Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  very business like  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

methodical, and meticulous. Thank you.REA

|  Recurring Problem Solved By Dr.Wu  |  show details
by Lawrence M. Feldman on Oct 17th, 2009

As a result of several previous surgeries, the scar tissue had slowly obstructed a section of the bowel. I had contacted Dr.Brett Loffredo, my primary physician, to seek his opinion as to a course of action. He strongly recommended that I check into Maine Medical as soon as possible. From the moment I arrived until the day that I was wheeled to my wife's car, the care that was given to me was superb. Everyone at Maine Med treated me with kindness and understanding, as well as with the finest medical care one could ever expect. Several doctors examined me and I was then X-Rayed, CT Scanned, and thoroughly diagnosed. Part of the bowel obstruction was caused by an abdominal hernia that had severely displaced a significant portion of my digestive system. In general, the opinion was to correct the primary obstruction and leave the hernia for consideration as a future 'elective' procedure.Since most insurance does not cover certain elective procedures, I was quite concerned by the possibility of yet another surgery, and subsequent hospital time and expenses.Then I met Dr.Wu, with whom an informative and interesting conversation took place. As a career engineer, I had always looked for practical solutions to problems. I fully understood the details of the bowel obstruction, since I had a previous encounter with the problem which resulted in surgery in 1997. My wife and I had discussed the possibility of inserting a barrier (shield) between the scar tissue and the bowel, in order to prevent a recurrence of the problem in the future.I asked Dr.Wu about the barrier. Her response surprised me when she said that it would be no problem to attach such a device during the surgery. I knew then, that I was in the hands of an excellent surgeon. Her comments put me at ease and the surgery went very well. Once she had a full view of the obstruction and the hernia, she used her skills to repair everything that was affected. My recovery is going very well, and I wish Dr.Wu a long and successful career as a surgeon. My wife and I are thankful for Dr.Wu's skills, both as a surgeon, and as a wonderful person. Thank you a million times...