Dr. Leticia Ugarte Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Leticia Ugarte?

August 16th, 2016

Her staff is the rudest group of people I have ever dealt with. They have you stand there waiting, not even acknowledging you. After about 3 minutes of standing there, one of the girls finally said "you need something". ? Ride as can be.

April 28th, 2016

Don't go to this "psychiatrist"

She specializes in adolescent psychiatry and cannot see the differences between a six and a sixteen year old. She only meets with the parents on multiple occasions and never considers the child's, the patients, opinions on what their treatment is, regardless of age. She insists on absurdly long grace periods without medication and even longer periods where the patient isn't on enough to have a positive effect. Exceedingly hard to schedule an emergency appointment, I'd go as far as saying it's impossible. She never follows up with the patient and has cancelled on them after they haven't had medication for 2 months. Requests that teenaged adolescents not have locks on their door, heavily restricted on their electronics, gives honestly stupid advice when she tries to play therapist, and refuses refills until you see her next. Don't go to her, for the sake of your child and yourself.

February 25th, 2016

She is a wonderful caring doctor!

September 23rd, 2013

At first I was comfortable with Dr Ugarte very easy to talk to. BUT the advise she gave was totally unacceptable at least to me. She advised us to just let our child have the violent fits and destroy the house. Her advise was; holes in the walls that's ok they can be fixed, breaking the sibling toys that's ok they can be replaced. Basically just let it run its course and what ever happens it can be fixed or replaced. She doesn't get it. Then when it comes to medication. Our child "10 years old" gets even worse on medicine "A" we discontinued and advise Dr Ugarte, so what happens she prescribed next was the same base medication with a different name. what do think is going to happen ? Yep same results. A simple google search compared the meds and it was the same. My wife insisted we try it and did for about 3 days and sure enough the same violent result, again it was the same med with a different name HELLO?? I could go on and on.......Being a nice Dr does not solve the issues.....

April 9th, 2012

VERY good with my son.

I have been taking my child to Dr. Ugarte for the last 6-8 months. She is very kind, thourough, and definely knows what she is doing. I have never had a problem with anyone in the office or with getting an appointment. I would recommend Dr. Ugarte to others if asked.

October 24th, 2011

Dr. Ugarte and Staff

So far, I fell that Dr. Ugarte is a wonderful Psychiatrist. She seemed very in tune with my child and very pleasant to work with. She took her time and explained any questions that I had regarding medication, diagnosis, etc.The receptionist, ONLY receptionist I might add, in the office is very brash, rude and short tempered. I have to contribute this to: A.) this person is in an over-worked/under-staffed situation, B.) its a personality flaw or C.) The person just does not like the job. I found the attitude of the receptionist to be insulting, demeaning, and completely UNACCEPTABLE. Children and parents should be welcomed by a caring person who reflects what the doctors are trying to portray in their office not the opposite. If the doctors are overwrought, (ie by exceedingly high patient load) they may need to rethink their office structure and not make due at the expense of the already challenged children and their emotionally exhausted parents.First impressions mean a lot and I understand that we all have days that our not so good side shows, but after repeated visits, I feel its more than just a bad day. I hope the person responsible for representing such a wonderful Doctor is aware the impression they are making and either improves or moves on.

February 24th, 2011

Receptionist is harsh and rude. Have called twice, you never get an answer, only an option to leave a message.

July 20th, 2016