Dr. Linda Wang Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Linda Wang?

Just Amazing!

Posted on August 16th, 2017

Never felt so comfortable in a medical facility and do so appreciate her aggressive treatment on my skin condition. Greatly appreciated!!

Overbooked/Rushed and given a list of brands

Posted on September 12th, 2016

This was my first ever visit to a dermatologist and I went in for 2 reasons. I was not asked what brands I use, what products I've tried, if I've had this checked out in the past, or what my routines are. She took a look at one thing and listed possible reasons - none of which were possibilities, but again...she did not ask me anything. She talked WAY too fast and I could not get a word in to ask questions. I was given step by step skin care lesson (Something I already do...) then listed off a bunch of brand names and handed me a coupon for Neutrogena. With the brand names she assumed something was an allergic reaction without considering the length of time I've had this condition and not asking me what I use. She wrote 2 prescriptions and let me tell you, I could not repeat to you what she said. I did fill one and I had to read the paperwork with it because she did a fly by on it. Most doctors give you a comprehensive breakdown of how to take the meds, side effects, etc. She said "side effects" but did not give any examples. The other 2 I will not fill. One is for Retin-A which if she had asked anything about me, would have known I've tried that and it burned my skin. In short: I waited 40 minutes, sat for another 10 minutes, then was "seen" for about 3 minutes. The only question I got in as she was leaving and said "Oh no, not serious at all." Gone. If I could get my co-pay back and ask my insurance to keep their money I would, but that would not be an easy task. I've had many fantastic doctors within the Mercy system and this is the first time I've ever been beyond disappointed. I will not be returning. Also: I could also hear her with other patients discussing their medical conditions which seemed very strange to me. Not only was their patient privacy violated, but they too were rushed.)

Awefull experience, unprofessional and a hukster

Posted on September 7th, 2016

To start, these dermatologists run racket. I went in to see this Dr Wang for a routine check up. She then told me I had to get a biopsy. I was then told I had a lymphoma based on a few blotches. This started me off on light treatment (aka a tanning booth). Since I am fare skinned and only had a few blotches, I could only go into the booth for 45 secs. Low and behold I get a 175 dollar bill, because the hospital charges 1 hr for the 45 secs + a facility fee. This went on a few visits until I had enough. I then get a bill for the blood test because Dr Wangs incompent staff could did not do their paper work to submit to insurance. The office mgr said it would be taken care of, but 6 months later, they still didn't submit the paperwork. I would warn anyone before seeing this Dr. She finds things that are irrelevant, submits all kinds of tests leaving the patient with the bill, and then bilks you for therapy. Stay away. I would also say that her Certification is meaningless. I contacted the American Board of Dermatology to Complain and to see if there was a process to get her certification revoked and there is none. This means the certification is worthless.

Dr Great, Staff sucks

Posted on April 2nd, 2015

Could never get RX after 4 calls to staff over 3 months!

MY VISIT WITH DR. WANG

Posted on February 8th, 2015

Dr. Wang kept me waiting in the waiting room for over an hour. I was then escorted to an examining room, where I sat and waited once again. All in all the visit was rushed, didn't take care of my main problems. The girl who took me back to the examining room, was extremly pleasant. The receptionist on the other hand looked as though she had been sucking on a lemon. She had a major attitude issue. This visit was my last!!

She's awesome!

Posted on December 11th, 2014

Dr. Wang rocks!! I called as a new patient because I had a bleeding mole, and her staff got me an appointment within 24 hours. I was taken back 6 minutes after my appointment time, and after the consult with her assistant, I waited about 10-15 minutes for the doctor. Once there, she was thorough, friendly, and explained everything she was doing and observing as she went through the full-body exam. Even with having to have a basal cell carcinoma removed and stitched back up, I was in and out in exactly an hour. As a pasty white blue-eyed female who now has a "history", I am sure I will be seeing a lot of Dr. Wang. I feel like I am in very smart and talented hands.

unimpressed

Posted on August 6th, 2014

Obviously a well trained and highly qualified doc, but I was disappointed in appt. From setting the appt I had told staff what I wanted. She was dismissive of my issues in wanting aesthetician referral, moved very quickly through appointment despite reasons I came with poor bedside manner. Reminded me of disappointment of an HMO doc...

Posted on March 10th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Wang by my regular doctor to have a painful growth. I waited over an hour for the first appointment and when she did come in she was running in and out and was out of breath. My appointment of the growth removal and full body check took 5 minutes. I found out they book 4 patients for every 15 minute appointment slot so no wonder she has no time. When I arrived to have my stitches removed I was 10 minutes late. Well, you keep me waiting over an hour for appointments so what does it matter if I am a little late. If I had come on time I still would have needed to wait over an hour. I argued with the receptionist (who like other people noted is rude) and she finally agreed that if it was just for removal of stitches I could be seen. An hour and a half later her assistant removed the stitches and 20 minutes later she came in for 30 seconds to tell me it looked okay. There are much better docs out there.

Merkel Cell Patient

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

Dr Wang was recommended by my Family Dermatologist in Silver Spring as a Merkel Cell specialist. I needed a second opinion as I was scheduled for major lymph node surgery. Dr Wang advised me to have radiation theraphy instead which I followed. I am very pleased with her professionalism, her caring attitude, and attentiveness. I am confident that Dr Wang is the best doctor for treating my cancer.

Posted on January 7th, 2014

If I were not in a position where I had to stay with Dr Wang, I would leave immediately. I find her aloof and uncaring. She spent a max of 2.5 min in the room, and did not allow me to get a word in edgewise. Her medical assistant staff are very rude and I believe they purposely messed up one of my Rxs. They are hostile to answering questions and make me uncomfortable when I voice concerns about my medication schedules. There is absolutely no follow-up with patients, and I am constantly harassing the staff to make sure they file my Rx correctly. Then, when they mess up, there is not apology or admit of fault. I feel uncomfortable going to her. Obviously she knows what she's talking about, but getting her to listen to a patient directly seems to be like pulling teeth. This doctor is everything that medical school should not produce: smart but condescending, present but in a rush to leave, and aware of what patients SAY, but not listening to concerns.

Patient

Posted on November 18th, 2013

Dr. Wang asked me to undress in front of her and her assistant, who she referred to as an extension of herself without leaving the examining room. I was unable to get a word in edgewise to explain why I was there to be treated. She spent the majority of my appointment asking me questions and entering data into her laptop computer (information which I provided through 7 pages of historical data prior to my appointment). She refused to treat the area on my body that I felt needed treatment. I found her to be very aloof and non-caring. She left my appointment to go to her next patient and had to be called back into the room by myself to freeze a keratosis from my hand that she had ignored. I felt her bedside manner to be less than professional.

Waited and rushed

Posted on August 27th, 2013

Setting up the appointment was the best experience with this office. It was all down hill from there. I arrived for my appointment early to fill out paperwork and waited for over 25 minutes. This was a 8AM appointment (maybe 8:30) but if you are waiting that long first thing in the morning imagine what it is like by mid-afternoon. My entire visit maybe lasted 3 minutes and that included a full body check. Yes you read that right. She mentioned something about an area but no further information (what causes it, how to treat). I actually made a appointment to have something removed after she left but I ended up cancelling it. If she spent and rushed through an appointment with a first time patient she is not someone I want to see.