Lewis S Sharps MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 14th, 2012
Excellent Ortho Surgeon and Compassionate Doctor
Dr. Lewis Sharps is an excellent surgeon. Indeed, his surname reflects his being "sharp" and smart. Dr. Sharps performed a meniscus knee surgery on my mother for a severely torn knee meniscus. Mom is 84 and came to him in unbearable shooting pain, hardly able to walk. Dr. Sharps succeeded whereas others did not from the top orthopedic surgeons both here in the Mainline Area, PA and in the North Shore Great Neck, NY area. Those other doctors let my mother suffer for (7) seven long years until the meniscus tore was hanging by a thread. She had been told by others that she should accept being old ant that she should throw away her cane as it was in her head. Yet, when Dr. Sharps met her, immediately took action! He looked at her x-rays and Catscan himself - and he took his time. He then told her what he believed her diagnosis could be but ordered the MRI. On the second visit, he took my 84 year old mother over to the computer and reviewed in detail the MRI findings. Then, they scheduled the surgery for Paoli Hospital. The surgery was a success and Dr. Sharps saved my mother's knee from a knee replacement. Dr. Sharps waited by her bedside until she woke up and she was happy to see him. , whereas other ortho surgeons in the area (from what we were told by another doctor) have complained that they never saw their surgeons, not knowing who did the surgery and had complications. Dr. Sharps works quickly, thinks fast and is able to diagnose problems. He is caring and also is very honest in what he says and does. Go to Dr. Sharps and trust him!

February 18th, 2011
DANGER! do not go to him!
I went to dr sharps after falling on my ankle and he literally looked at my x-ray for less than 5 seconds. He said it could be some kind of neurological issue that I was experiencing so much pain and told me to walk through the pain and never ordered a test for this "neurological pain problem". After 3 weeks I could take the pain no more and got a 2nd opinion. The Dr. was shocked! He put me in a cast immediately. I had a crush fracture of the talus bone in my ankle. Because this went on for so long and I was walking on a fractured foot, the blood circulation to my bone was damaged, leading to partial death of the bone. I spent almost one year in therapy, crutches, and pain. PLEASE do not go to him. He gives all doctors a bad name.