Dr. Lidia Brown MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 29th, 2013
Too Hurried!
We met Dr Brown in the ER at El Camino. When she reported back to us her findings that our Mother had had a stroke...she was EXTREMELY difficult to understand! She spoke so quickly and with her harsh accent (I believed to possibly be Russian) I had to ask her several times to repeat what she had just said. In addition, she was unable to "dummy down" to our family and speak in lay person terms. Instead she used medical terminology which is definitely not the way a Dr should be communicating with a family with no medical training. Further, I had lots of questions about my Mother and she called me quickly and left a vague message. I have continued to tried to reach her and she never has called back again. We are finding a new neurologist as well as getting a 2nd opinion from the Stanford Stroke Center. I highly disliked how rushed she was. It made me feel like I had to quickly ask my questions. She flipped her hair nervously and literally was running through the hospital. Without a doubt this is not the kind of medical treatment we want for our loving Mother who deserves the very best!

August 15th, 2013
Green as Grass
The most memorable thing about this doctor is her lovely French accent. However, sometimes when she gets too hurried it can make it difficult to understand her. She seems rather inexperienced and was not aware of certain medications for my condition, which raised some red flags. She also did not fully understand the difference between a drug being injectable or intravenous--a big red flag. However, she does spend a lot of time at the local hospital and does try hard to help her patients. She does seem conflicted between family time and her practice, and she works only four afternoons per week. I really think that in ten years she will be a great doctor, but with the seriousness of my condition, I need someone a little more experienced.

May 15th, 2017