Dr. Leyla Somen MD Patient Reviews

1.7

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
BEWARE! This lady is a professional fraud!!!
I went to see Dr. Somen one time and she was very condescending and rude!!! She wrote my prescription wrong 3 times! Then she discharged me from her practice because me and the pharmacists at Rite- Aid called her on her mistake! This lady is down right terrible and she have her license stripped away! I spoke to multiple people about her and they all have terrible things to say about this lady!

December 27th, 2016
Debasing experience
I felt like a berated child. I've suffered depression on and off all my life and eventually it worsened so that I attempted suicide. Her off-handed, rude criticisms and blatant disregard for me as a human being could have sent me off the deep end once and for all.

February 9th, 2016
Very unprofessional and rude.
I do not even understand how someone so uncaring and rude can be in this field of work. She does not listen to a thing anyone says, prescribes medicine without first getting baseline testing done, increases medication without any testing. If you bring to her attention how your feel on the medication she will literally say" don't take it then", if you're a past drug user ( it has been 15 years ago for me ) she will never let you live it down. To top off things, the place is dirty all the time and they have a cat that roams around the place, I am allergic to cats! Go somewhere that actually cares!

January 29th, 2016
Nice Women. No very approachable and not easy to talk to

July 23rd, 2015
DONT GO HERE
Terrible women. Do not go here if you have an opiate problem. Any problem you have she will make worse on top of increasing your anxiety. She's old and has an undiagnosed dementia disorder. This is not me being rude or lying. This is the truth.

December 11th, 2014
This lady asked me what meds I wanted to be put on.

October 5th, 2014
Burned out Kreinbrook imbecile
I saw her once and retreated from Kreinbrook permanently as a result! I was thoroughly disgusted that any facility would even utilize such an incompetant, uncaring and idiotic doctor that I called after this one and only 2nd opinion appt. to complain. The desk staff apologized and offered another doctor of my choice. I was too disgusted with Somen being used as a doc by Kreinbrook to trust ANYone else they had. I also had to educate the staff about the ignorant fool they placed me with- Somen led a 5 minute argument with me as she foolishly stated over and over that Latuda is just an antidepressant!! It is NOT- it is an atypical antipsychotic USED for bipolar depression- HUGE chemical difference! Beyond that she lacks the interviewing and analytical skills to even begin to accurately diagnose anyone. This 2nd op lasted about 15 minutes and she did nothing but act as if diagnosing while saying my diagnosis was bipolar because I had reported it from a prior diagnosis in my records?! Ridiculous. I wish I had her on tape. In addition she stated I was currently manic and needed to increase lithium (which cannot! be increased changed without blood testing of your levels!!) I have since been reduagnosed and off lithium for months- because I have ADHD and depression. NOT bipolar and lithium did nothing to help me. Know that something is wrongif you are diagnosed as being manic for 6+ months!

August 23rd, 2014
Somen has a Stick. Up. Her. Hooha
I am a new mother and battling post partum depression. She asked me to sum up my problems in ONE SENTENCE. She was defensive when I asked if she could reassure me that the medication she was prescribing was safe. She scribbled down notes & accused me of being a pillhead or something! I came in seeking help for deep depression, did not want to be prescribed abilify again but she prescribed me some new medication that was jUST like it probably because she gets a kickback from the company if she doles out this garbage to us like were guinea pigs. She also had nothing but negative things to say and it was bright sunny she said "looks like it will storm". She then proceeds to accuse me of not wanting help!! What a crock. I suprisingly held my temper and was nothing but nice to her. I did passive aggressively make an appointment with her for next time at an early morning time and missed it on purpose NA NA NA NA NA, Somen. she probably wrote the only 2 good reviews on here but her score is still 1 star haha. She should be back in communist Russia where she belongs.

August 2nd, 2014
Horrible horrible person should not be a dr
Dr leyla somen is not only the most horrible uncaring doctor ive ever seen she is also a horrible person. Rude. Stuck up. And thinks just because shes a dr she knows it ALL. Judges like shes god well id hate to be her when she meets god because he doesnt like the wicked and she is wicked. Wonder how many of her patients commit suicide! I will pay out of pocket $500 dollars before id ever go back to her. She accuses her patients of being drug addicts when theyve been on a medication that helps them function in life for years. Lady pick a new field because its clear ur not in it for the love of helping people your in it for money! If you ARENT a drug addict and want a doctor who cares and helps you do not go to her, you will regret it! When i left her office it took me an hour to calm down ive never in my life been so mistreated by anyone especially a doctor! This place needs closed down. Id give her ZERO stars but it doesnt go that low she doesnt even deserve ONE.

March 28th, 2014
Rating Dr. Leyla Somen
Out of all the times i saw her, she was the rudest and most uncaring dr i ever saw in my life. Ever time when i saw her and explained my symptoms, she said to me, what do you want me to do about it. When she gave me meds to take, i would tell her how bad they made me feel, and she would keep giving me different ones that would make me just as bad, then would swith me back and forth to the same meds that would still give me bad side affects. I finally told her i wasn't making back because my condition was getting worse and she told me that nothing was wrong with me and she didn't care how bad i was getting. She should be fired and charged with mental abuse of her patients.i would give her a rating of 0, but it doesn't go that low.

March 15th, 2014
Leyla Somen...doctor???
I went to Kreinbrook for two years for depression and anxiety issues as well as enter into the suboxone program after my 4 and a half daughter passed away from her vaccinations. The doctor for my first 2 issues was ok. I mean every appt i was in and out in 10 mins and just prescribed way too many meds i did not need, however showed concern and compassion over the loss of my baby. I developed a terrible drug habit after the loss of my baby and then entered the suboxone program there. I had Leyla Somen and had heard such terrible stories about her but i dont judge people until i have met them. Well, let me tell you they are ALL TRUE! The worst "doctor" ive ever encountered in my 40 yrs! To begin with she is NOT a licensed suboxone doctor! Has absolutely NO compassion, does not listen, is extremely rude and totally unprofessional! After i told her about my daughters death she proceeded to yell at me because my results from my urine were not in my folder. Honestly? Thats not my problem but the loopy girls behind the front desk! She made me feel the most uncomfortable piece of s*** ever! I left crying and do not believe that little fat woman has any emotions! There are good doctors out there! Unfortunatly they do not exist at Kreinbrook.

December 16th, 2013
Worst Doctor I have ever seen
My wife had been seeing Dr. Somen for about a year and her condition got worse in that time. So, I decided to go with to an appointment. She listened to nothing that my wife nor I said. She got very angry when we questioned her diagnosis. She told my wife to tell her what kind of medicine she wants and she will give it to her. She then asked my wife to tell what she thinks is wrong with her and that she will treat her for whatever she wants. Her notes were very disorganized and she insisted that my wife talked to another doctor when she had not. Cats have the run of the place, Staff seemed really snobby and pretentious. I would not send my worst enemy to this "doctor". The fact that she can practice medicine disgusts me.