More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leyla Akanli
Dr. Leyla Akanli, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology and Pediatrics. Dr. Akanli is affiliated with St Vincent Indianapolis Hospital, St.Vincent Women’s Hospital and St Joseph Hospital & Health Center. Dr. Akanli has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Leyla Akanli has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing,...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. Leyla Akanli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.
Dr. Elizabeth Schaefer
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatrics
Indianapolis, IN 0 mi16
Dr. Mona Zawaideh
Nephrology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatrics
Indianapolis, IN 0 mi16
Dr. Anjali Sharathkumar
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Pediatrics
Indianapolis, IN 0 mi