inactive

Lester S Stoney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 27th, 2015
Owner, Medical Billing and Transcription
I read a prior review of Dr. Stoney that said the Dr. Stoney did not even see the patient and gave medications. This is absurd. Dr. Stoney always sees me, never a physician's assistant or nurse. He prescribes medication and does urine sampling and background check routinely to make sure that I am not Doctor shopping. The person who discredited Dr. Stoney is either a liar or a fraud, maybe someone who Dr Stoney would not treat because the pain was not real and they got upset. Dr. Stoney is wonderful. I had brain cancer and multiple botched neck spine surgeries. I am able to work now with the treatment Dr. Stoney gave to me which includes medication, exercise and injection therapies.

January 29th, 2014
Police Officer, Newport Beach
This physician is the best. He is well known in the community and one of my office associates referred me to him. I was going to take a sick leave due to back pain but after treating with Dr. Stoney my pain went away just like that. He is just as wonderful as his other reviewers have said. I can not say enough about him. Dr. Stoney is a true professional, dedicated, honest and caring.

January 12th, 2014
weird clinic
if you are addicted, then this is the best place to get your narcotics medications. The doctor is never there, I cam the first time as patient and was examined by his assistant and was given every controlled substance that I ask for. There is no control, no urine testing.

November 9th, 2013
Patient
I was told by three surgeons that I needed back surgery. I am only 28 years old and I saw my father have four back surgeries, none helped and he is in a wheelchair now. The last thing I want is surgery on my spine if I can help it. My friend told me about his doctor, Dr. Stoney. I was suspect because all he used was his hands and a review of my spine MRI exam. With just that treatment and an ultrasound of my spine that he does in his office, I was pain free in four months worth of treatment. No surgery, just injections by his brain and his hands. He used the ultrasound machine to view my spine but that was about it. I did another MRI recently and the disc size has decreased and my pain is gone. I have to keep up my general health and exercises but otherwise life is simple now. I would recommend this special doctor to anyone who has pain

June 30th, 2013
Dr Stoney IS a miracle worker
I will never go to another Dr. After being away from Dr Stoney due to family illness and death I am finally back in his care. I'm so grateful for his special gift of going right to the root of my pain and addressing it. I believe he could do it with his eyes closed. Nobody else has the empathy for his patients or has the knowledge that he does. All you have to do is listen to his patients talk in the waiting room on any given day. All of his patients have had life changing experiences after being is his care. Thank you Dr Stoney you are a true miracle worker

June 29th, 2013
Legal Assistant
I've been a patient of Dr. Stoney for over almost 9 years. I remember the very first neck injection i had with Dr. Stoney. Nine years ago, I was almost a decade younger, obviously. I was at a nightclub. That night, I did not know what I did to myself but my neck pain was so bad, I began crying like a baby. I used Salonpas, took Tylenol (over the counter), Celebrex and had massages without any success. Until one day, Dr. Stoney was recommended to me by a friend. At that point, I would do anything to get myself back to normal. My first thought before the treatment, I am going to admit that I doubted Dr. Stoney. But that thought instantly changed when he gave me my neck injection. The very second I felt that needle and pressure of the medication going into my nerves, I felt as if I unleashed the beast in my neck. Since then, I've been going to Dr. Stoney for any injury and/or pain that I have. its sad to say for myself that I can't live without Dr. Stoney injection. I've told my story and recommended my personal friends to him and they've all had great experiences with him.

June 24th, 2013
Great doctor
I had seen numerous pain doctor after I had my cervical and lumbar spine fusion. I suffered for 12 years with pain! I lost my job with this constant excruciating pain. I couldn't play with my children and that is the hardest part of it, not be able to spend time and be with my children. Then a friend of mine mentioned Dr. Stoney's name and what he did for her. I was skeptical at first as I saw a LOT of pain physician ( I even traveled out of state and outside of the country to find "The Doctor" that will bring even a tiny relief for my back and neck pain) , I researched him and decided to give it a shot! Oh gracious! He is awesome! He' s not only Intelligent but he's also compassionate and direct to the point. I am a patient who suffered a lot and does not need a lot of sugar coating on my disease or problem. Dr . Stoney is direct and tells you what you need and his treatment was life changing . I have nothing to say to Dr. Stoney other than THANK YOU and my whole family owes you!!!! You're th great the greatest physician out here in the world .

June 24th, 2013
patient
This doctor is the best. He listens and he is compassionate. He has a revolutionary treatment for pain which he has published in medical journal article. I would recommend him highly.

June 13th, 2013
Patient
Fantastic. I have had a neck problem and there as been no other doctor that Dr. Stoney who could fix me. I have been around the country searching for answers when Cedars Sinai suggested Dr. Stoney. I flew from NYC to see Dr. Stoney. He was fantastic. My neck pain has resolved, I need some small maintance treatments but this keeps me working on my financial News channel, my clients and my family life. Thank you Dr. Stoney.

June 11th, 2013
Patient
This Doctor is special. He is amazing at finding the problem of pain when no other doctor even believed I had a source for my pain. He went at the problem and fixed it. Truly amazing. I went to neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, acupuncture, physical therapy, herbal therapy, laser disc surgery, chiropractic traction DX2000 that I paid 5,000 dollars out of pocket. Dr. Stoney was the only one who was able to stop my pain. He is incredible. His waiting room is full, but when you are in he takes care of you like you are special. Thank you Dr. Stoney for fixing my pain when no other health care specialist could.

May 11th, 2013
Happy Patient
Dr. Stoney is fantastic. He listens to what I have to say, he is attentive to my illness that brings me to him and he is also interested in other medical conditions that are affecting me at the time of the visit with him Although he is an excellent pain management physician, he is also an excellent doctor who cares too. Dr. Stoney was able to solve my pain problem and he was nice, down to earth and kind. He was like a tiger when it was to solving my pain issue and for that I will always be grateful to him. Thank you Dr. Stoney.

April 10th, 2013
Patient
This doctor is fantastic. He is kind and caring. He knows a lot about pain and he uses state of the art treatment for pain control. Now my pain is resolved and I no longer have to see Dr. Stoney. He works outstanding things with his tools for pain control. Now my family is thankful for my primary care physician referring me to Dr. Stoney.