A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lewis Kannwischer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Glaucoma and Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Kannwischer graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Kannwischer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Health Center
- Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kannwischer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Lewis Kannwischer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lewis R. Kannwischer practice?
Dr. Lewis Kannwischer practices Ophthalmology near Waco, TX.
See Waco Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Louie Kannwischer, Dr. Louis Kannwischer, Dr. Luigi Kannwischer, Dr. Luis Kannwischer