Dr. Leslie Zak MD Patient Reviews

3.4

November 1st, 2015
I've been a patient over 20 years and always have great service from Dr. Zak and staff. She is professional and caring. I like her straight answers and she's provided correct info when I've had bad info from other physicians. She spends more time with me than any doctor I've had.

September 2nd, 2015
Grateful for a Reliable & Trustworthy Doctor
I've been seeing this doctor for almost 20 years now. She has helped me through a few medical issues, some big some small. I trust her as a doctor and prefer her highly over the other doctors I tried out before staying with her for two decades. I've only had one complaint, which was regarding a member of office staff who treated me like an untrustworthy complete stranger when there was a glitch with my insurance. Even after the insurance company assured this office personnel over the phone that all was in order, the office person still refused to let me see the doctor because "the computer said I had no insurance." I have not seen this office person in the last few years. All members of this office since that bad experience have been incredibly helpful and friendly. I would not want to move to a new state or city because I would not want to leave behind Dr. Zak. I could not imagine going through a pregnancy without her.

January 20th, 2015
BEWARE
I went to Dr Zak for my first pregnancy over 9 years ago and am still horrified at the way she managed by pregnancy that I am stopping to write this 9 years later. I had protein in my urine for weeks and weeks and weeks leading up to my delivery and all the Dr could tell me was to "drink more water". I tried to explain I drink way more than enough but she decided I was wrong. My blood pressure also began to spike. Again, no worries for the Dr. Not until I was rushed to the ER by my husband 3 weeks before I was due to deliver while I was having seizures did she realize that I had the warning signs of preeclampsia all along and had IGNORED them. I then had no choice to be induced. She was uncaring and unapologetic for her miscalculations with my care. Not to mention, she is degrading and devalues anyone's opinion who is not an MD; especially pharmacists. Excuse me, but my grandfather was a pharmacist and could have took better care of my pregnancy than this monster; she needs to watch her comments but that would require her to have professionalism. For my second pregnancy I chose ANYONE but her.

April 12th, 2014
The worst I've ever had
The most insensitive OBGyn. There is so thing wrong with this doctor. She was recommended by my internal medicine doctor [This was his 3rd referral n he's so going to be fired after this for referring his cronies]. Worst bedside manner. Insensitive. Careless. I think this woman has a drug problem. She was late to appointment,over an hour. Didn't explain procedure and performed it harshly. Complained about her computer as reason for being late. Office smells. Staff has attitude. There is something very very very wrong with this doctor. The state needs to check her. Malpractice suit waiting to happen. Recommend stay away for her.

July 19th, 2013
Very surprised she's still in practice..
I have read the reviews, and let me tell you Dr. Zak does have a poor bedside manner. I was told why do you want more kids 3 is enough..?? Well let me tell you my long story in a shortest version I can. Dr. Zak left me in labor for 10 hrs before she finally showed up, (maybe you should turn your phone on). The on-call doctor said he won't do a normal delivery because my first child 5 yr old was a C-section, 2nd child 18mth old was v-back normal delivery. The on call said I was going to die if I had a normal delivery... I had a C-section and almost died. I had 4 surgeries in 24 hours. Dr. Zak showed up for the C-section, performed it with the on call and left, turned her phone off.. I shortly later had a hysterectomy, took my uterus. Still not the problem. Had a Laparotomy, then a arterial embolization. They cut my ILIAC ARTERY (one of your main highway of veins in your body) during the c-section. I had 82 bags of blood replaced. Had to learn how to walk again. Suffered with pneumonia, in ICU for a month. Remained in the hospital for 4 months. Oh and yes my daughter has suffered with permanent neurological damages. Thanks Dr Zak, I just had my hernia repaired after 8 years (11 in long). This is a ongoing nightmare for my daughter and I. Lastly, I didn't need a hysterectomy, oops another mistake. Thanks for making that decision, didn't realize your were part of my family. Your a disgrace as a doctor and human being. Dr Zak is a negative star rating.

June 5th, 2013
Very nice, professional and thorough. Took her time to make me feel comfortable, not rushed like many doctors.

May 28th, 2013
W
Waited over 2 hrs for a scheduled appt. Given the lame excuse that the computer was down.

November 28th, 2012
Poor bedside manner.

April 7th, 2012
Run..
Worst doctor ever in the world..Went in bleeding at 6 months and was upset she told me to just stop crying and handed me a tissue..then 40 weeks prego set a time to induce the following day..went into labor that night and went to hospital. They called her and she said it was false labor to go home and come back that night for induction (more pay),,Went home I sat in hard labor for 5 hours then almost had baby at home..got to hospital and 30 min later baby arrived, she said I told you to stay but you wanted to leave. Hum this is just one of many stories I could tell you about her and her shady practice.

October 31st, 2011
great dr one of the best in town

September 23rd, 2011
Excellent Clinician
My medical history is a bit complicated, and it has resulted in some problems with other GYNs. She has provided first-rate care, always been able to "fit me in" when something unusual came up [including on christmas Eve a few years ago!] and communicated her competence in subtle ways. I recommend without any hesitation.

August 11th, 2010
I WISH I HAD HAVE KNOWN.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO POORLY BY ANY DOCTOR. I WAS REFFERED TO HER BY A CO- WORKER. I SAW HER DURING MY ENTIRE PREGNANCY AND I HAD A MISHAP WITH MY INSURANCE IN MY LAST TRIMESTER AND SHE DISMISSED ME BECAUSE I MISSED 2 APPTS. I FELT HORRIBLE AND ALONE. SHE IS COLD HEARTED AND SARCASTIC.