Dr. Lillian Decosimo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 6th, 2016
Bedside manner needs much improvement

December 3rd, 2015
Good Dr. she is caring and gentle. I never waited more tha 15 minutes.

February 26th, 2015
Best Doctor I've had!

August 29th, 2013
Would Recommend
I've been seeing Dr. Decosimo for about six years and have been very happy. Scheduling an appointment is a little difficult, but that is to be expected when her office hours are only a few times a week. Even with that, I chose to stay with her during her office moves. She has always made me feel comfortable and provided results in a timely manner. The one issue I ever had was corrected by a personal phone call and an apology.

February 23rd, 2013
This woman has cost me 9 months of pain and further doctor bills. She didn't have time to listen to my symptoms , run blood work , or examine me. She changed my medication and pushed me out the door. The reply to my questions and complaints was to make an appointment, that she didn't really have time for, and didn't believe me anyway. The other doctors and pharmacists have been amazed. It should have been simple. How does she still have a license ?

November 9th, 2012
DO NOT GO HERE
She is rude, materialistic, and a money hungry ...you know what. The wait is long and you never get your results back without having to inquire about them some time later. I had cysts on my ovaries in which she refused to remove and then when they burst told me I shouldn't be in that much pain....basically suck it up.. I went to the hospital even though she told me that I didn't need to and realized it was a HUGE deal and was put on pain medicine right away and scans were run to make sure there was no permanent damage to my ovaries since I'm only 23 and would like to have children in the near future. They were shocked when I told them what I had been through and told me to find a new OBGYN ASAP that Dr. DeCosimo was unprofessional and reckless in the way she had acted and I'm lucky it wasn't a more serious outcome. RUN FOR THE HILLS!

July 19th, 2012
Unprofessional, Rude & Insane Fees
I was a patient of Dr. Decosimo's for almost 4 years. I missed one appointment due to a sickness and got stuck with a $100 bill. I expected a bill, but $100?? Every other office I know gives a warning the first time, or maybe $50, which is understandable. But, I was the first appointment of the day so there was no reason to call because they wouldn't be able to fill the slot anyway...not to mention I was so sick I couldn't call. When I received the outrageous bill, I called them 2 times, left voicemails, and it took 48 hours for them to return my call and the response I got wasn't kind. So I sent an email to resolve the bill and the email I received from Dr. Decosimo herself was rude, condescending and unprofessional. I was even commuting 45 minutes to her office after I moved to a different area, which she knew...I was a loyal patient, referred people, was always on time, & never missed an appointment until now. Funny thing is, she makes her patients wait for 30 minutes and had the nerve to email and say it was "inconsiderate" of me and that she values her time & patients that respect that. So she's not wasting our time when we're sitting in the room waiting on her in a paper robe? To be penalized for my first offense simply isn't fair and it's ridiculous. Funny thing is, my missed appointment probably made it possible for her to be on time to her other appointments for once. She lost a patient and after seeing these other reviews, I'm sure she will lose many more.

June 22nd, 2012
HORRIBLE GYNO...and office staff...made me fill out forms for 3 hours on their new tablet system...asked me if I had any problems I'd like to address during the visit on the forms and didnt even mention it until I asked. Also her office staff made copies of my new insurance and id twice...but didn't enter it in their system for some reason so I got a bill from the laboratory, it took 2 weeks to solve that issue. She keeps prescribing me birth control pills although I had concerns with them, she dismisses the concern and gives me 3 months samples for free and writes me a 12 month presecription. I will NEVER go to her

October 5th, 2011
awful
Dr. Decosimo was my OBGYN for almost 13 years before I gave up on her. When I first met her at age 16, she was wonderful - at that time she didnt have the clientele she has now nor was she money hungry. She took time and was genuinely caring.Fast forward to 2010 - the last time I visited her - she smacked me with a 250 dollar bill for BLOODWORK and had such an awful attitude. She's in and out in 20 seconds and creases her forehead if you have any questions. My suggestion : keep looking.

July 30th, 2011
Bad OBGYN
This lady just plain sucked. I had to wait for 1 1/2 hours to be seen when my appointment was at 10:30. She schleped into the office at 10:30. The blood drawing was another ordeal. The nurses couldn't get the needle in my vein and then she walked by and garbed the needle out of the nurses hand and ran it threw my arm. I think a monkey could have done better then her. She spent no time with me and was running around like a chicken with its head cut off from patient to patient. I won't go back and my insurance company should not let people go to her.

May 26th, 2011
Wonderful Dr!
I thought Dr. Decosimo was great, and was very surprised to see the other negative reviews. YES, YOU HAVE TO WAIT but that is normal!! I've never been to any doctor that sees you the minute you walk in the door. I waited about 15 minutes in the waiting room. The nurse was so caring and nice. Dr. Decosimo had a great bedside manner, and I would feel very comfortable telling her anything, which I think is important. She let me know my results promptly, and even gives patients the option to email her, which I did, and she returns them within the hour. I dont know many doctors that do that. Overall good experience. Would definitely recommend.

May 16th, 2011
AWFUL
Quite possibly the worst doctor I have ever been to. She is never on time, she's always rushing around, doesn't seem to care about you or about your health. She sent me a letter in the mail telling me I had an abnormal pap, which I thought was unprofessional. She never discussed the results and then when I went in for a follow up she didn't know why I was there. They never called me with my test results after my abnormal pap. I had to call them for weeks. I tried to get my medical records sent to me and her staff was rude and wouldn't send them. So now I have to go in and request them face to face. Office hours are awful.