Dr. Leyla Somen Is this you?

1.7

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Leyla Somen?

HORRIBLE WOMAN, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Posted on September 12th, 2017

If you value your sanity, stay away from her! I saw Dr Somen for the first time on 8/27/17, in order to learn how to manage Xanax withdrawal. When I entered her office, she didn't greet me. Throughout the interview, she did not look at me, just was writing lots of notes. She started asking me questions right away. I said I had my PCP's notes with me. She refused to see his records. She began by lambasting my PCP in a most unprofessional way, telling me he had "prescribed" me Xanax and then "dumped" me on her. She said she didn't want me as a patient. All this in a loud, brusque manner. I kept telling her that it wasn't my PCP who had prescribed the drugs in the first place. She kept getting my present PCP, and my former psychiatrist, mixed up. She would not listen. She was very rude, telling me she wasn't interested in my answers, or that I was evading her questions. She asked, "In just ONE of THREE words, tell me if you feel your childhood was happy, sad, or mediocre." When I said I couldn't answer that in just one word, she furiously berated me for not answering the question! While I was there, she answered calls on her cell phone. One was apparently from a patient. Dr. Somen said, "I don't care what you do on Saturdays or other days. I can't take you on Saturday." Another was a personal call. Her voice changed right away to a pleasant tone, and she stayed several minutes on the phone. When she hung up, there was no apology for using MY time on her personal matters. She didn't ask me how long I'd been on Xanax. She went on writing. I asked her what she was writing, since she'd stated that she didn't want me as a patient. She started shouting at me. I tried to tell her the prescription meds I was on currently. She told me "I'm not interested in knowing what you take for seizures, that's between you and your neurologist." At another time, she asked me, "so who prescribed you Prozac"? I was flabbergasted. I have never taken Prozac in my life and it's definitely not on my records. I had brought all the supplements I'm currently taking. She said "I don't want to see them, you can take anything you want, it's nothing to do with me". WHAT? Certain supplements interact negatively with prescription drugs, and every doctor I've ever seen has requested a full list. Meanwhile, I was starting to feel quite shaky, but still staying as cool and polite as I could. She, on the other hand, was increasingly getting louder and more insulting. She scolded me continually, and said it was not for me to ask questions. She was bullying, condescending, arrogant, and totally UNPROFESSIONAL. I suffer from panic attacks and from fear of authoritarian figures. I was terrified. I felt emotionally abused, humiliated, angry, and treated like dirt. She finally wrote me a prescription for Xanax at a greatly reduced dose, and when I started to cry and said I couldn't wean myself off so quickly, she said, "Oh,yes, you will" with a nasty, sneering smile on her face. She refused to discuss treatment with me. She also prescribed a medication to take at night, but refused to tell me what it was (I later showed her scrip to my neurologist. He said that on no account I should take this new medication, it could aggravate my seizures). Then she stood up and opened the door. The visit was over. When I came out of her office, I totally broke down at the reception desk. I had a huge panic attack. I was sobbing so hard that I couldn't speak, could hardly breathe. The staff seemed uncomfortable. No one offered for me to sit down or even a glass of water. I couldn't drive off for ½ hour because I was so overwrought. I knew it was not safe for me to drive. I was shaking and sobbing. I took a Xanax and waited at least 45 minutes until I started feeling myself again. I drove home and stayed there the rest of the day, taking things easy. The next morning I woke up with another panic attack, having had vivid flashbacks of how Dr. Somen had treated me. For the rest of the day, I felt anxious, shaky, nauseated and even threw up. I was unable to keep to my PCP's dosage, and had to take an extra tablet. I tried complaining about her to the Medical Board, but their formal process is so convoluted that I finally gave up. This woman is a danger to society!

BEWARE! This lady is a professional fraud!!!

Posted on June 6th, 2017

I went to see Dr. Somen one time and she was very condescending and rude!!! She wrote my prescription wrong 3 times! Then she discharged me from her practice because me and the pharmacists at Rite- Aid called her on her mistake! This lady is down right terrible and she have her license stripped away! I spoke to multiple people about her and they all have terrible things to say about this lady!

Debasing experience

Posted on December 27th, 2016

I felt like a berated child. I've suffered depression on and off all my life and eventually it worsened so that I attempted suicide. Her off-handed, rude criticisms and blatant disregard for me as a human being could have sent me off the deep end once and for all.

Very unprofessional and rude.

Posted on February 9th, 2016

I do not even understand how someone so uncaring and rude can be in this field of work. She does not listen to a thing anyone says, prescribes medicine without first getting baseline testing done, increases medication without any testing. If you bring to her attention how your feel on the medication she will literally say" don't take it then", if you're a past drug user ( it has been 15 years ago for me ) she will never let you live it down. To top off things, the place is dirty all the time and they have a cat that roams around the place, I am allergic to cats! Go somewhere that actually cares!

Posted on January 29th, 2016

Nice Women. No very approachable and not easy to talk to

DONT GO HERE

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

Terrible women. Do not go here if you have an opiate problem. Any problem you have she will make worse on top of increasing your anxiety. She's old and has an undiagnosed dementia disorder. This is not me being rude or lying. This is the truth.

