A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lewis Silverman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lewis Silverman, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Clinical Research
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Silverman graduated from Vrije Universiteit Brussels. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Silverman has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Silverman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 11 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lewis R. Silverman practice?
Dr. Lewis Silverman practices Medical Oncology near New York, NY.
See New York Oncologists.