Overall Review

March 2nd, 2016
So Unprofessional!
I have gone to this doctor's office for several years since my previous doctors had retired. Dr. Stewart was a local doctor and she seemed decent enough for the simple aches and pains. I don't have to go often, and when I do, the wait is usually over an hour or more to see the doctor. When I arrived for one particular visit for one of their earliest appointments, I had to wait a few minutes before I could sign myself in for my appointment. After several minutes, the receptionist asked me for my information. I told her nothing had changed but she insisted I fill out the paperwork. I had let out a sigh since I was tired which the receptionist apparently took the wrong way. The receptionist was extremely rude to me from that point on. While filling out my paperwork, I could hear the receptionist telling the office manager "If a patient wants to be rude, I can be even ruder to them." She and the office manager proceeded to sternly yell at me across the waiting room asking for my insurance card. I asked them to please wait so I could use the information to finish filling out my paperwork. I had to repeat myself several times as they continued to yell at me in front of the other patients in the waiting room (I did have to raise my voice once unfortunately). After being able to turn in all my paperwork and cards, they had seemed to calm down behind the back desk. My name was called and I proceeded to the back. Once in the patient room, I asked the office manager (who was the nurse who was bringing me to the room) about a shot I needed to get. She said they are UNABLE to order that common shot (mmr). After she left my patient room, I was talking to a family member who had arrived late about the experience I had been having so far. Suddenly my patient room door opened without a knock and it was the receptionist. She then start to yell at me saying all they needed was my information. My family member and I were shocked that this receptionist just let herself into my patient room. I asked her if she was eavesdropping. She got extremely defensive and said that she was getting something outside the closet outside my patient room and she could just hear us. She continued to say unprofessional things loudly. When I mentioned to her that she should probably not say negative things about patients within earshot, she became shocked and denied the claim. She then started yelling "I'm so done! I'm so done with all this!" She at least closed the door behind her when leaving my patient room. We waited a few more minutes then the doctor came in. She asked us to leave saying we were too much of a disruption. We asked her if she knew about what her staff did and told her some of the most unprofessional things her staff did. She denied her staff did anything, did not apologize for the behavior of her staff, and then asked us to leave again. We told her we were already to leave and wanted a refund of our co-pay. We thankfully were able to get our co-pay back and left gladly. We are know looking for a new doctor. We were appalled at the whole situation and lack of professionalism. Basically, rude and unprofessional staff, no respect for patients, can't get/order all the necessary and common shots, and will refuse to see patients. We ARE looking for a new doctor with a better staff. We are also contacting our healthcare provider to alert them to the unprofessional nature there since she was part of the approved network.

June 8th, 2013
Patient
Ease of appt. but a very smart m.d.. Saved my life on more than one occasion. What's more I am an m.d..

May 4th, 2012
things could be better
i do not like how she do not come to the hospital

March 22nd, 2012
Grandmotherly Care
Dr. Stewart is the most patient and understanding doctor I've ever had. She never rushes you and alwayslistens attentively. It is like having your "grandmother"taking care of you.

December 24th, 2010
Dr Stewart is a great doctor..she actually takes the time to listen to you! No "bum's rush". She is quick to refer if she feels more input is needed. I recently returned to her after being gone several years because I could not find an office like hers.

July 16th, 2010
Dr. Stewart
she is a competant Dr. but doesn't really see patients as people anymore. I go to her because I prefer a female Dr. and she is convenient. She is quick to refer to a specialist if necessary. Her office staff can be rude and uncaring at times, but usually know what is going on, and can get info you call about such as appts. and referrals quickly. You don't get the run around such as having to go from person to person to find out what you want to know. She is in practice by herself and I always have to wait even if I am the only person in the waiting room.

July 5th, 2010
Although Dr. Stewart is a good doctor, her staff is VERY rude, especially her nurse. I'm sure she has lost many patients due to their lack of courtesy and professionalism. Alos, you can hear very clearly from room to room her speaking with patients concerning their personal medical issues. I personally have heard Dr. Stewart joking with another patient about my situation. Although I've been a patient of hers for 15+ years, due to the above mentioned matters, I am now using this site to find a new doctor.