Dr. Lester Shoap MD Patient Reviews

September 22nd, 2015
Stress tests 6 days ago and still waiting for results!!! Will be looking for another Dr soon.

August 26th, 2014
I've been a patient of this wonderful doctor for over 20 yrs. He was also my mother's primary and cardiologist for many yrs before she passed away. He is a top notch primary doctor and cardiologist who he truly cares about each and every patient as a person! He's kind, extremely compassionate and will spend as much time as you and he need together during your visit without ever making you feel he is in a rush. I believe it was because of him that my mother did not die at least 2 yrs sooner from her heart, lung and other medical problems. On 2 separate occasions I was in the hospital over the weekend where one of his associates was covering for him. I was told that Dr. Shoap was following what was going on with me from his home and to make sure the right decisions were being for my care and treatment. He is such a great doctor in every way that even though I now live in Western Massachusetts (a 1 1/2 hr drive to his Stoneham, Ma office) I have kept him as my doctor! I can not say enough about this wonderful doctor other then to say I've had a serious chronic illness for 32+ yrs and have dealt with many, many doctors. Many were just average (or much worse), a few were very good but in all my yrs I've only come across 3 that were incredible and Dr. Shoap is one of them. The difference between him and many highly other skilled doctors is how he becomes personally involved and really cares about his patients. He has a fantastic bed side manner that goes a long way to help make a nervous or very scared patient relax and feel truly cared for!

October 20th, 2013
Founder of Terrific Group Practice
Dr. Shoap is a treasure: smart, concerned, empathic.I am mid treatment for atrial fibrillation and elevated heart rate assoc w/ weight. He speaks directly to the point and patiently re explains things that you didn't understand. And he has chosen the others in his practice to have those strengths as well. I feel very fortunate to have him guiding my care.

September 22nd, 2011
Dr. Shoap has shown little to no concern for my moms health. She has had a reaction to a medication and after 4 days and several phone calls where several messages were left with secretaries, personal voice mail, paitent voice mail and answering services, my phone calls were never returned. All I was asking for was 10 minutes of the doctors time. I consider this unacceptable behavior for a physician. I would never recommend Dr. Shoap.

May 20th, 2011
No diagnosis
Twenty year old condition still exists.