Dr. Lillian Saavedra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 12th, 2016
Great doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Saavedra since 2006 and I can say I don't know where I'd be without her help. She's amazing

June 2nd, 2016
She is a great doctor, very intelligent and intuitive. She will tell you the truth, and if you don't like how she tells you, then that is part of your problem.

December 4th, 2015
Awesome
Awesome Physician, brilliant woman, extremely intuitive, very knowledgeable

October 7th, 2015
Empathetic, supportive care
Dr. Saavedra has been very kind and thorough. I get the time I need and trust that she has my best interest in mind. She challenges me to strive for great things yet has the empathy to sympathize when things aren't so great. One complaint, the wait times can be long. But I bring work or a book with me. I remember that the extra time she has spent with me on occasion when I really needed it is the same reason she's running behind with another patient. Frankly, you can't schedule crazy. ;-)

October 6th, 2015
Made me feel worse every single time.
Quick synopsis: 1) No "bedside manner". Can be insulting and dismissive. Sometimes that's ok, but I always left crying. 2) Does not research the newer drugs she prescribes and possible (if minutely possible) side effects. 3) Excessive wait times (usually at least an hour) for very little time spent with the doctor. 4) Staff is fine. It's not their fault this woman is awful. I went to Dr. Saavedra for five years on and off. She seemed to use me as a test subject for new antidepressants that the pharma reps had talked up. Besides her insistence on calling me a nickname that no one has ever called me, she dismissed my concerns with the final drug she prescribed, which is advertised as having no weight gain or sexual side effects. When nearing the recommended dose (you have to ramp up to it), I blew up like a big bloated balloon. I'm a small person, so it was shocking to not be able to fit in any of my clothes within a few short weeks. Saavedra dismissed my concerns, telling me I must be eating too much, that I need to pull myself together, that I've really let myself go. Those are quotes. She absolutely would not consider that the drug was the cause, not my behavior. A quick internet search with my fantastic therapist revealed that a very small percentage of people on this medication experience sudden and severe weight gain. A quick internet search that Saavedra didn't take a few minutes to do before she berated me for letting myself go then dismissed me from her office after a ten minute session. It scares me a bit that she seems to put more credence in a pharma rep's sales speech that her own patient's real experiences. She also has zero respect for her patients' time or money. Will never go back.

June 9th, 2015
Don't bother to waste your time
Really did not get anything from this doctor..found her to be aloof..clueless..and really not a caring person at all..It scares me as a clinical social worker to have her messing with anyone's head.,

April 17th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Saavedra is fantastic. She cuts to the chase and there is no nonsense. Our daughter was so over medicated it was pathetic. She got her on the right track and probably saved her life. She came to this country from Russia and had to go through residency again. She did that at the University of Florida, so she is no slacker.

July 7th, 2014
Do not trust this doctor!
This doctor is rude and abusive; she is extremely unethical. She refuses to explain anything about medications she demands you take. If you ask a question, she tells you that she is the doctor, not you, that you don't need to know and wouldn't understand because you are stupid. At my new psychiatrist's recommendation, I did some checking on her; my current psychiatrist is too ethical to openly slam a colleague, but let me know that my feelings were justified, and a patient should never have a doctor rage at and insult them for asking questions. Saavedra has a reputation amongst her peers (a bad one), and if you check into her medical school, it is the former Soviet Union equivalent of University of Phoenix or ITT Tech. How she managed to get licensed in the US is beyond me. Saavedra is always late, and literally picks fights — multiple times in her office, I had to ask her to please stop yelling at me. I would warn you to just go see someone else. She refused to discuss a medicine change she wanted me to make, and demanded I take, without question, a dangerous drug. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. She is like a cult leader; anyone who doesn't do just as she wants and treat her like the second coming of Christ she ruthlessly abuses, hoping they will fall in line. No human being should be treated the way she treats people.

October 9th, 2013
I have been seeing Dr Saavedra since 2006. I was deeply depressed, had anxiety and wouldn't leave my house. Dr Saavedra saved my life (literally). She is a great doctor and I just mentally repair myself for the wait time, she is worth the wait.

May 8th, 2013
Intuitive
Very Professional, while there wasalways a wait to see her and her appointments tended to get backed up, that was because she gave her undivided attention to the patient she was seeing to apply her very knowledgable and impeccably credible skills to diagnose the patients issues and come up with a viable locution to improve there life through medication and therapy. She can be a bit of a know it all but that's because she IS a know it all when it comes to her field, her office Is packed with knowledge and books which she has undoubtedly read lol of related to psychiatry. I found her outstanding and would entrust her judgement anyday.

March 11th, 2013
Dr Saavedra Is the Worst I've Ever Seen
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Saavedra to anyone. She is incredibly rude to her patients. She does not have any ounce of sensitivity nor compassion for the difficulties in peoples lives. When I was seeing her, I would dread going. She kept me on a medication that did not help whatsoever. When I would try to tell her about what I was struggling with she would simply tell me I was being immature, selfish, and essentially how stupid it was. As a 15 year old struggling with a severe eating disorder, I did not care about my GI tract, but she would not stop talking about how I was ruining it. She did nothing that was beneficial to me at all. The only thing she ever did that I liked was get me out of going to the psych ward, which really would have been helpful.

October 13th, 2012
Fantastic woman
After reading through all these rude comments, I felt it necessary to pitch in one of my own. I've been with Dr. Saavedra since I was 16, now I'm 18 and can't explain to you what a wonderful lady she is. If you can't deal with the truth, go to a high school counselor to hold your hand. To me this woman is the epitome of sophistication, and knows how to deal with your problems instantly. She's old, so what? Age brings wisdom. Have a problem with the waiting times? Bring a book, or schedule your appointments before 12 where the waiting time is less than 40 minutes. Honestly, I feel more secure knowing that the doctor I'm with is willing to take up to 2 hours with a patient rather than dismissing them as soon as 45 minutes. Go through the wait, it's worthwhile .