Family Practitioner

11212 State Highway 151
Ste 240
San Antonio, TX 78251
210-682-9434
Locations and availability (1)

|  Great dr and staff  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2013

Dr Esquivel and her staff are great. They see me and my family. Doctor is easy to talk to and wait time is never a problem.

|  Love this Doctor  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2013

Great doctor, kind and patient. She took the time to listen to me. He staff is very professional and I always get a call with my lab results.

|  Amazing andknowledgeable!  |  show details
by phillipnock32 on Feb 5th, 2013

PA Goodman was amazing, knowledgeable!

|  Office is convenient to my house  |  show details
by Trixie Kester on Jan 22nd, 2013

Office is convenient to my house; staffs are very friendly and helpful. My doctor is great and very thorough.

Sep 28th, 2012

Usually have to see the PA as Dr Esquivel is not available. Takes forever to get a referral to a specialist. I am not comfortable with this doctor or her staff

Sep 7th, 2012

She is not a very good doctor at all.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

I have been taking my son here since he was first born not only is the Dr great so is the staff. The office is always very clean and even walk in appointments never take alot of time out of my day! Ive recommended to my sisters who now take my nieces an nephew here an even one of my friends started bringing her newborn here!

|  fantastic!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Esquivel and her staff are nothing short of fantastic,PERIOD

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

I have had a great experience with Dr. Esquivel's service and her staff. She listens well and is very thorough. When it comes time for her staff to follow up, they have been prompt and helpful. Best of all, Dr. Esquivel and her staff have been caring from the first moment of visit to phone calls after. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a family physician.

|  Dr. Alfonso Esquivel an Angel in disquise  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Alfonso Esquivel is a very unique caring, sensitive medical physician. I rated her among 50 doctors in my life. The last doctor to compare to her was a Michigan doctor over 30 years ago.She gives me her undivided attention & shows concerns of all my medical needs including mental, emotional needs.Dr. Alfonso Esquivel respects my opinion, medical questions & concerns I have. Because of word of mouth positive compliments lots of new patients are coming in..

Jul 7th, 2011

over all

Jun 8th, 2011

Always professional,courteous,and friendly.

May 17th, 2011

love her,for my doctor

|  The best!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

She is the best! I recommend her to all my family and friends.

|  !!  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

it was my first visit to her office but I'm very pleased and wil highly recommend her to friends and family!

Jan 31st, 2011

Dr. Alfonso is easy to talk to about what's wrong. She is able to understand the symptoms quickly and provide a prompt and mostly accurate diagnosis. The wait time was not long at all compared to other doctor offices. I had a great experience.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

Dr. Alfonso is an amazing doctor. She has been great to me and my family (she sees my wife and 2 kids), and I have no complaints! She always follows up with me and I have never felt rushed. I do think she knows when she has to spend time talking to you and can see you for an ear infection quickly. I read the comment about her nurse calling with results. How is this a complaint? I have been through MANY doctors and many of them never even called at all, not even a nurse! And I can tell you that Dr. Alfonso has called us many times with results, but I imagine she needs help with all the calls, otherwise she would be seeing patients all day and calling patients back all night. So the comment about being rushed and her not calling directly with results I think speaks more about the person who wrote it than it does about Dr. Alfonso. SHe is kind and patient and intelliegent. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  AMAZING, CARING PHYSICIAN  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

As I read the only 2 negative ratings saying that Dr. Alfonso has been rushed at the visit and did not call with results, I was very surprised. Dr. Alfonso has been my doctor for 2 years and she has been an outstanding physician. She is always caring. kind and takes her time to talk to me. She has many patients, but I never feel rushed. She has often called me with lab results and a few times the nurse has called. This is understandable as ALL doctors are busy and never once before had I recieved a call from a doctor. She has excemplary bedside manner and is always interested in me and my family. We are all her patients and never once have we had a negative experience with her. Any person who had any issue with her should just discuss it directly with her and I know she would rectify any misundersttanding there may have been. I recently did not get a response to her email and came to find out their email has been down since early december. They have had multiple people work on this issue and have been unable to get this corrected. This may be why she did not respond to the email the patient mentioned previously. I would recommend Dr. Alfonso to anyone! She is the best doctor I have ever been to.

