Dr. Lewis King MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 27th, 2015
Dr King and staff offered me and my wife the time needed in office to clarify the details of my up and coming heart bypass. The staff I met was responsive and attentive to my phone calls and schedule needs with regards to surgery. Dr. King is indeed a very busy doctor but that comes to be expected when you are seeing one of the "best heart surgeons" in the hill country as my nurses described Dr King to me during my hospital stay. Wait times in office were a bit long but after talking with the doctor for an hour during my appointment, I can only assume he provides each patient the time they need to understand their procedure. I didn't mind waiting for those reasons.

August 3rd, 2011
Horrible Staff asistants and compassion
My father was DX with Cancer, was told he would have surgery in 2 weeks on a Tuesday after his appointment with Dr. King on Wednesday. He had to wait 2 weeks after 1 call to get in to see Dr. King. I contacted the office on Wed before the Tuesday date was given at appt for surgery to find out WHY no one had called my father about pre-op appt, lab, prep instructions, etc. I spoke with office staff who informed me that the surgery has NOT been scheduled and that the person who schedules surgries is on vacation and will not return until next week. I blew my top. I said I want to speak with Office manager, she is the one who is on vacation and schedules surgries. REALLY they care and have compassion for PT's. STAFF NEEDS TO BE TRAINED and or clean house fire them all and replace with employees who will place PT 1st, before themselves. So she went on vacation, why was it that my fathers cancer should wait for her to have fun in the sun. She should have trained someone else to take over and schedule while she was out of office.WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO PT CARE, COMPASSION.Sad since Dr. king was nice. But office staff reflects bad on the Doctor.Not Happy with staff. I am a cancer surviuor myself. I will not be advising other to use this office based on staff.

July 24th, 2011
A doctor that cares
I had some questionable I ages on an MRI scan that an orthopedic dr said I should have a thoracic dr review. I was able to quickly book an appt with dr king, and after a 45 min wait, finally was moved to the room. Dr king was quick to meet me in the room and took a good amount of time to understand the background issues. From there he took me to the computer and reviewed the images. He also asked for the opinion of another dr in the office. Apparently my image was not something that was easily diagnosed, and dr king, while offering his best guess, said he would also get the opinion of an interventional radiologist. He followed up with me with a phone call of the feedback and helped me set up my next visit. In my opinion, his caring (bedside manner) was off the charts high, and on that aspect alone I would refer dr king to everyone. I think there were new staff at the front desk and they should have kept me up to speed on delays rather than leave me sitting there for that long.

May 3rd, 2011
Not Happy With Care
Poor bedside manner

December 27th, 2010
Great surgeon
He is extremely capable in his field. He performed a very difficult, long surgery with great results. There was minimal scarring and the follow-up care was wonderful. I highly recommend him.

December 13th, 2010
August 2010
Dr. Lewis was introduced to me by my Cardiologist immediately following my Angio Gram test. I was fortunate that he would take the time to visit me and my family for he had just come out of sugery. My results were a little hard to accept at that moment due to the overall good health I am in. It was made clear to me by my Cardiologist that I would need By-Pass sugery to correct at the least 5 blockages. Now, Dr. King having just come out of sugery made time to sit down with me, my wife, and kids. He was very professional, understanding, and sensitive to our feelings while he explained the seriousness of my heart health and the By-Pass procedure I would need. His frankness and calmness thru his explanations helped us become more comfortable with my situation at hand. He gave us the opportunity to process the information, to choose who, where and when we would like to have the surgery. We are so happy and thankful we chose Dr. King to be our surgeon. I was back in my office on lite duty on the 6th day following my 5 By-Pass surgery. We are very thankful that we chose Dr. Lewis King. He and his surgical team were great. I highly recommend him and all his staff.

October 13th, 2010
We took my mother in for what was a preliminary dx of cancer. He spent as much time as we needed discussing the biopsy procedure with us in his office. Then at the time of surgery,he apologized for having to tell us it was indeed cancer. He came back hours after the outpatient surgery to check on my mom who also had a bulging disc. He was very dissatisfied with her level of pain and immediately prescribed something for us to take home for her pain. He spent more time talking to us about what to expect with this type of cancer and again apologized for having to give us bad news. He was very compassionate and spent way more time with us than we expected. Highly recommended.

April 8th, 2010
He saved my life
I had an aortic dissection and aortic aneurysm. His operation saved my life. He stopped by a few days later while I was in the ICU and explained how the procedure went. One of his PA's stopped by twice more while I was in the hospital to check up on me. I have also been to his office twice where I again dealt with his staff - all very friendly and helpful. I saw him at his office as well, but only long enough for him to ask how I was doing before I went off with one of his PA's to get checked. I recently went for a followup CT scan. He phoned me a few days later and discussed with me the results of the CT, luckily for me everything is stable. During our talk, I never felt rushed and he answered all of the questions I had.