Obstetrician & Gynecologist

101 the City Dr S
Suite 410
Orange, CA 92868
714-456-2911
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

I have read most reviews about Dr. Boyd and I am not one to say you ladies who gave a poor reviews are wrong, because we all have different expectations, but I have been beyond pleased with her and her staff. She is currently my OB for my first pregnancy and to my blessing I am expecting twins. The babies are going through some complications and when it was discovered her and her staff called me within a day of my ultrasound to advise and I was seen by a specialist later that day. I know many complain about the wait, but honestly I have never been to a Dr's office where wait time is not an issue, sometimes we need to be a little flexible. I don't mind if she is called out due to an emergency delivery while Im waiting to be seen because if I were to be the one waiting for her to attend my delivery I would also expect her to drop everything and attend my delivery. I don't believe anyone should eliminate her because of a long wait time; she is very knowledgable, has lots of experience, gives her patients the time and attention needed. One of the most personable doctors I have ever been to.

|  show details
by Marilyn Sampica on Oct 16th, 2010

Dr.Boyd is one of the most caring and competent physicians I have ever had. She genuinely cares about her patients. When she had to tell me I had cancer, Dr. Boyd put her arms around me and explained all the options and what thought was best for me. Her staff was always available to help me and Dr. Boyd would personaly call me at home with test results. Her surgical skill removed all the cancerous material. She saved my life. A couple of times I had to wait because she had emergencies, but she gave my appointment her full attention did'n rush me. She saved my life abd I will always be grateful to her. She is exceptional!!!

|  Overbooked MD and Undertrained office staff.  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2010

Despite intentionally booking the first appt of the day, it still took nearly 2 hours to be seen by the MD and that was only b/c I was in the process of requesting my copay back when the MD overheard me and came over. the office staff was "waiting to confirm benefits" which takes about 1 min on the internet or 3-5 min on the phone. MD saw 5 pts before me despite me having the first appt time; apparently she often overbooks her slots.

|  Just okay  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

Overall, she's not a bad doctor; she's nice but she's not someone I'd recommend. I get that she's busy. However, how she runs her office really needs an upgrade. It is so difficult to speak with someone over the phone; you are basically put on hold forever. Sometimes you are sent directly to voicemail, and even then there are numerous occasions when the inbox is too full. Being a first-time patient is a nightmare. The first time I came here I had to wait nearly 2 hours for a LEEP consult that only lasted about 10 minutes. I don't know, maybe it should've lasted longer; the nurse insisted that they needed to see my cervix even though I told her that I was on my period. I ended up bleeding on their chair because they took forever to wait on me. I was mortified and angry because 1.) I made a mess of things even though I had already voiced my concerns and 2.) it's not like they'd see anything anyway because I was bleeding! You don't do a Pap on your period; wouldn't the nurse/doctor use common sense?I think the one thing that really bugged me was when we were discussing what should be done if I got pregnant in the future. Apparently, the surgery would give me an incompetent cervix because it cuts off a significant amount of tissue. I told her that I didn't really think of it as an issue because I never want children. She actually had the gall to tell me that I'm still too young and that I might change my mind in the future. I get a lot of flack from other people regarding my lack of desire to become a mom; honestly, the last thing I need to do is to hear that from my doctor. Not even my last gyno was like that! Ugh.Thankfully, I've never had to really deal with her again after my surgery. Like I said, she's nice, but the overall experience was just stressful and not worth it.