Overall Review

3.4

December 12th, 2015
Just Love Dr Zhang she is the best been my daughter doctor for 6yrs now and now my newborns doctor

December 9th, 2015
Life saver
He saved my brothers life.

March 2nd, 2015
Speechless
There is only 1 word to say about this doctor : HORRIBLE

December 1st, 2014
STAY FAR AWAY , SHE IS A CROOK
This is by far the most horrible doctor I have met. When I was pregnant I was seeing my OB/GYN dr who advised me she had a contract with this Dr Zhang for patients to follow up with their babies so I said oh ok, knowing I would be taking her to the dr I had already chosen but on the day I delivered her this so called dr came in and started saying things so fast I could not understand anything except asking me what type of insurance coverage I had. I told her state horizon nj health and she advised me she could not take care of my daughter uless I called them 1st which I did from my room. I was advised by them that she was covered under me for the 1st 30 days to which I told this dr. So when I took her to the dr's ofc (which happened to be the same as my OB/GYN's ofc) I was asked for 110.00 by some man and was told because horizon nj would not pay I went on my cell and called them again and this time I put him on the line and he was told the baby was covered after the call I saw he dr and she said since horizon nj only paid her 26.00 a visit she would put and bill for 2 visits at which time I did not say anything but as soon as I left her ofc I called Horizon and told them about it and they said maybe I misunderstood her. This is why we as parents can not afford good health insurance for our families cause dr's do such shady and illegal things with insurance companies today that the consumer is left holding the bill. I will never, ever take my 1st baby back to her and I will also never return to my OB/GYN if this is who she deals with and how whe practices also.I agree that she needs to be turned into the state for committing fraud ,if enough of us parents call maybe they will finally do something. And just one more thing, Ms Melissa Ortiz you were in front of me that same day and you hugged this dr and made it seem as if you were chummy chummy with her so please tell the truth on here instead of lying. I witnessed your inter actions with her myself and its a shame you are involved in her schemes. maybe the state needs to look into your relationship with her also

February 24th, 2014
I have to say that Dr. Li Zhang is the best peditrician in Kearny. My daughter was born a preemie and had alot of resportory issues the first year of her life. I took her to a doctor in Kearny Ave and all they kept telling me was she had a virus. May I remind you this was going in the second week she was with fevers and wasnt eating. I was referred from a friend to see Dr. Zhang. she right away admitted my daughter to get analyzed and treated and she tested positive for RSV. Dr. Zhang would go to the hospital every day and would call me to see how she was doing. She is a great peditrician!!!!!!!!!!

October 15th, 2013
disgrace
I have to comment as i went back and read everyone's review of this doctor and it seems as though the ones with high ratings giving have either lashed out about the office girl named Gwen or have said this doctor calls certain patients her grand-babies or the patient refers to her as picacho , but being a parent I am looking for comments related directly to the dr's performance and medical smarts not someone to call my child her grand child. And to the person stating this so call Gwen is a racist well the only thing I perceived from that comment is that you were mad at her for some reason or another. This site is mainly for parents/patients to look at a certain doctor and not to take sides as to who is right and who is wrong. And yes, I did schedule appointment for my child and i will say I will never be taking her back there again. As far as the office and office staff goes I will say the girls really had no clue as to what they were doing but more so the doctor looked and sounded as if she really had no idea of what she was doing either. I have already made a formal complaint with the medical board but remember , this is to rate the doctor not the staff and not to call anyone names such as a racist.

February 16th, 2013
changed dr's
there is really nothing that i can say that i likes about the doctor nor the office staff. the doctor was rushing and really not paying attention to my concerns and this was the 5th time i brought my son to her for the same reason. Her office staff girls are nothing like the other one she had who always had a smile on her face and tried her best to deal with patients but to me i would not go back to her as i did find another doctor and for those of you parents who allowed and continue to allow her to abuse your insurance companies that is the reason why so many of us can not afford private coverage. stay clear from this doctor , and the schools she went to are ones i have never heard about so do your research when it comes to your childs doctor.

October 5th, 2012
Unbelievable !
I am a parent who of course wants the best for my child, so on the advise of a aquiantance i brought my child to see this doctor and I can and will say that i will never bring my child to this dr ever again. She had no clue in what i was trying to explain to her and my son had a fever of 102.7 but she told me he was fine and insisted on him getting a shot. at that moment i told her i did not feel at ease with giving him the shot, since i am on State insurance (united health) she told me she would give it to him the next visit, which i already decided was not going to happen, she therefore charged my insurance for breathing treatment, medicine and the shot ! i could not believe it when i called the insurance company to change the name of his primary i was informed this was what she charged, i assured them it did not happen. I will never advise anyone to bring children here or will we be returning.

August 22nd, 2012
Find another doctor !
I am a parent of 3 children who took my children to visit this dr when they were sick and it went from a bad dirty smelly office to a money only office. the old office used to be really dirty with cobwebs all over then she moved to belleville turnpike where it was all about the money there. If you had state insurance she was the best and you got the best but if you had no coverage everything was a fee. Dr Zhang did a 360degree turn on alot of her old patients. She did bill my insurance for alot of visits that my children were never there for but i allowed it to continue as if i needed her she was there but then i lost the state help aid and she chaged me 110.00 for the visits even if gwen was not there. she was extra nice to the asians patients and you can tell when she was being sneaky she was doing something for them she wouldn't do for you. I had enough of waiting for over 1 hour with no parking for my kids to be seen and started seeing another dr who is fantastic. I am not sure why gwen left or was let go but the entire practice went down the tubes when she left. I never saw her as a redneck racial person either. but she was not the dr and had alot on her plate. i think we are missing the point here in that this site is too rate the dr not the staff

July 2nd, 2012
dr in it for money only !
I was bring my 2 children to see Dr Zhang for several years and i must comment on the office staff Gwen. I think things in her office got alot better when Gwen came along, and i know for a fact it was the dr who instilled the 1 dollar per page copy as i was there when Gwen asked her and she told her to charge the patients. I saw alot of changes made with the dr over the years and it was always about the money but she got worse. I also know alot of patients who allow her to double bill insurance companies as she takes care of them on the side, so its all about the money. she had her fee up to 140 for new pts without ins until gwen called other drs and found out they were cheaper. this is a site for drs not office staff so lets keep it about that.

April 5th, 2012
Not recommended.......
- No time for patient- don;t hear from patient, talks lot- waiting time to much- looks like works for money.

April 5th, 2012
She cares
She knows what's she's doing, and she's very caring with children. My son loves going to see Dr. Pikachu!