Dr. Li Voepel MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Sebastian, FL

2.5

February 21st, 2017
Don't waste you time
Long wait time in office, discussed treatment plan but went for the treatment she had other ideas which did not help. Wasted time and money on treatments that did not help. Had previous treatment with another doctor who no longer takes my insurance and explained what the former doctor had done and provided the medical notes from my previous doctor but she decided to do injections rather than the discussed treatment plan. I had great success with my previous treatment but none with Dr Voepel's treatment.

February 24th, 2016
She makes up test results that she does not do just to sell injections
Two years ago I went to her when she was at The Back Center. Now I am still a Back Center patient after requesting and getting a different doctor, and he is fabulous. She just wanted to keep doing risky injections that did not work. She makes up functional exam results just so that she can sell injections and when asked to redact her fictitious result she recorded she refused.

December 7th, 2015
My favorite doctor EVER :)
I have been a patient of Dr Voepel for about 5 years. She is an EXCELLENT doctor. She has helped me avoid back surgery and kept me working full time and given me my life back. She has performed dozens of procedures on my neck and lower back, as well as diagnosed and managed my condition. She does get very busy some days because there is a vast shortage of qualified pain management doctors in this area. She does NOT push long term opiate use which some patients take obvious offense to. But I wanted a real solution to my chronic pain issues and not just to eat pills all day to cover them up. Although, I did not have any issues getting medication from her when I needed them and my condition warranted them. She ordered all the necessary X-rays and MRIs and always took the time to explain what procedures I would need and why. I have complicating medical issues which she took into consideration when treating me. I wouldn't let ANYONE else give me injections in the spine! I trust her beyond measure. Some patients have mentioned that they felt she was short with them, but I feel like she is just VERY professional. She is obviously a very intelligent and talented physician. I didn't see her to socialize. I went for pain relief, which she was able to do for me when other doctors had not. She has given me my life back!

November 10th, 2015
Happy she is not at the back center anymore!!!!!
The other back center doctors are soooo much better than her. They listen and recommend appropriate pain management, and that makes it feel like they care. They get results! I love the other doctors for helping me out of the pain. She kept me on pain killers that did not work at all and would rather prescribe ambien or anti anxiety and antidepressants in lieu of good pain management. I cried for 2 visits (2 months) about the daily pain I was in and she did nothing but berate and ignore me. She refused to do anything to help me except to keep pushing injections into my spine. They never worked for me!! But she refused to do anything else for me except try to get me to do more and more injections. She even cut my prescription down in the middle of this just so I would ask for the injections. You want injections? NO. Fine then take this small amount of pain killers that are inappropriate for your pain level until you beg me for another round of injections into your spine. She spoke badly to and about patients and employees in front of everyone. All her nasty attitude could be forgiven if she was great at her job but she just doesn't seem to do anything for me. She made a lot of money pushing the injections but she sucks as a doctor and may have done more harm than good. She hasn't changed in all the years she has been practicing in Brevard. I was forced to see her due to my insurance. I have a new back center doctor now who simply upped my medication. Now I only take 1-2 pills a day. I am out of bed and doing mostly everything I want to everyday. That is all I take. I never needed the ambien, or lyrica, or Xanax. I suffered for months needlessly in pain and with the side effects (depression). Lily Voepel (not a doctor to me) had me living in bed and believing that I would be disabled because no treatment was working. One visit with another back center doctor and I was walking and moving THAT day. After eight months of torture and thinking I would be better off dead. All the new doctor did was up the medication to the next higher dose something she refused to look at. I know about pain addiction but I had just been in a car crash and I could get nothing stronger than the lightest pain medication because of all the fear of pain med addiction. But I'm glad I am no longer being punished because other people have addictions or are drug dealers. I am no longer in crippling pain!!! I'm so happy she left!!!!! I hope the back center makes more money than ever now that she is gone. She makes doctors look like money grubbing scum. I believe she only sees money on the table not real people in real pain. Don't settle for this! She may change locations and may learn to be nicer in order to drum up new business but a wolf does not change its nature.

July 14th, 2015
Stay Far Away From This NON-CARING Women!
I saw Dr. Voepel when she was with "The Back Center" she was completely rude! I practically had to stand in front of the door to get her to listen to a word I said she didn't even want to look at my MRI and was going off what she saw on a XRAY I have a severe back problem and should would have been aware of that had she taken the time to look at the MRI I feel she was more mad that I was actually educated on what was wrong with me and from over 10 years in Pain Management I know what has worked for me and what has not! She doesn't want to listen and when confronted she told me "She didn't need my money" I filed a complaint with Medicare for them to not pay for the visit and with "The Back Center" and was not surprised that many of patients have complained and they were working on getting her out of the facility! I am glad to see that she is no longer with the "Back Center" I may actually go back now but for those of you in Sebastian be for warned she doesn't care about you or your pain this women should be ran out on a rail! Completely uneducated.

February 25th, 2015
Retired Nurse
I have been a patient of Dr. Voepel for years. I love Dr. Voepel. You just have to get to know her. She will listen. All you have to do is ask her to just look and listen. Her staff is great.

August 5th, 2014
A PERSON IS BETTER OFF IN PAIN THEN GOING TO THIS DOCTOR.......
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. SHE IS VERY NASTY AND RUDE AND DOES NOT HELP YOU. I WENT 3 TIMES AND SHE MADE ME CRY ALL 3 TIMES.

April 7th, 2014
Don't bother going here!
Arrogant, uncaring, demeaning, narcissist and prejudice.

November 14th, 2012
Watch out
Dr. Voepel is a brusque and dismissive physician; her level of medical expertise is shrouded by her personality.On procedure days she moves patients through as fast as possible, anesthetizing them during procedures in which they should be conscious to provide feedback.Find anyone else.

May 20th, 2012
Find someone else
Very unprofessional to the point of scary. First visit I thought she was having a bad day because nobody acts that way all the time. I was wrong. She is very arrogant and abrubt. Spends very little time with you after a long wait. Seems like she is very busy with other things and cannot wait to get out of the room. If you want to feel like she cares or you want someone you feel you can trust, go elsewhere.

September 1st, 2011
excellent diagnosis
I was faced with possible back surgery but her diagnosing methods proved I did not have disc problem but a nerve issue that she was able to resolve. I continue to recommend her, great Dr.

June 3rd, 2011
over an hour wait
Does not take time to listen. Very abrupt.