Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Knee-redo show details Knee-redo
by P.Stallings on Aug 17th, 2015

It was just his turn at me for a payday. He replaced the top part of the knee for around 9000$ out of my pocket and that was with insurance. He had told me that they were in network. But didn't tell me that the Hosp. wasn't. Since I had the MRI already he said that if I waited it would have to be done again. I really think that I got the wrong Knee in the first place from the Doc. that initially done the replacement. I am still in pain and paid all that for nothing. 2 sets of Chicken fat shots-Prince- 2 scopes 1st was Prince-2nd was Maybauer, the replacement-Patel, then he replaced the Plastic piece for more cushion (what I call the meniscus) Still swelling and more pain. 5 times total in this knee. Doc. Kaplan was my last hope. Didn't happen! Please everyone do your homework and don't leave out all the added expenses. I am still in the place where I started. Have to give a rating of a star but no rating wasn't a choice.

by James Ace on Jul 16th, 2015

Excellent hip surgery. Have had zero problems since Dr. Kaplan performed hip surgery three years ago. Wonderful persona with patients.

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Kaplan exudes an air of professional confidence. He seems to get to the nub of the problem quickly and has a solution to fit the case. He made me feel I was in excellent hands, and indeed, I was. My surgery went well and he was very concerned with my recovery. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Jun 15th, 2012

I agree with other review. He is way too young to know all the answers and doesn't even give a patient answers to their questions. He has a one track presentation-replacement. No options discussed and then had the gall to say he "spent all this time with me" to make sure I understood. All I learned is that I need to contact other professionals.

personable show details personable
Mar 31st, 2012

Very kind, professional, personable, caring and completely comitted to his profession. I consider him my doctor and also my friend. He replaced my hip.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Jan 28th, 2012

Recently saw Dr. Kaplan for hip pain. He was extremely attentive and managed my pain well. Totally recommend him!

I would never go back!!! show details I would never go back!!!
Jan 25th, 2012

I found Dr. Kaplan to be a very opinionated,rude, and self impressed. Dr. Kaplan limits himself to other options available and jumps into knee replacement and states that that is the only solution, when I discovered that that is not correct and it should be the last and very last option. I could list many other things that happened, but the list goes on!!! Patient beware!

May 29th, 2011

Dr. Kaplan was professional, knowledgable and caring at all times from the time pre-op to the various meetings post-op.

by R. carlice-DeLoof on Mar 24th, 2011

Dr Kaplan was highly recommended to replace my knee but after consultation and review of my MRI, he referred me to another doctor. His colleague, Dr Les would recommend and perform a less invasive repair to the place where she would remove the benign tumor.

by Tom Sacharski, West Bloomfield on Sep 20th, 2010

Dr. Kaplan quickly diagnosed my hip deterioration and told me my options. I opted for replacement and the whole experience was excellent. I was out of the hospital in two days, off my walker in about two weeks, and the cane was gone a week after that. I have no residual hip pain whatsoever. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kaplan!

by J Brant on Jul 5th, 2010

Dr. Kaplan is not only a dedicated and highly skilled surgeon, he's an artist. He was willing to perform a surgery that many other orthopedists said was too difficult and didn't want to take on. My results were excellent, beyond my expectations.

Mar 20th, 2010

Professional, excellent bedside manner and thorough exam performed. Great experience with Dr. Kaplan. Will refer to any friends or family members in need of an ortho phycician.

Mrs. Lois Clark show details Mrs. Lois Clark
by Lois Clark on Oct 22nd, 2009

First time without pain for many years. Wish I had had my first knee replacement with Dr. Kaplan instead of the pain I went through for 2 years before having it replaced again this time with him. Very caring doctor.