Dr. Lester Ho MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

September 17th, 2010
Sandra M
He has always been honest and forthcoming. We have been thru a lot in the last six (6) years. Sometimes he's quiet, but I open my mouth and ask questions. He has made me cry but only because we were correcting a problem I was having and we had to do it now. He is a no nonsense kind of doctor. His staff has been wonderful, they answer questions too. If by chance we do not agree on a treatment, we hash it out until we both win. I get to live a full live and they get to know they helped.

April 22nd, 2008
I was referred to this doctor a couple of years ago for abnormal bleeding. I was having my period for over two months. The bleeding was heavy. I was taking birth control pills at that time and also was grieving due to a death in the family. He suggested a cervical biopsy. He briefly explained how the procedure was going to be performed. When I came back in for the procedure, I asked him if there will be anything used to minimize the pain. He said "no" and that it was routine not to use a local anesthetic. He told me that it would feel like menstrual cramps. The pain that I experienced through this procedure was horrific. I cried from the excrutiating pain. He did not console me afterwards and was very "cold". The results came back normal and he told me that the irregular bleeding was "maybe" from the birth control pills. Because of this I am afraid to have any pelvic exams done.

February 14th, 2008
Find another doctor, safe yourself future medical bills.
My primary referred me to Dr. Ho for an abnormal pap. Dr. Ho performed a coloscopy and biopsy and 3 days later performed cryosurgery. After speaking with several OB/GYNs since I have been told it was a very aggressive treatment especially for a 23 year old female who had no previous history (all have said they would not have done what he did, they would just have me come back in 3 months for a follow up to see if it went away on its own). The cryo resulted in such extensive scarring I have required 1 surgery (3 procedures at one time) so far to re-open my cervix and the other 2 procedures were to remove retrograde menses that resulted from my cervix being closed. I am currently on BC to try to minimize the flow and # of periods due to the pain (I have to be on vicodine) since my cervix is so scarred and continues to scar over. I have been told I will probably have to have another surgery just so I can get pregnant when I do want to have kids. I was extremely uncomfortable when I was in his office and would NOT recommend him to ANYONE.