Dr. Lewis Attas Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lewis Attas?

Dr. Attas = Memorial Sloane Kettering doctors

Posted on March 31st, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Attas for nine years. He has gotten me through four different cancers. Every time I have gotten one, I go to him to get the treatment. Then I go to Mem. Sloane Kettering. All four times they have recommended what he had already told me.

Avoid this doctor

Posted on September 27th, 2015

It is difficult to assess how ignorant Dr. Attas is, because his strongest characteristics are arrogance and insecurity. Dr. Attas "treated" my late father for lymphoma. Regarding his demonstrated ignorance; while my father's lymphoma was affecting his liver, Dr. Attas prescribed a medication for my father's toe nail fungus, that has among it's common side effects a negative impact on liver function! Beyond that, and what troubles me most about this man, and why YOU SHOULD NOT ALLOW THIS MAN TO TREAT YOU, is the following incident. Toward the end of my father's battle with his disease, we went to meet a Dr. in NYC who had been Dr. Attas's medical school professor. He patiently took the time to sit with my parents, encouraging my father to ask any questions. He gave my father hope, though not false hope. At his next appointment with Dr. Attas, my father shared what this kind, patient medical professor had shared and Dr. Attas erupted in anger telling my father he was very sick, and was admitting him on the spot to the ICU. The look on my father's face, the face that never showed any fear through the long ongoing treatment process, immediately turned to despair. My father never emerged from the ICU. As a side note, Dr. Attas is a very good actor. After my father passed away, my mother told me that "Dr. Attas really cared about daddy." I later pointed out to my mother how Dr. Attas attended neither the funeral of any of the following 7 days of our family sitting shiva.

Arrogant, incompetent and emotionally manipulative

Posted on May 15th, 2012

My late father was a patient of Dr. Attas. After hearing that my father had sought a respected opinion that conflicted with his own, Dr. Attas essentially through a tantrum. In addition, Dr. Attas decided to treat my father's toe-nail fungus while my father was already suffering from reduced liver function, and the medication for toe-nail fungus is notorious for reducing liver function even in a healthy person. All along pretending that he truly cared about his patient, Dr. Attas showed up to neither the funeral or to the week of shiva mourning; nor did he even send a card of condolence. He had already made his money.

Posted on May 28th, 2017