Dr. Lester Gottesman MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 21 reviews

June 8th, 2016
Lester removed my descending and sigmoid colons to eliminate excruciating pain from recurrent diverticulitis. There was a lesser but still debilitating pain post op. He prescribed a nerve drug that he had figured out was likely to ease the pain from what he figured were damaged nerves. He was dead on, and I am pain free for the first time in years.

February 5th, 2016
Took his time, answered questions, & didn't push surgery
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Gottesman. He answered my questions, took his time to explain what I had and what my options were. He did not push surgery and left the choice in my hands with the pluses and minuses of each option. His staff was incredibly nice, spent time, and made the process more pleasant. I feel confident in the answers I was given and the course of action we decided on. I will go back to him if I have issues in the future and recommend him and his staff to others.

January 20th, 2016
This doctor hacked me on a simple procedure. I endured endless pain for four months which led to a second surgery (by another doctor) to correct the mistakes he made. My experience with him was horrible.

December 8th, 2015
Wonderful physician
Dr. Gottesman is a remarkable physician and a lovely man. I would recommend him highly and without reservation

August 10th, 2015
Wonderful Surgeon
I suffered from severe life-long constipation. No one but my family really believed how severe the problem was, despite bouts of septicemia and routine unbearable abdominal pain. I cannot recall any time in my life when I was not affected by this disorder. The doctor who performed a colonoscopy simply said my condition was 'unusual' and advised me not to undergo another colonoscopy for fear of perforating the intestine, which she described as very 'scarred.' Ultimately, a gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Gottesman, who literally changed my life. He explained the underlying basis of the condition, which was the inability of the organ to engage in peristalsis, prohibiting the movement of material through the intestinal system. After I underwent thorough colo-rectal exams and pre-surgical tests, Dr. Gottesman performed a colectomy, removing a large part of the non-functioning intestine. You can't imagine the difference. Moreover, I am truly fond of Dr. Gottesman, who continues to follow my progress and is a charming man. The staff at reception are always very nice to me and, in fact, go out of their way to accommodate me. But all else aside, if you have problems relating to col-rectal issues, do yourself a favor and see Dr. Gottesman. He is a remarkable surgeon and a lovely man

July 12th, 2015
No bedside manner ... Nasty... My 10 minute colonoscopy lasted 30 minutes and I haven't been the same since ... No way to prove it's his fault but I know it is... His nurse is just as nasty as he is... Wouldnt perform a procedure and demanded payment right in front of all in the waiting room... Tried to discuss issues with him and he abruptly dismisses me...he needs to be shut down before someone gets hurt or worse!

March 31st, 2015
Wonderful doctor
Was very nice about giving appointment right away. His diagnosis perfect. He worked with me with getting the right medication. He returned all my calls promptly. Other doctors should follow his lead.

January 22nd, 2015
You won't find so much humanity in any other doctor. He goes above and beyond his duties, the lack of plaques in his office doesn't suggest that he isn't deserve it but rather it attest to his character.

August 5th, 2014
He has a smile on his face and a devil for a heart , The only positive reviews I can imagine come from his friends and family . The worse rush to judgment doctor , Who did reprehensible augmentation to my body and GI system . Who could care less how you feel as long as you're a lucrative patient well insured .

May 19th, 2014
Dr. Gottesman was knowledgable and effective.

February 22nd, 2014
Caring doctor
Having a range of experience with colorectal surgeons prior to being introduced to Dr. Gottesnman I have to say that he had by far been the most caring, understanding, and genuinely interested in recovery post-op. The others have been very curteous pre-op and then dismissive at a time when you need their help the most. I bery highly recommend him. HIs diagnoses have been more precise and his willingness to see me promptly when needed unmatched. WHen it comes to some of the most difficult type of operations give the chakra area involved in rectal surgery, Dr. Gottesnam has been a breath of fresh air. He makes one feels safe and he follows up regularly and just generally seems to really care about recovery. THis is an essential part of overcoming difficult times. I am grateful I was introduced to him through referral.

February 9th, 2013
The Worst office experience of my life
Dr. Gottesman really needs to find his old staff from 59th Street!! Alicia and Danae were the best!!! They were friendly and always helpful. His Medical Assistant Stacey is the NASTIEST person you will ever come across. I believe when he disappeared for months it was more than a personal issue, he needs to find his old staff and beg them to come back, I would stay far away from him and his assistant