Leyda E Bowes, MD
Video profile
3659 S Miami Ave Ste 6008
Miami, FL 33133
(305) 856-6555
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Satisfied patient  |  show details
by Allen on Mar 16th, 2014

I had an unusual skin problem and the doctor knew what it was right away. After it was confirmed by biopsy I was treated and it resolved. Excellent physician

|  House Wife  |  show details
by Linda Lane on Mar 9th, 2014

While Dr. Bowes is an Excellent Doctor I was/am very DISAPPOINTED with my result with CoolSculpting!!!!!! I’m a slender woman, 50 years old (5ft 4inches) in fair to good shape (always pride on my waste) but wanted to tone the little extra that gravity seems to donate with the years… HA!!! After three (3) sessions I was left with bumpy/uneven hips and waste line. The way the system works is that it melts the fat that the machine/Nozzle suction vacuums up leaving the surrounding areas where the nozzle was not attached untreated… you go back for second (2) even third (3) session as I did (where they make the money) to try to even up the areas but result are still uneven fat distribution!!!!!!! DO NOT spend the money and your precious Time!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by M.P on Aug 14th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. E Bowes for some years. I have to say I'm happy with the doctor and staff. It is very easy to make appointment and the staff is very nice. I have to be honest I had to wait 20 minutes, but least be honest, who does not wait when you go to a doctor, I personally have waited 3 hrs. to see a pulmonologist and I also one time waited 4 hours to see the stomach specialist, and I' not exaggerating. In my opinion if is about anything to do with medical problems and you have a good doctor it is worth waiting.

|  Finally!!  |  show details
by Frank A. on Jul 31st, 2013

I had suffered from a scalp condition for a long time and no one had been able to help me. I went to Bowes Dermatology and was prescribed a lotion and a shampoo, and within a few days the condition was gone. I had been to many other offices and I spent so much money in medicines that did not help. I finally found a place where they really could help me.

|  Cool Sculpting- Fantastic Experience  |  show details
by Fernando Sanchez on Jul 26th, 2013

Being obsessive compulsive, a perfectionist and having a high esteem and vanity, it was necessary to find a solution to get rid of my excess fat around my waist and lower abdominal area. I am a person who eats very lean and healthy, I exercise and I am very much aware of my physic. Not only for the above mentioned reasons, but because my profession calls for a young attractive appearance. There wasn't enough exercise, dieting, or stretching that would reduce these bothersome areas form the excess fat. Coolsculpting became the solution, not only Coolsculpting but the trust and knowledge offered by Dr. Leyda Bowes during the first consultation. In my case, after 5 weeks my pant size dropped from 31 to 20 .Now, three months later I am size 28, I am 5'11 and weigh 161 lbs. It's important to know that there is a strict follow up, good eating habits, habitual exercise, and a constant observance of your figure. After getting the results, your inner vanity, if you are consistent, it will give you an outcome that nothing else can achieve, that is not invasive or surgical. You have a choice, my advice is to take this one.

|  Very nice experience at Bowes Dermatology  |  show details
by Mirely on Jul 23rd, 2013

I visited Bowes Dermatology with a concern about my skin health and to improve (lift) the corners of my mouth (which was giving me a tired, sad look). The staff was excellent in their customer care skills and the doctor was great. I had a detailed skin examination and was prescribed a nice thorough regimen for my sensitive skin. Dr. Bowes also performed Restylane injections to lift the corners of my mouth. They did numb me with a super Strong numbing cream prior to the procedure, so the injections were not that uncomfortable at all. I am thrilled at what this filler did to my facial image and how it lifted the corners of my mouth. Dr. Bowes' technique was artistic and highly skilled. Very happy with the overall process and give it five stars (despite a little bit of a wait to see the doctor, around 20 minutes).

|  OUTSTANDING  |  show details
by Vanessa S on Jul 4th, 2013

I have seen several dermatologists in the past but no one comes close to dr. Bowes depth of knowledge, amazing bedside manner and surgical abilities. I recommend her to anyone searching for the very best!

|  Putting on My Best Face  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2013

The facility at Bowes Dermatology is state of the art, the personnel is well-informed and friendly, and Dr. Bowes is knowledgable, skilled, and very personable. A great experience for Fraxel and Coolsculpting

