Dr. Lester Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
Harmful misdiagnosis
Dr. Jacobson failed to diagnose a fatal heart condition, the signs of which were obvious to 3 other cardiologists.

March 23rd, 2015
Thorough, thoughtful, kind, takes time to know the patient. Highly skilled

December 31st, 2014
Dedicated professional, treated my monomorphic non sustained ventricular tachycardia, and after 10 years, referred me to Dr. Melvin Scheinman for ablation.

November 16th, 2010
Been seeing Dr Jacobson for over 15 years. He was my dad's cardiologist before. Was recommended by staff after an emergency room visit for a heart attack. The attending and then assigned cardiologist was terrible as far as bedside manners and basically gave my dad 6 months. He finally passed away 10 years later under the wonderful care of Dr. Jacobson. He is very through, caring and attentive. Always weighting benefits vs. quality of life for treatment and medications. If he says he will call, he will. Sundays, evenings. He never seems rests or go on vacations. At least that is how it seems. Old school. I would not want anything else for my family or myself.

October 27th, 2009
Dr. Jacobson is a highly intelligent, compassionate and dedicated physician and I consider myself lucky to be a patient in his practice. I have known Dr. Jacobson for over 30 years. He is thorough, calm and has a good sense of humor. He is always patient and unlike most doctors, he speaks directly to his patients when they call. I can't recommend him highly enough.

October 8th, 2009
The Most Thorough and Conscientious Physician Ever
Dr. Jacobson has been my cardiologist for almost 15 years. He is unquestionably the most thorough, responsible and competent physician I have ever had in my 81 years and I have had many fine doctors in several areas of this country and in England and Italy. I see him every six months, more often if there is a problem. He always begins with a thorough oral history, not only of cardiac symptoms but of all aspects of my health -- including but not confined to diet, alcohol, exercise, sleep, bowels, hearing, eyesight, pap smears, mammograms, lab tests and colonoscopies. He then examines me and administers an electrocardiogram, occasionally ordering other tests. Dr. Jacobson has a great many patients and sometimes he has to take a call from an ill patient while examining me. He seems to remember every patient, the medications they take, and their medical problems, almost never having to look things up. He tells me when he will call with results and then does it. He has told me to telephone if ever I go the emergency room with a cardiac problem, no matter the hour. Once when I was hospitalized a nurse told me how lucky I was to have Dr. Jacobson because he often comes twice a day to the hospital to see ill patients. When I first saw him, he seemed rather stiff and formal and he tends to ask questions rapid fire in order to cover so much ground in a short time. My guess is he may be basically shy, but over the years he has relaxed with me and chats and jokes. I feel we have become friends.

October 14th, 2016