Dr. Lewis Winkler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lewis Winkler?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Lewis Winkler?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

October 27th, 2015

why make me join a group for therapy?

I needed professional help. After a couple of sessions he suggested group therapy - the group was full of people with very different life experiences and issues - I hd to hear about their divorces, plans, job worries etc. - it did absolutely nothing for me. My guess is it brings in more money then single sessions for him. I would NOT recommend for anyone needing any therapy at all.

June 6th, 2013

Irresponsible. Arrogant. Destructive

Saw lewis winkler as a reference at a low point and great need in my life. He proceeded to cite clinical statistics to predict i would get much worse psychologically. He was cold and arrogant offering no support in any way--perhaps because he knew i was not return business for him. Just a one-time reference. Revealed his true character Since then i have come to hear that many dont return to him for similar reasons. The worst physician related experience ever And, he was also proved wrong as well. Stay away

December 7th, 2011

I saw Winkler a month ago, booked an appointment on ZocDoc.com. I received a call from him later that day saying he doesn't pay attention to the site and would need to meet with me another day. Why he is still on the site, I don't even know. Anyway, we rescheduled.I went in and sat in a waiting room for about 15 minutes. I didn't know where his office was located in the suite or if he had even remembered out appointment. Finally, he came down and asked that I fill out forms for a few minutes before we began talking.After 5 minutes of speaking with him, he made a vague diagnosis, instructed me to stop the antidepressant I was on (Effexor) without any plan for withdrawal, and that I was wasting my time if I was trying to get anything other than weekly psychotherapy. He said we would have to do a few sessions before he would put me on anything else (meanwhile, I would be withdrawing unaided from one of the worst antidepressants to go off). I explained to him that I don't make much at my job--I could not pay full price, and that none of the doctors in the area who accepted my insurance were taking new patients. He then asked me how I had found him, and chalked my looking up psychiatrists online as a "manic episode." Throughout the visit, he fell asleep a few times--in a 5 minute long conversation! How is that even possible?Anyway, he sent me off after those 5 minutes and told me to call if I wanted to come back for group therapy. It was a total waste of my time and I felt pretty terrible afterwards. I had forgotten about that awful experience until I got home from work today and found a bill for almost $300. Unbelievable.

January 24th, 2009

Dr Winkler spoke to me at length on the telephone before our first session and was warm and useful in resolving the crisis,,, We have gone on to doing ongoing therapy which has been a very healing and growth-promoting experience,

January 2nd, 2009

comprehensive thorough professional warm and engaging

July 26th, 2015