Dr. Lily Hanna Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lily Hanna?

January 16th, 2015

Avoid

Dr. Hanna shouldn't be in an industry where care is important. Terrible experience. Avoid her.

December 29th, 2014

Ordered genetic tests that require informed consent under NY law. After being surprised by a $2000 bill, she's avoided phone calls and in person visits for over a year.

March 19th, 2014

Overall good experience

I went to Dr. Hanna for the 1st time yesterday for a basic exam in her suit 1300 not 3A. The wait time was about an hour but my appointment was at 4:30 so it's pretty standard for things to be running late in the late afternoon. She was very patient with me in answering my questions, I'm deaf so she really did have to sit down and allow me time to lip read her. I found her to be very warm, friendly and quick. I also had concerns with my c-section I had with another doctor, and she was able to take the time to draw things out to explain what had happened. I'm not the easiest patient to have since I do tense up during the examination and struggle to stay in the stirrups, but she was patient and kept telling me to relax, she was gentle and I will definitely go back.

December 20th, 2013

Best OB/Gyn in NYC

I've been a patient of Dr. Hanna's since 2005. Clearly if I wasn't satisfied, I wouldn't stay with her for 8 years. She is a caring, compassionate physician that actually takes the time to explain everything, answer questions and follow up in a timely manner. I have sent 4 people to her and each one said they were more than satisfied and remain her patients as well. Couldn't be happier with her practice.

November 25th, 2013

Dr. Hanna is an honest GYN who will give you all options available for you at the time. She takes the time to explain any and all questions and concerns you may have. Dr. Hanna takes the time to get to know you as a person while being her patient, which makes it to discuss personal information with her. I would recommend Dr. Hanna to anyone.

June 11th, 2013

This OB is phenomenal. I feel like I found the best one in Manhattan. She has incredible bed side manner, a great sense of humor whilst always remaining professional, and has kept me regularly informed. I really feel like I found a gem. A friend by coincidence went to her too through her birth and can not rate her highly enough either!

October 5th, 2012

Done with Dr. Hanna

I have put up with 90 second annual pap check-ups for a couple years now. She didn't seem to care at all when I had an irregularity in my breast exam but did do the right thing and referred me to get a scan. However, I've reached my limit. After going in to get tested for an STI, I have waited one and a half weeks for the results and still will not get them until 2 weeks after my appointment because Dr. Hanna AND her assistant are out of the office and have neglected to follow up with me despite multiple messages. I will be finding a new GYN.

July 14th, 2012

Terrible

Dr. Hanna was on call for my delivery. While very nice in the beginning when it mattered she was MIA which caused complications. As a result I was told my baby's brain may be iced and have cerebral palsy.She also lied about her apgar.

May 15th, 2012

Dr Lily Hanna

I am not sure who has been taking these surveys, but I love Dr Hanna. She spends time within a exam, she explains everything to you about what and why she is doing it. I had surgery with Dr Hanna, I was pleased with every aspect. Pre-surgery Dr Hanna met with me and made me feel comfortable. After the surgery, she explained everything to me and what I should expect. She called me the next day to check on me to see how I was doing. I have recommended a 3-4 friends to Dr Hanna, everyone liked her and bragged about how comfortable she made them feel.

November 15th, 2011

disappointed

spent so little time with me, very condescending, dismissed my concerns. She doesn't return phone calls. Overall I wouldn't recommend her. Its a shame because the first time I saw her she was great but every visit since then went downhill.

May 10th, 2011

Too Quick To Suggest A Hysterectomy

I must preface this my stating that I am over forty and childless. To make a very long story short, I consulted with Dr. Hanna regarding treatment for my fibroids. Even without consulting my records, symptoms, or preferences--Dr. Hanna suggested that I have my uterus removed. In fact, she negated all the other options because she wanted to know why I needed my uterus? She also asked if I was planning to use it? (my uterus) She was more than a little insistant and made it perfectly clear that she didn't think keeping my uterus was worth the trouble considering my age. Dr. Hanna is inappropriate and insensitive to say the least. I would not recommend her to any woman over 35 with fibroid problems. To be honest, I would recommend her at all.

March 8th, 2011

Wasted my time

I went to Dr. Hanna to talk about infertility issues, as I had been advised by another doctor in the same practice that I needed to start taking Clomid if I didn't get pregnant within the three months after I saw him. This is a time sensitive issue, given my age. She dismissed me within 30 seconds of the beginning of our conversation. Directed me to an endocrinologist, which will take another three weeks. Given the fact that I will hopefully be pregnant within the next couple of months, I would theoretically be coming back to her for pre-natal care, so she might have ventured a FEW minutes to get to know me for future reference. Not to be.