stuff.

September 21st, 2016
Thorough, Sincere, Caring...

September 7th, 2016
Dr. Tar and his wife Karen had an office in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, Pa. and I was one of their patients. I will agree with the people in Florida that his office in this area and also in Canonsburg, Pa. left a lot to be desired in regards to cleanliness. They drew blood work every visit but never gave you any results. I was told I had arthritis in both shoulders and never had X-rays or a MRI done. Karen injected my shoulders with Synvisc which should never be used on shoulders in the first place. I then had so much pain that I made an appointment but only wanted to see Dr. Tar, I explained to him what she did and he ordered a MRI. The results were full torn rotator cuffs in both right and left shoulders with also ruputured biceps. I went to 3 orthopedic specialists and they told me I had NO arthritis in either shoulder but did have the above and needed surgery, also said SNYVISC should never have been injected in the shoulders. I had to go on a disability from my job because I could no longer lift more than 20 pounds. I never made even a complaint at the time, I was in so much pain, it was unbearable Just to make you aware that Karen does not always make good judgments when it comes to treating patients. She also told me I had shoulder pain because I needed a breast reduction done. Good luck and I hope nobody encounters the problems that I did. Then,,,,,,I heard they left the area and the office didn't know where they went. Also it was fact,,,,,that often times you waited 2 hours to see Karen....Dr. Tar only saw you initially.

June 27th, 2016
Ci. Have been a patient for 4 or more years and have found the care and tx. Good. I recommend the Tars to many friends.

June 2nd, 2016
Happy
Very impress. I waited a few weeks to get in with my appointment. I was well worth it. Just talking to others in the waiting room. You know why everyone is happy with this doctor. He spends time with you and does not treat you like inanimate scrap.

April 27th, 2016
EXCELLENT, BUT WATCH OUT FOR HIS WIFE SHE THINKS SHE IS A FILL IN DOCTOR JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A NUR PRACTIONER