Dr. Lily Mallare MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 20th, 2013
Delivered first baby w/ Dr. Mallare
I went to another OB for a long time before becoming pregnant with my son. Due to an insurance change I needed to find someone new and chose Dr. Mallare on a whim and was very happy I did. She was always very supportive of my choices for my birth plan. I went into labor at 35w6d and she was at the hospital when I delivered my son. Once in a while the wait at the office was a bit longer than expected, but she always spent a lot of time with me. I would choose her to deliver my next baby, no questions asked.

February 5th, 2013
Horrible Doctor
Dr. Mallare took a hour to come to hospital for my delivery and the hospital would not let me push until she arrived. It was a scheduled induction,( I was 10 centimeters and the babies head was out, no drugs.) It was a horrible experience!!! She delivered the baby and did not even say congratulations or bye when she left the hospital, I did not see her again until my six week checkup. She left part of the aminotic sac ( I was bleeding a lot and I saw pieces of the amniotic sac hanging out of me) and I had to go to the ER twice to have everything cleaned out. This happened even though I told her that I could feel that I still had more after-birth to push out, but she assured me that everything was delivered. She is not concerned about her patients, I call the after developing an infection from breastfeeding and regarding the leftover amniotic sac and she never followed back up with me. Horrible doctor, I should have filled a lawsuit against her, please do not use this so called doctor!!!!!

April 18th, 2011
She told me I had an infection and she would write me a prescription that I needed. she never wrote it the first visit even though I asked about it just before she left and she said she will and she never did. I asked again on my follow up visit almost a month later and she still never wrote it. then two months later her receptionist calls me asking for my pharmacy's number, then another couple of weeks later calls me back saying she can't fax the prescription order to them and told me i HAD to come in to her office(almost an hour away) that day to get it because it was vital that I start taking the medicine right away to clear up the infection. when she could've just given me the prescription two and a half months prior when she first told me I had an infection and HAD to take medicine to get rid of it.

April 1st, 2011
sweet doctor
she is a very sweet doctor,knows what shes doing and is willing to answer all questions. would recommend her to family and friends. the only thing i wish is that she would spend a tad more time with me on running tests and stuff. but she does her best on helping you with any concerns you have.

March 31st, 2011
i developed cancer because of Dr Mallare
When I had a miscarriage she missed some of the pieces of the aminotic sac and didn't notice it on any of the ultrasound later so I developed ovarian cancer.

December 9th, 2010
Dr. Mallare is very kind and willing to help answer your questions. However, she jumped to a ridiculously hasty diagnosis for me and told me I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome based on a ultrasound that revealed a handful of ovarian cysts. She did absolutely no more testing before forming this diagnosis and said I would not be able to conceive without first being treated with hormones or medication. Imagine how confused my husband was when I told him I was pregnant weeks after this diagnosis...and we weren't even trying. I'm sure she has plenty of patients who are very happy with her work and her care, but be aware if she is diagnosing you without thorough testing. For the record, I have seen other doctors since who doubt the diagnosis (and not just because of the pregnancy).

January 21st, 2010
Excellent, caring doctor. Couldn't do this pregnancy without her
After having had one miscarriage and having seen several doctors who just treated me like a statistic, Dr. Mallare was a breath of fresh air. I got pregnant again and under her watch everything changed: the mood, the care, the other professionals she put me in touch with. This woman is not only a great doctor, but also a caring, feeling human being who treats you like a fellow human being, a woman, and a sister. What a difference! Would follow her anywhwere to stay in her care!

May 18th, 2009
being pregnant for the 1st time i didnt know what to expect. she made me feel really comfortable and was really kind. shes the best in my eyes!