Dr. Lila Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

January 27th, 2015
Love love love Dr. Schmidt and her staff. They made me feel comfortable, didn't waste any of my time and I really appreciate that.

July 19th, 2012
This Doctor is personal and very caring.
I have been going to Dr. Schmidt for almost three years and she is always on top of whatever my body is going through. She keeps her practice small so you only see her and not a nurse practitioner or who ever is on call. She takes time with her patients and follows up. She cares very much for her patients and the office is very relaxed and makes you feel like you are talking to a friend. Bringing up concerns to her is easy and she listens to your questions. She has a great welcome letter to make sure patients understand where she's coming from and that her practice style is not sterile and 'assembly lineish' but personal. She talks fast and she knows it. Just ask her for clarification. I have had many issues and she has always been there every step of the way. I had surgery just over three months ago and I trust her very much.

July 3rd, 2012
GREAT DR
My experience with Dr Schmidt was great; she has this cozy, small office that makes you feel comfortable. She very caring and considerate; will explain everything to you in detail, and there is no stupid questions with her. She is funny and cool. She will take a good care of you and will know you personally and the important people in your life. I will recommend her with no hesitation.

June 28th, 2012
I've been a patient of Doctor Smith for 1 year. She's great and so is her staff. I couldn't be happier.

Dr. Lila Schmidt Goes Above and Beyond in Excellence- She saved my day
The office is quaint (tiffany lamps) and modern ( high techy ultrasound that looks like a lap top). The office sees patients every 30 - 60 minutes but if you have an emergency ( i.e. bleeding in the first trimester of pregnancy), they will tell you to just come right in and they get you right in. It's a relaxed atmosphere wher the staff is genuinely happy to be there. You can have Dr. Schmidt's cell in case you need it. Once the lb made an error that was for a time sensitive blood draw. Dr. Schmidt drove from her office in Hillcrest to re-draw the blood ( wasn't allowed to leave work in Chula Vista) to Chula Vista, drew the blood herself and then Dr Schmidt drove the sample to the lab. She called ahead to the lab so the courier would wait ( it was 5 min to 5 and they closed at 5pm). The blood got in just under the wire and the cycle was saved and goal achieved, got a baby girl.

The Best I Ever Had in Ob/Gyn Doctors
Dr. Schmidt is far and above all the other Ob;Gyn doctors I have ever had. She not only did my Gyne care ( paps etc) for years but then when I had trouble getting pregnant she helped me out with some low cost/low tech stuff. Then when I was pregnant and bleeding in the first trimester,she took me right in and took care of my baby who is alive and well. I am now back to Dr Schmidt for those yearly gyne exams. Dr. Schmidt visits with me the entire exam so I don't even realize that me exam is being done and befor I know it, she is finished and I am on my way. She returns phone calls on the spot and has always let me know my questions are not dumb and she really cares about me and where I am at in life

June 19th, 2012
Dr Schmidt is awesome, heads above the other doctors I have seen
DrSchmidt was the first doctor that read all of the paperwork/my history that I filled out for the appointment. She addressed any box that I didn't mark as ok rather than only discuss the problem I called in with. It is obvious she loves being a doctor. She does talk fast b/c she is trying to give you so much info. She lets you stay as long as you need, in fact tells you " You can't leave until all of your questions are answered". If you need more time to think of the questions,I know I can't think with a doctor looking at me so she just keeps coming back to you to make sure you get everything covered. If you want an assembly line, cold, formal doc/ office, then go to another b/c this office is happy, not just the formal professional nice. They really are happy to be there and it made my time there so less stressful. In fack I sent my daughter there and she was happy with the care, availability and competence of the office and doctor.

June 4th, 2011
Amazing experience!
Committed to her patients. I have never had a doctor who would call me on a Saturday afternoon with blood results or go to her office on a Saturday for a fertility treatment. I can't imagine using any other doctor for my fertility needs. I am a teacher and she is always able to fit me in after my kids leave so I'm not missing work.

April 6th, 2010
Not impressed - at all
I was misdiagnosed by this physician and wound up needing emergency care.