Posted on December 11th, 2014

This lady asked me what meds I wanted to be put on.

Burned out Kreinbrook imbecile

Posted on October 5th, 2014

I saw her once and retreated from Kreinbrook permanently as a result! I was thoroughly disgusted that any facility would even utilize such an incompetant, uncaring and idiotic doctor that I called after this one and only 2nd opinion appt. to complain. The desk staff apologized and offered another doctor of my choice. I was too disgusted with Somen being used as a doc by Kreinbrook to trust ANYone else they had. I also had to educate the staff about the ignorant fool they placed me with- Somen led a 5 minute argument with me as she foolishly stated over and over that Latuda is just an antidepressant!! It is NOT- it is an atypical antipsychotic USED for bipolar depression- HUGE chemical difference! Beyond that she lacks the interviewing and analytical skills to even begin to accurately diagnose anyone. This 2nd op lasted about 15 minutes and she did nothing but act as if diagnosing while saying my diagnosis was bipolar because I had reported it from a prior diagnosis in my records?! Ridiculous. I wish I had her on tape. In addition she stated I was currently manic and needed to increase lithium (which cannot! be increased changed without blood testing of your levels!!) I have since been reduagnosed and off lithium for months- because I have ADHD and depression. NOT bipolar and lithium did nothing to help me. Know that something is wrongif you are diagnosed as being manic for 6+ months!

Somen has a Stick. Up. Her. Hooha

Posted on August 23rd, 2014

I am a new mother and battling post partum depression. She asked me to sum up my problems in ONE SENTENCE. She was defensive when I asked if she could reassure me that the medication she was prescribing was safe. She scribbled down notes & accused me of being a pillhead or something! I came in seeking help for deep depression, did not want to be prescribed abilify again but she prescribed me some new medication that was jUST like it probably because she gets a kickback from the company if she doles out this garbage to us like were guinea pigs. She also had nothing but negative things to say and it was bright sunny she said "looks like it will storm". She then proceeds to accuse me of not wanting help!! What a crock. I suprisingly held my temper and was nothing but nice to her. I did passive aggressively make an appointment with her for next time at an early morning time and missed it on purpose NA NA NA NA NA, Somen. she probably wrote the only 2 good reviews on here but her score is still 1 star haha. She should be back in communist Russia where she belongs.

Horrible horrible person should not be a dr

Posted on August 2nd, 2014

Dr leyla somen is not only the most horrible uncaring doctor ive ever seen she is also a horrible person. Rude. Stuck up. And thinks just because shes a dr she knows it ALL. Judges like shes god well id hate to be her when she meets god because he doesnt like the wicked and she is wicked. Wonder how many of her patients commit suicide! I will pay out of pocket $500 dollars before id ever go back to her. She accuses her patients of being drug addicts when theyve been on a medication that helps them function in life for years. Lady pick a new field because its clear ur not in it for the love of helping people your in it for money! If you ARENT a drug addict and want a doctor who cares and helps you do not go to her, you will regret it! When i left her office it took me an hour to calm down ive never in my life been so mistreated by anyone especially a doctor! This place needs closed down. Id give her ZERO stars but it doesnt go that low she doesnt even deserve ONE.

Rating Dr. Leyla Somen

Posted on March 28th, 2014

Out of all the times i saw her, she was the rudest and most uncaring dr i ever saw in my life. Ever time when i saw her and explained my symptoms, she said to me, what do you want me to do about it. When she gave me meds to take, i would tell her how bad they made me feel, and she would keep giving me different ones that would make me just as bad, then would swith me back and forth to the same meds that would still give me bad side affects. I finally told her i wasn't making back because my condition was getting worse and she told me that nothing was wrong with me and she didn't care how bad i was getting. She should be fired and charged with mental abuse of her patients.i would give her a rating of 0, but it doesn't go that low.

Leyla Somen...doctor???

Posted on March 15th, 2014

I went to Kreinbrook for two years for depression and anxiety issues as well as enter into the suboxone program after my 4 and a half daughter passed away from her vaccinations. The doctor for my first 2 issues was ok. I mean every appt i was in and out in 10 mins and just prescribed way too many meds i did not need, however showed concern and compassion over the loss of my baby. I developed a terrible drug habit after the loss of my baby and then entered the suboxone program there. I had Leyla Somen and had heard such terrible stories about her but i dont judge people until i have met them. Well, let me tell you they are ALL TRUE! The worst "doctor" ive ever encountered in my 40 yrs! To begin with she is NOT a licensed suboxone doctor! Has absolutely NO compassion, does not listen, is extremely rude and totally unprofessional! After i told her about my daughters death she proceeded to yell at me because my results from my urine were not in my folder. Honestly? Thats not my problem but the loopy girls behind the front desk! She made me feel the most uncomfortable piece of s*** ever! I left crying and do not believe that little fat woman has any emotions! There are good doctors out there! Unfortunatly they do not exist at Kreinbrook.