Dr. Levi Kirkland Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2017
Best hernia doctor in the Saint Louis area by far
Dr. Kirkland was extremely friendly and professional. He performed my hernia surgery without a patch and it was wonderful compared to the last hernia surgery I had with the patch from a different doctor. I have been to 4 hernia doctors over the last 5 years and Dr. Kirkland was by FAR the BEST. Highly recommend using his services.

September 21st, 2016
So grateful for Dr. Kirkland
I became very ill at work and was taken to the hospital where Dr. Kirkland was assigned to me. Surgery normally would take about 1 1/2 hours but due to the very bad condition of my gallbladder, he took his time and did it laproscopically which really helped my recovery. He made me and my husband feel comfortable and was very professional.

August 8th, 2016
This doctor was unprofessional with a horrible bedside manner. He had my wife hold body part whole he performed the procedure. He tried to make me feel inferior.

January 31st, 2015
Thanks in my time of need
Was admitted to the hospital due to abdominal pain. I am a jogger and vegetarian. Thus , I have been healthy all of my life. Shockingly, I was found to have a gastric tumor.. Dr. Kirkland was my surgeon and mobilized an excellent medical team. Post surgery, I am doing great. I think he is the greatest

June 10th, 2012
One of the few physicians who sat down and made sure I understood my health problem and the procedure to be done.Very down to earth. Feel very fortunate that I was referred to this physician.

March 26th, 2012
Heaven Sent
I had been having problems with my stomach for years. other doctors told me I had a spastic colon. Test directed by Dr. Kirkland showed I had a stricture of my colon.Surgery lead to immediate relief. thanks to Dr. Kirkland

February 26th, 2012
Bless Dr.Kirkland
Experienced shocking news that I had breast cancer. Referred to Dr. Kirkland who was very understanding and informative. Extensive discussions held with me and my family. Surgical options and choices discussed. Surgery went well and I am doing quite well. Thanks to Dr. Kirkland for his understanding and surgical expertise.

December 16th, 2011
Needed emerg appendix surgery, and this Dr. was on call. He discouraged laprascope proceedure and did old-fashioned cut-it-out. Now in 3 weeks of recovery instead of 3 days. Office is marginal, his follow-up check-in is non-existant. Generally a bad experience.

July 19th, 2011
Why be angry, be honest
I was referred to Dr. Kirkland by by PCP for hernia surgery. I am well over 300 lbs. and had multiple complications due to my size and the severity of my injury. Dr. Kirkland walked me through what happened, why, and how to avoid it in the future. I have scars as a result of the surgery, but I feel the care I received was excellent. He and Jolene were helpful with my insurance carrier on providing information to insure they allowed my disability during recovery.

June 10th, 2010
Not the most professional
Dr. Kirkland performed a minor surgery.His attitude during the initial consult was disturbing. He likes to talk about himself and definitely overuses the "F-word". Just before the surgery, he drew on my skin with his ink pen! The ink was visible for weeks afterward. I'm upset with myself for not walking away.

April 27th, 2010
My father was recently dianosed with colon cancer. This created great anxiety throughout my family. Dr Kirklamd was wonderful in explaining this problem to us and the necessary surgery. The operation was a success and my father is doing well. We will forever be grateful to Dr. Kirkland for his skill and professionlism.

February 27th, 2010
You are entitled to your own opinion
With all the reviews that I previously read on Dr. Kirkland I totally disagree with what was said. I was able to get an appointment next day. Dr. Kirkland was very informative unlike most doctors. He spent a lot of time with me, he was very attentive and caring to my decisions that were made. I did have to get surgery and he was more concerned about the scar than I was. At my follow up appointment I found out that I had breast cancer and he spent countless time with my husband and myself discussing the next step and different options. Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but my experience was nothing but the best. Thanks Dr. Kirkland