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr. Bowes is a brilliant physician and has all the attributes a patient is seeking in a doctor: highly skilled, great communicator, caring, willing to explore options to find solutions, amiable, vibrant, and well-organized. Also has a great staff, who are friendly and knowledgeable about all skin conditions.

|  Excellent Dermatology Expert  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

I had my Fraxel laser with Dr. Bowes yesterday. She treated my face and hands, and also takes care of my rosasea. She did a super nice job and was very informative as always. She has an amazing team of nurses as well, who always make you feel special. Overall rate it as a great experience.

|  Excellent doctor and great bedside manners  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

I returned to Dr. Bowes recently for my annual skin cancer evaluation. Always happy to see a doctor who takes the time with my visit and explains the findings of the exam. Never feel rushed, and leave with tons of brochures and information. Her staff is super accommodating also, which helps my schedule as a busy pilot. Give them an A .

|  Exceptional Doctor who also returned my weekend call within 5 minutes..  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

Dr. Bowes is great and so is her staff. They've all been excellent at this practice. I am writing this report because of her exceptionally professional and kind attitude towards me when I called her on the weekend because of a skin irritation from an acne cream. I had a lot of itching after using tretin cream, with redness on my eyelids. Called the doctor's call center at 2 am. :( She called me within 5 minutes, was super pleasant at 2am!!, and even gave me her cell numbr in case I needed to call her again. Told me what to do for the irritation; all gone now, and so is my acne.

|  Dr. Bowes is a caring and highly skilled doctor  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Doctor Bowes and her staff have been superb in the care of my entire family. We all go there for our skin care, but I'm writing this review particularly because of the great care she has taken of my parents. They travel from Naples to Miami three times a year to see her. Prior to seeing her, my 93 year-old dad must have had more than 8 surgeries done on his face. Dr. Bowes, while being very meticulous in her skin checks of my father, has also introduced him to new medications and tretments that have avoided so many surgeries in my dad. His skin is healthier now, he's used aldera cream for skin cancers and looks overall much better. It is no wonder she won the compassionate doctor award. Thank you Dr. Bowesfrom all our family.

|  Feedback from my appointment with Dr Bowes  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Very friendly doctor, nice office, but I was not satisfied with the experience at all.A few problems I would report as a suggestion for improvement:- I felt really rushed and was dismissed before I was able to answer all the questions I had. It seemed like they were all in a hurry after I waited for 30min to see the doctor.- During the consultation we were interrupted 2 times by staff for the Dr to sign documents or respond to something.- After telling me about several products I would need to use to solve my problem (which I could not follow given the technical names), the assistant gave me the prescriptions but missed a product or two that I recall being suggested by the doctor. They recommended about 6 products, which is a lot for the the problem I had, and missed simplicity in the explanation. I was confused with so much information...and they were rushed for me to leave the officeGiven the price of the consultation, expertise of the doctor and reputation, I would have expected a much better service and attention.

|  2 HOURS IS TOO LONG  |  show details
by TC on Sep 17th, 2010

nice Dr, nice staff ,but lack of communication ,found out i was having surgery the day of , return visit waited 2 hours, a half hour of that was waiting in the examination room freezing . finally walked out , have sought out other Dr.

|  Dr. Bowes is an Excellent Dermatologist  |  show details
by Andrew S. on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Bowes was as competent and thorough as my daughter said she was. Was able to treat (and resolve) my hand exema in one visit. Highly recommend her!

|  Super competent and great office staff  |  show details
by Howard B. on Jul 4th, 2010

I see Dr. Bowes twice a year for my skin check, having had skin cancer in the past. My entire family sees her, and are also followed by her PA Balta. Both Ivy League trained; even her pa is a Masters alumni from my alma mater, Yale U. Dr. Bowes is a UM and Harvard trainee. Overall, the medical care here is very high quality. I commonly do not have to wait much to see her; however my daughter ended up waiting almost half hour to see her. She is delighted with Dr. Bowes and Balta's care, so the wait was ok.

|  Excellent Miami Dermatologist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 3rd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Excellent doctor. Most competent. Spent the time did not rush me. Treated both my medical and cosmetic skin concerns with the highest level...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Exellent dermatologist..The best  |  show details
by Caroline Ebehard Gudrum on May 17th, 2010

Dr. Bowes is an excellent dermatologist, very knowledgeble and dedicated to her patients, as well as her staff. I had a severe acne when I was young and now at 47 y/o I suffer from fine wrinkles and cellulitis. I visit Dr. Bowes periodically . Her treatments are great . I look so much better and I feel more confident about myself. I strongly recomend Dr. BowesI have to say THANK YOU Dr. Bowes. I look great now.

