Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

1027 Bellevue Ave
Ste 201
Saint Louis, MO 63117
314-644-1411
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  show details
Jun 9th, 2012

One of the few physicians who sat down and made sure I understood my health problem and the procedure to be done.Very down to earth. Feel very fortunate that I was referred to this physician.

|  Heaven Sent  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I had been having problems with my stomach for years. other doctors told me I had a spastic colon. Test directed by Dr. Kirkland showed I had a stricture of my colon.Surgery lead to immediate relief. thanks to Dr. Kirkland

|  Bless Dr.Kirkland  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

Experienced shocking news that I had breast cancer. Referred to Dr. Kirkland who was very understanding and informative. Extensive discussions held with me and my family. Surgical options and choices discussed. Surgery went well and I am doing quite well. Thanks to Dr. Kirkland for his understanding and surgical expertise.

|  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

Needed emerg appendix surgery, and this Dr. was on call. He discouraged laprascope proceedure and did old-fashioned cut-it-out. Now in 3 weeks of recovery instead of 3 days. Office is marginal, his follow-up check-in is non-existant. Generally a bad experience.

|  Why be angry, be honest  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Kirkland by by PCP for hernia surgery. I am well over 300 lbs. and had multiple complications due to my size and the severity of my injury. Dr. Kirkland walked me through what happened, why, and how to avoid it in the future. I have scars as a result of the surgery, but I feel the care I received was excellent. He and Jolene were helpful with my insurance carrier on providing information to insure they allowed my disability during recovery.

|  Not the most professional  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2010

Dr. Kirkland performed a minor surgery.His attitude during the initial consult was disturbing. He likes to talk about himself and definitely overuses the "F-word". Just before the surgery, he drew on my skin with his ink pen! The ink was visible for weeks afterward. I'm upset with myself for not walking away.

|  THANK YOU DR KIRKLAND  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2010

My father was recently dianosed with colon cancer. This created great anxiety throughout my family. Dr Kirklamd was wonderful in explaining this problem to us and the necessary surgery. The operation was a success and my father is doing well. We will forever be grateful to Dr. Kirkland for his skill and professionlism.

|  You are entitled to your own opinion  |  show details
by cnc on Feb 27th, 2010

With all the reviews that I previously read on Dr. Kirkland I totally disagree with what was said. I was able to get an appointment next day. Dr. Kirkland was very informative unlike most doctors. He spent a lot of time with me, he was very attentive and caring to my decisions that were made. I did have to get surgery and he was more concerned about the scar than I was. At my follow up appointment I found out that I had breast cancer and he spent countless time with my husband and myself discussing the next step and different options. Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but my experience was nothing but the best. Thanks Dr. Kirkland

|  run away from this guy!  |  show details
by jewel in St. Louis MO on Nov 3rd, 2009

i have the worst scar on my body because of this doc! when he walked into the room, he didn't know why i was there, was smurky about my fear of surgery (i needed a small cyst removed from my upper arm), told me to be quiet as i cried, walked in & out of the room as i was cut open to get supplies (totally unorganized!!!), and ended up leaving a stitch exposed on my return visit to get the stitches out. he even had the nerve to charge me extra by now applying my co-pay towards the balance due!!!! what a deal - my gut told me to run away as i was waiting in his dull and dated waiting room - next, time i will listen to my instincts!!

|  Bedside manner: D-  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2009

Initial consult was shocking."F***ing this", "F***ing that"

|  If it hurts, don't do it.  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2009

I was told "If it hurts, don't do it." This was the total amount of instruction I received for post operative care.