|  Patient informative doctor  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

My first visit with Dr. Alfonso was a very pleasant one. The wait time was brief, the waiting room was comfortable and they provided a play area for my children (with more toys than you would expect). The staff was very friendly and explained the answers to all my questions thoroughly and patiently. When we saw Dr. Alfonso, my children were immediately at ease with her. She has wonderful bedside manner and spoke to me intelligently and informatively. I am very young looking and it has been my past experience that people will often talk down to me assuming I am young and ignorant especially in matters of childcare. This was not the case at this office. I feel as if I have finally found a doctor I can comfortably take my whole family to and not question or second guess the doctor. I read the poor review that was given and am sincerely hoping (as this was only my first visit) that their bad experience was the exception rather than the rule. As far as I can tell, Dr. Alfonso has a very efficient, personable practice and I'm looking forward (so to speak) to having her as my primary care physician.

|  best doctor  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

Best doctor ever! I recommend her to anyone!

|  great doctor  |  show details
by melissa gutierrez on Jul 8th, 2010

she really is a great doctor. i can proudly say, i will always stay her patient.

|  Always a good experience  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Alfonso for 1.5 yrs and she is great. Very easy to talk to and calls with your results herself. I have recommended her to multiple co-workers who now also see her along with their spouses.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Anthony on Jun 3rd, 2010

Doctor Alfonso was kind and listened to all my concerns. I would recommend her to anyone. Wait time was only 10 minutes. Great experience.

May 23rd, 2010

Enjoyed visit with Dr. Alfonso...totally professional..did work up and called me back to prescribe medication. She was referred to me by co-workers and I have since referred her to my sister who is also extremely pleased with her care.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
by J Macias on May 19th, 2010

I found Dr Alfonso to be the most caring physician I've ever seen. I felt I had 100% of her attention and that she was really concerned about my health. An absolute wonderful bedside manner. The office staff were also extremely efficient and kind.

|  great bilingual doctor  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2010

love her bedside manner, something ALL doctors need to revisit yearly after graduating from med school. love that she can speak both english and spanish. love that she sees the WHOLE family; children and adults. love that she is easy to see and her staff is kind and friendly. overall and great physician for our family. so happy to have found her!

by Elizabeth S on Mar 9th, 2010

Over all I love Dr Alfonso. She is caring and patient. She answers all my questions the best she can. I have recommended her to anyone who has stated they are looking for a doctor. She is great.

|  ghetto ppl  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

While in the waiting room there were alot of "ghetto" people and kids running aroung without parent supervision. It made the office seem like a low income clinnic. The Dr and Staff were very professional.

|  More Business than clinic  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2010

Should not be pushing skin treatments and cellulite treatments to new clients. Pretty insulting, especially after spending a whole 5 minutes with a new patient.

|  BEST DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2009

I wish all my previous doctors were as knowledgeable, professional and have such a great bed side manner...A Doctor that listens!! what a concept, i recommend her to all who ask about a good primary care Doctor...She's my Doc and my wife's, cant say enough good things about the positive experience dealing with her and her staff.

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2009

This is the best experience I have had with a physician. She is kind and caring, friendly and she diagnosed a problem that I had seen 3 other doctors for. I am a patient for life

Jun 11th, 2009

Excellent bedside manner.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2009

Dr. Alfonso is an excellent doctor. I was nervous when I saw how young she was, but she more than makes up for it. I also like her more modern approach. For example, she encouraged me to get off some meds and take some vitamins. She was the one who actually called me with results. Usually doctors don't even have time for you at the office, let alone when you leave.

Mar 23rd, 2009

Dr. Alfonso has been absolutely wonderful and caring. She is thorough and has listened to everything I say. The office staff and ambiance are pleasant and waiting time has never been a problem.