Dr. Lige Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery Royal Oak, MI

November 2nd, 2016
Told me i was overweight and he couldnt do anything for my knee pain. Took an xray but never even examined me. Never recommended any treatments, alternative suggestions. Very dissmissive , no bedside care. I feel if you dont fit into his neat little box he has no time or compassion for you. I left his office in pain and in tears.

October 24th, 2016
No Pain, No Problems, Knees are great
Can't thank Dr. Kap and staff enought for the great work on both my Knees. The entire process went flawlessly. No pain and I am able to function normally again.

October 18th, 2016
TKR. February & April 2015
Dr. Kaplan did both my knees with awesome results. I could barely walk when I first came to see him from severe arthritis. He always made me feel comfortable and at ease. I had complete confidence in his ability. I am one of his younger patients and now I have many years of happy days ahead of me due to my wonderful new knees. I find myself dancing often, because I can. I would highly rrcommend Dr. Kaplan to others. The surgeon has the talent but the patient has to be the one to work hard to recover.

April 13th, 2016
young and excellent

August 17th, 2015
Knee-redo
It was just his turn at me for a payday. He replaced the top part of the knee for around 9000$ out of my pocket and that was with insurance. He had told me that they were in network. But didn't tell me that the Hosp. wasn't. Since I had the MRI already he said that if I waited it would have to be done again. I really think that I got the wrong Knee in the first place from the Doc. that initially done the replacement. I am still in pain and paid all that for nothing. 2 sets of Chicken fat shots-Prince- 2 scopes 1st was Prince-2nd was Maybauer, the replacement-Patel, then he replaced the Plastic piece for more cushion (what I call the meniscus) Still swelling and more pain. 5 times total in this knee. Doc. Kaplan was my last hope. Didn't happen! Please everyone do your homework and don't leave out all the added expenses. I am still in the place where I started. Have to give a rating of a star but no rating wasn't a choice.

July 16th, 2015
Excellent hip surgery. Have had zero problems since Dr. Kaplan performed hip surgery three years ago. Wonderful persona with patients.

August 20th, 2012
Dr. Kaplan exudes an air of professional confidence. He seems to get to the nub of the problem quickly and has a solution to fit the case. He made me feel I was in excellent hands, and indeed, I was. My surgery went well and he was very concerned with my recovery. I would recommend him without hesitation.

June 15th, 2012
I agree with other review. He is way too young to know all the answers and doesn't even give a patient answers to their questions. He has a one track presentation-replacement. No options discussed and then had the gall to say he "spent all this time with me" to make sure I understood. All I learned is that I need to contact other professionals.

March 31st, 2012
personable
Very kind, professional, personable, caring and completely comitted to his profession. I consider him my doctor and also my friend. He replaced my hip.

January 28th, 2012
Great Experience
Recently saw Dr. Kaplan for hip pain. He was extremely attentive and managed my pain well. Totally recommend him!

January 25th, 2012
I would never go back!!!
I found Dr. Kaplan to be a very opinionated,rude, and self impressed. Dr. Kaplan limits himself to other options available and jumps into knee replacement and states that that is the only solution, when I discovered that that is not correct and it should be the last and very last option. I could list many other things that happened, but the list goes on!!! Patient beware!

May 29th, 2011
Dr. Kaplan was professional, knowledgable and caring at all times from the time pre-op to the various meetings post-op.