Dr. Lester Ho Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Lester Ho?

Sandra M

Posted on September 17th, 2010

He has always been honest and forthcoming. We have been thru a lot in the last six (6) years. Sometimes he's quiet, but I open my mouth and ask questions. He has made me cry but only because we were correcting a problem I was having and we had to do it now. He is a no nonsense kind of doctor. His staff has been wonderful, they answer questions too. If by chance we do not agree on a treatment, we hash it out until we both win. I get to live a full live and they get to know they helped.

Posted on April 22nd, 2008

I was referred to this doctor a couple of years ago for abnormal bleeding. I was having my period for over two months. The bleeding was heavy. I was taking birth control pills at that time and also was grieving due to a death in the family. He suggested a cervical biopsy. He briefly explained how the procedure was going to be performed. When I came back in for the procedure, I asked him if there will be anything used to minimize the pain. He said "no" and that it was routine not to use a local anesthetic. He told me that it would feel like menstrual cramps. The pain that I experienced through this procedure was horrific. I cried from the excrutiating pain. He did not console me afterwards and was very "cold". The results came back normal and he told me that the irregular bleeding was "maybe" from the birth control pills. Because of this I am afraid to have any pelvic exams done.

Doctor's Response

I believe that the procedure this person is referring to is an biopsy of the endometrium to be sure the payients did not have cancer, and this can be painful. I have listened to my patients and have found a technique to relieve their discomfort, safely and have incorporated these steps to my procedure. I wish I knew back in 2008 what I know now.

Find another doctor, safe yourself future medical bills.

Posted on February 14th, 2008

My primary referred me to Dr. Ho for an abnormal pap. Dr. Ho performed a coloscopy and biopsy and 3 days later performed cryosurgery. After speaking with several OB/GYNs since I have been told it was a very aggressive treatment especially for a 23 year old female who had no previous history (all have said they would not have done what he did, they would just have me come back in 3 months for a follow up to see if it went away on its own). The cryo resulted in such extensive scarring I have required 1 surgery (3 procedures at one time) so far to re-open my cervix and the other 2 procedures were to remove retrograde menses that resulted from my cervix being closed. I am currently on BC to try to minimize the flow and # of periods due to the pain (I have to be on vicodine) since my cervix is so scarred and continues to scar over. I have been told I will probably have to have another surgery just so I can get pregnant when I do want to have kids. I was extremely uncomfortable when I was in his office and would NOT recommend him to ANYONE.

Doctor's Response

Wow! I am certainly sorry for this patients experience and I apologize to her. I can only guess from her description that her diagnosis was mild dysplasia meaning this shows mild precancerous changes to her cervix. In 2008 or 2006 we have recommended observation or we can perform cryosurgery which involves freezing the abnormal cells on the cervix. I have performed this procedure for over 30 years, and we have had very little complications . What this patient describes is very rare. When I have describe the procedure to my patients and have given them the choice of dealing with the abnormal cells or repeating the pap smear in 3 months, many patients choose to deal with the abnormal cells rather than wait even though I have explained that there ie a high likelyhood that her immune system will clear these abnormal cells within two years. Again I apologize to this woman and would be glad to speak with her and correct her problem free of any payment. I must add that in 2010 the experts have made more specific recommendations for our patients based on newer research data. Lester Ho

Posted on August 2nd, 2017