Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Highly Recommend  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr. Stocks was an absolute pleasure to talk with. Yes, he took the time to talk with me, not only about my gallbladder removal surgery, but also about other health conditions that I was dealing with. His widespread knowledge and experience was reassuring. I had not had a surgery since the age of six (tonsils) and was apprehensive about surgery until I met with Dr. Stocks. I felt completely cared for and completely confident in Dr. Stocks skill and knowledge. The operation went without a hitch and recovery was EASY. No problems. It was the best experience I've ever had with a doctor. I would recommend Dr. Stocks to anyone who is in need of a surgery that he may perform. A note on his office staff: they were excellent...friendly, professional and very helpful.

|  Not just our doctor...trusted friend  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Stocks and his staff have been so caring with me and my family from the day we met him. We all feel comfortable knowing we are always getting his best advice and trust what he tells us. It is a comfort knowing he and his staff are really concerned about you and your family.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by anon. on Apr 29th, 2010

Dr. Stocks knows his stuff! I am so glad I found him a few years ago!

|  Get Second Opinion!  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2009

Over-anxious to surgically remove a healhty gallbladder. Attempted to demonstrate fake gallstones using ultrasound. HIDA scan proved him wrong.Told that this isn't the first time this has happened. Living proof. Get a second opinion!

|  show details
Mar 18th, 2009

Dr. Stocks has saved my life several times and gave me the courage to stay alive when all seemed hopeless. He is devoted to his patients no matter the situation .... you come first!! I can't say enough of this wonderful, skillful caring man who fights for what is in your best interest. Not very many doctors could hold a candle to Dr. Stocks.

|  Dr Stocks  |  show details
by Steven Davis on Jan 5th, 2009

Has Got to be one of the best surgical Doctors In the Raleigh Area. His Bedside manner is about the best i have ever seen. His staff is very caring and he is ready to help anyone that he possibly can.

|  Outstanding Physician  |  show details
by Randy & Marcia on Apr 15th, 2008

We were in need of a general surgeon over 7 years ago. It was my hair stylist in LaGrange, NC who recommended Dr. Lewis H. Stocks in Raleigh. She said he was a good ole local boy from Hookerton in Greene County. My husband went to him to have a growth removed off his neck. So our journey began with being treated by Dr. Lewis H. Stocks, and still under his care. Now, through all these years, he remains our surgeon. He is now our trusted physician who is treating my husband's thyroid cancer. We trust him with our lives. If he can do the surgery, then Dr. Stocks is the one who does it on all our family. If he cannot do the surgery, then we depend upon him to refer us to the best surgeon he personally knows at Rex Hospital. With Dr. Stocks, surgery is not a big fear because we trust his judgement, his expertise, and his performance. He has time for his patients, making them feel like a real human being, and not some number that comes and goes within a days time. He has the best bedside manners of any doctor. He makes you really feel "like one of the family". When Dr. Stocks ever retires, I don't know what my family will do !!!! We hope he practices as long as we live !!! Dr. Stocks, we really love you and appreciate all you have done for our family.