A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lewis Johnson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lewis Johnson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnson graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Johnson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
- State University of New York Health Science Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Johnson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 26 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 7 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lewis W. Johnson practice?
Dr. Lewis Johnson practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, and Endocrinology and Metabolism near Syracuse, NY.
See Syracuse Internists, Syracuse Cardiologists, and Syracuse Endocrinologists.