Dr. Lewis Lane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 7th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor and Genuine Human Being
Dr. Lane has been extremely helpful with my Anxiety/Panic Disorder using a combination of Cognitive Therapy and Medication. He is insightful, kind and compassionate. I almost cancelled my first appointment until Dr Lane called me and told me he understood what i was going through and explained that he could help me. I am glad I went. He did understand and he truly made a difference in my life. He does not accept insurance but he is up front about it. I was able to get a portion of it reimbursed through my insurance company. Giving him a low rating for that reason seems a bit unreasonable. He's a good Doctor. More importantly, he's a good person.

August 8th, 2015
Dr.Lane was just wonderful. I had been dreading going to another doctor, but he turned out to be one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

May 25th, 2014
what could you not like about dr lane ?
He is the best ! I along with my 4 children recieved treatment , life coaching for the last 8 years after going through some horendous circumstances. You need to go to your appointment s with a willingness to learn, humility to face your own faults and courage to act on what you learn. Sometimes it takes time to get the right dose and combination of meds and I learned that having faith in him and providing feed back ...that over time he got it dead right in all cases. The complaints I read below about going long on appointments by 5 or 10 min is true ...and he will extend your session a bit if he deems important. We never felt cheated ..it cuts both ways. As far as not taking insurance ... thats his business model and decision isnt it ? I wouldnt either ...maybe he wants to be a doctor and help people rather than an administrator and employer ..... such a small inconvenience to have the opportunity to glean from his knowledge and expertise. He may not have the cheapest rate but in my experience he is the best value due to the value and volume of information available and inparted with brevity. Highly highly recommend.

October 1st, 2013
He found the right meds for me!
Dr. Lane literally saved my sanity by prescribing the correct meds for me. I had been in talk therapy for years and constantly complained of panic attacks and depression. I am turning to him now for the third time since I just lost my mother and I am having panic attacks again. I wonder if the negative reviews are written by people who don't have the patience to go through drug trials. It takes at least six weeks or more to determine if a drug is going to be right for you.

September 13th, 2012
Rip Off
Nothing impressive and doesn't allow to use insurance. Be ready to shell out 350 bucks to see him, to tell you stuff you already know. Steer clear

January 12th, 2012
Very self satisfied, full of himself. Put down other doctors and has a personal vendetta against insurance companies. Does not accept any insurance, said I couldn't afford him to treat me. Never said wether or not he could treat me for this reason. Although he knew prior to our meeting that I had insurance and needed to use it and said initially we could work something out. I left feeling frustrated and confused. It was a waist of valuable time and money. I was very disappointed with my visit.

December 19th, 2011
Be extremely cautious with Dr. Lane
Dr. Lane over-prescibed meds for me over a ten year period with no follow through. I ended up with serious brain swelling from the 7 med cocktail he carelessly prescribed. i am now under the care of a neurologist who is competant. Dr. Lewis Lane took a decade of my life by over-medicating me. He also told me repeatedly I would never get better and that this was as good as it was going to get. Guess what Dr. Lane? After detoxing off your ridiculous cocktail I feel pretty good.

October 21st, 2010
Assessment
Brilliant, compassionate, insightful, patient, and effective.