|  Professional and honest.  |  show details
by Carrie Menendez on May 5th, 2010

I went to Dr. Bowes to clear my facial skin complexion and mentioned that I had recently bought La Prairie and other expensive creams. I brought them with me to the consultation and she actually took the time to review them and tell me what they were and what they did! In the end, she added a prescription for an acne wash and recommended that I introduced a growth factor cream in my regimen; she let me keep my La Prairie and daytime sunscreen, and said they actually worked well in combination with the ones she just prescribed. I was given detailed written instructions by her assistants on how to use these 3 creams and the cleanser. My face is looking much better already and it's only been 2 weeks.

|  Highly satisfied with Dr. Bowes' expertise and great bedside manners  |  show details
by Tim Skammel on May 3rd, 2010

During my last visit in Florida(usually do my routine checkups with my internist in Miami every 6 months), I had a flare of a long standing skin condition, excema. My internist called Dr. Bowes'office to see if she could see me the same day, since I was on my way to Orlando for a family vacation. The office accepted us in, but did explain that in order not to delay the patients that were already scheduled in the practice, they could see us at 4:45 PM. We got there at 4:40 PM, filled out paper work and within 10 minutes were in to see the Doctor and her Physician Assistant. Dr. Bowes had been busy all day doing cosmetic procedures, yet she took the time too see me at the end of her day, and spent a good amount of time doing a thorough physical skin check and explainig to me the plan for treatment. I was so pleased with her knowledge and pleasant demeanor, I will not only keep coming back to her office for my skin exams, but will probably come with my wife for some cosmetic procedures as well. This office has several Harvard-trained physicians, some of which have even invented some laser devices, I later found out.

|  Professional, knowledgeable and caring.  |  show details
by Isabella F. on Apr 29th, 2010

I have had a condition on my face for almost 10 months that 3 previous derms called acne, and gave me creams and pills to take. For the first time, I had a doctor seat down, look at me and listen to the history of my so called acne condition. She explain to me that I had a form of acne that is affected or worsened by a local mite that we all have in the skin, and lives around the hair and oil glands. In summary, she prescribed me an 'anti-mite' cream that cleared my face in 2 weeks. This was 3 months ago, and my face is still clear!

Mar 17th, 2010

the worse doctor I had seen

|  Dr. Bowes is a truly exceptional doctor!  |  show details
by Daysi Lopez on Aug 19th, 2009

Dr. Leyda Bowes is truly an exceptional doctor. She has been my dermatologist for four years now, and I am always extremely satisfied with how thorough and detailed she is with my skin checks. I have had skin cancer in the past, and suffer from psoriasis for more than 20 years. Thanks to her expertise, my psoriasis has been under excellent control for the past years, and she has also prescribed medications and creams that have reduced the number of precancers I have on my skin, thus avoiding the more complex procedures, mole surgery and so on. She is also my cosmetic dermatologist and does my Botox and Restylene injections once or twice a year, and she is quite fabulous at that too; she makes me look beautiful and natural!

|  GREAT DOC  |  show details
by GCL on Aug 15th, 2009

VERY HAPPY I FOUND HER,SMART,PROFESSIONAL,AND A NICE PERSON.

|  Dr. Bowes, an A dermatologist  |  show details
by Alina Martin on Jul 6th, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Bowes by my primary doctor. When I called her office to make an appointment I was surprised to hear that she would see me that same day, although the office was jampacked. She started my treatment immediately, and I saw immediate results. My treatment is a long one and I need to see her every 3 weeks or at least once a month, but Dr. Bowes is always in the best disposition with a kind, friendly smile -- she is patient, caring, and above all very skilled, knowledgeable and competent. She is now treating my husband too, and he is also very satisfied with her. I recommend Dr. Bowes by all means.

May 14th, 2009

Dr. Bowes is wonderful -- knowledgeable, skilled, caring, and with a great sense of humor.

by LucyNobel on Jul 10th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Bowes is an excellent dermatologist. Best I have ever been to. I went to her for cosmetic treatments last week. I had pronounced wrinkles and many acne scars from previous severe cystic acne. I received one syringe of Perlane and three of Restylene wh

Read Full Review at citysearch.com