Dr. Lewis Bass Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lewis Bass?

August 16th, 2017

Dr. Bass is excellent in every way.

A true professional. He was very easy to talk to. Great listener with a great sense of humor. Really cares about his patients.

December 10th, 2016

I have known Dr. Bass for over 30 years and he is warm, kind, compassionate and caring. He took excellent care of my mother, my aunt, my cousin and myself for many years and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 27th, 2016

I feel hes the best of a bad lot. He tries but his waiting room is very old and the inside office is dirty. He probably was a better doctor years ago but time has turned him into a mass receiver of people to max out profits. He is also too quick to prescribe meds and not offer alternative advice.

November 19th, 2012

Gave up on him

I saw Dr. Bass for 12 years at the reccomendation of my aunt. He is marvelous. For 9 years, my kids saw him until I was pregnant with number 3 and he honestly said to me that he cannot take on the baby since he is not a pediatrician. That was fine, I switched all the kids, but I stayed. Well, his office had always asked me what insurance I have when making and appointment, like if they have a daily quota to fill. The one receptionist they have there is nasty to people and that is his mother in law. The wait time was atrocious but when you got inside you waited another 30 minutes in the room for him to come in to see you. He is great - nice man, great personality and really has good bedside manner. His staff and rules were the reason I jumped ship. That and the fact he was only there two days per week. If I got ill on Friday, I was screwed until Tuesday. I am reading about the additional fees now others are posting and it doesn't surprise me.

May 19th, 2010

Joseph

I've gone to Dr. Bass for over 30 years. He is a good doctor; he cares about his patients. I have recommended him to family and friends. His staff is very nice and professional .

April 7th, 2009

Will Nickel and Dime you!

Will make you sign a form stating that they may perform procedures or tests that insurance companies may deem medically unnecessary, and thus will not cover, and therefore you are responsible for all charges. The form also states that "supplies for and handling of laboratory specimens may be subject to a 'processing fee'". The form goes on to state, "Due to the time and administrative effort involved in obtaining approvals for procedures, referrals to specialists, and modifying treatment plans due to formulary changes/requests, there is an administrative fee charged by this office for ADDITIONAL time required."This form to me is free license for his office to charge me for HIS office/medical supplies, as well as time for what would normally be part of routine patient care. This is unacceptable.

February 28th, 2017