Dr. Lillian White MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 16th, 2016
Staff
The 2 medical assistants that work there are great and very caring and helpful but the DAUGHTER AND MOTHER that work there are terrible and have the worse attitude i've ever experienced at multiple Dr. visits. Overall nice Dr. office but could be so much better without those other two!

May 7th, 2015
Dr. White is a fantastic family doctor. She is so kind, spends time with you, her staff is professional and she is available any time you need her.

March 5th, 2015
Dr. White provides caring and professional medical care. She is the best.

February 24th, 2015
My Advice - Look Elsewhere
I read a review stating as much before seeing Dr. White. But, she only cares about 2 things - YOUR money and HER liability. This was being managed by my prior doc. I was looking for a new physician due to a move. 1st Appt - Chronic Pain 1.Spent adequate time, seemed very adept, gave referral to specialist, left exam room feeling positive 2.She forgot to write both prescriptions, We had discussed these thoroughly as well as dosage and alternative meds. I had a history for both meds with prior doc. 3. Brought this up to receptionist - it took 3 times of me communicating the same thing before finally getting scripts with the receptionist becoming increasingly "unimpressed" with what she assumed was my misunderstanding. One of the meds was the wrong medication and half of the effective dose as discussed. I mention this and I'm told she won't up the dosage until I see the specialist and get a diagnosis - which I did. I really didn't feel like continuing the experience. Strike 1 Post Appt - 1. The specialist was the worst physician I've ever been to in my life. She only referred me to him because it was the biggest practice near her. She had no idea to whom she was sending me. His review is the only negative doc review I had left prior to this. The specialist writes me a script for the right med. But, it was half the dose and a third of the quantity I HAD A HISTORY of being prescribed. I'm warned this is a one time only and don't ask again. I manage to get a physical therapy referral and an official diagnosis out of it. The physician's performance isn't on her - But, I seriously don't appreciate a blind referral. I can google things myself and pick a random doctor from the largest practice in town. Strike 2 Follow-up - 1. I call the receptionist to relay the information and set up an appt knowing I'm going to be in serious pain if I run out before I can see the next doc and the physical therapy is increasing pain. Receptionist miscommunicates info to Dr White AGAIN and then Dr. White avoids my request for an appt and refers me to a pain mgmt doctor - yet another gigantic group practice. 2. I set up an appt with a pain mgmt doc that's a few days away and run out of medication the same day. 3. I call back to update the receptionist and request an appointment or refill, explaining that I can't do therapy or really do anything but stay flat on my back without something to manage my pain for the next few days. 4. I'm told she can't refill anything because she already wrote me a (inadequate) 1 month script before and another inadequate script from the specialist. I pointed out that I mentioned this before and was told she wouldn't increase until I saw a specialist and got an diagnosis. 5.Then I'm told that they can't keep prescribing this because my insurance will question it. I point out that I HAVE A HISTORY of this medication at the requested dose. 6.Then I'm told that they have to follow State of Texas guidelines which I find funny. My last doc - the exact SAME type of doc- was apparently not under the impression that prescribing the WORKING dosage of this medication was a violation. These are controlled meds - But, I've only ever taken them as described. 7. At this point the creeping suspicions I've had about her general apathy are confirmed and I'm not happy. I explain that I'm going to find a new physician because this has left me with the impression that patient care is a tertiary concern for Dr. White. I was calm when expressing this. I was met with more unpleasantry. Strike 3 I understand that there are drug seekers out there. But, when you've got a patient willing to go through all the steps to deal with the pain in a non-narcotic way that HAS A HISTORY of being prescribed EXACTLY what is being asked, and a physician will not listen to their concerns and COULDN'T CARE LESS that their descision is confining you to being non-functional for days in spite of warnings and cooperation, the only conclusion I can come to is complete apathy. Why would I continue to see a doctor that I know could care less about my wellbeing and ability to function on a day-to-day basis? Isn't that the whole point of me going to see a doctor?

November 26th, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. White and her staff. I've been going to the clinic for over ten years. I feel fortunate to have such a great team on my side.

October 24th, 2012
Nice Doctor But Terrible Staff
Dr White was nice enough but her staff is enough to make me want to never step foot in that office again. They did a terrible job in taking my blood and my arm was severely bruised afterwards. A few months following my only visit, I needed information from the office and attempted to contact for over a week with no response. As a result, my short term disability claim was denied due to their lack of response. Extremely unprofessional with a complete disregard for customer service.

April 1st, 2012
Dr. White is a good Docter, but the staff is terrible! When they called me back (which took days) after I had some test run, they acted as if I were an ememy at war, instead of a patient. They didn't even ask me if I wanted a follow-up appointment with the doctor to discuss the hernia I was diagnosed with.I don't understand how a Dr's office can stay in business with this type of service and lack of follow-through.

March 12th, 2012
Highly Recommend
I have been seeing Dr White for years. I highly recommend her as a physician. I do not attribute the 3 stars instead of 4 on getting appointment as a bad thing,She's a good Dr and sought after much so nowadays, you have to call in a littler eary if you want to get in to see her,but she's not so busy that its months down that line, it may be a couple of days. Bed side manner is great and to think with all the people she see's she can still remember something personal about you. Kudo's

November 15th, 2011
The best doctor !
Love the staff and Dr.white

May 17th, 2011
Great doctor; terrible staff
Dr. White is an excellent doctor, but dealing with her staff is a chore. The receptionist and office manager are both very unorganized and rude. When calling about a billing question the office manager/billing specialist talks to patients as if she works for a collections agency. She doesn't take the time to explain the bills to you, but would rather "mail you a copy" as if that is the issue. The receptionist has no concern for patient privacy as I can often sit in the waiting room and hear the personal information of patients called out over the phone to insurance companies. This is the perfect environment for an identity thief to get the names, ssi numbers, and birth dates of many of Dr. White's patients. I tried to notify the receptionist of this fact and stated that I did not want my information disclosed in that manner and I was met with opposition. Too bad such a great doctor cannot find quaity staff that is up to par.

March 30th, 2011
Dr. White is truly a doctor that is in the medical field for the money. She will not help you without a dr. visit. Even if you only need a letter or have a simple question. She does not call you back timely and when she does, she has an attitude. Her nurse exhibits the same mannerism.

December 29th, 2010
A doctor that truly cares
Dr. White is a very knowledgable and understanding doctor. She takes time to explain things to me in great detail without making me feel like and idiot (using excessive medical jargon). She is always in a cheerful mood and makes me feel valued as a patient. Her staff is very friendly. I am glad that I found her, she is truly a gem among doctors today!