Dr. Lester Kelty MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 8th, 2010
Just wanted to get off work
My mom was taken to Trinity West ER after suffereing a stroke. There she was admitted and given tests which showed a stroke caused by a blood clot. She saw a neurologist and other doctors and was discharged after 3 nights. 2 wks later she showed signs of having another stroke and was taken from nursing home where she lives to ER again. Kelty saw her, dismissed it as symptoms of a pain medication she'd taken the day before, and was ready to send her back when CAT scan showed an active bleed in her brain. He dismissed it as no big deal since it was in the area of previous damage. Dismissed my concern that she was put on a blood thinner for the earlier stroke, and unbelievably, wanted to discharge her right away back to nursing home. I mentioned the neurologist who had seen her previously and doctor finally left. He returned saying that he'd spoken to the doctor and he indeed wanted the thinner to be stopped, but still proceeded to discharge my mom. While we waited, my mom's blood pressure climbed steadily until it was nearly 190/110. I alerted the nurse who contacted Kelty. He did NOTHING, then promptly left. Despite our protests, the nurse said there was nothing she could do, the orders were signed and Kelty was gone. And they shipped my mother back to her nursing home with an active brain bleed and very high blood pressure.Once there, they monitored bp and gave her meds ahead of schedule and bp finally came down. The next day the MD at the nursing home was informed of all this and was furious, and immediately ordered my mom to be sent back to the hospital for admission. Kelty was amazingly callous and only concerned with clearing the books, getting my mom out of there, and leaving the hospital. My mom likely suffered more brain damage and certainly more pain and discomfort because of this.