Dr. Linda Royal Coffey Is this you?

3.6

WORST physician visit EVER

Posted on August 25th, 2016

This lady is to be avoided at ALL costs! Never have I been so insulted before at an appointment! She demeans and talks down to you, like your a child. I let her know I wouldn't be coming back, and I would find a new dermatologist to visit.

Posted on February 10th, 2016

absolute excellence. I was raised in Hawaii with very pale skin. As a result I have an inordinate number of skin problems. Dr Coffey has treated me for 28 years without a reason to complain. Dermatological care cannot get any better.

Posted on January 12th, 2016

Excellent care by Dr. Coffey and her staff.

My office visit today

Posted on October 26th, 2015

Just visited Dr. Coffey for several skin concerns. I only waiting about 5 minutes until I was brought back to the examining room. Staff was professional and well organized. Dr Coffey was thorough with my examination, knowledgeable about my complicated skin type, serious but friendly. I'd recommend her and staff to my family and friends.

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Dr. Coffey provides results but has below average bedside manner, but I'd rather have results

Posted on January 26th, 2015

Dr. Coffey has been my doctor for about 2 years now. She is always very thorough, listens, and has helped me thru 3 skin cancer findings and treatment. I would highly recommend her. The staff is also very pleasant and helpful.

Rude and Belittling

Posted on February 21st, 2014

I agree with all the other negative comments and had a similar experience with her. She was very rude, belittling, and a bully. She kept trying to get me to admit that my rash was caused because I pick myself and that she could tell that I had been doing it for a long time. I told her I had never had anything like this before she basically told me I was lying and My assignment was to go home and think about all the times I pick myself. I wouldn't take a stray dog to see her.

Switching Doctors

Posted on February 6th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Coffey and staff for over 3 years now. Let me start with the pros: They are easy to get appointments with and keep me only a reasonable amount of time with little waiting. The receptionist that greets patients is very nice and friendly. Barbie was AWESOME, and was the main reason that I haven't switched doctors sooner, but she is no longer there. Her replacement Amanda is very good too. Dr. Coffey herself seems very knowledgeable about dermatology, but after 3 years I am still suffering from acne... so that is very frustrating. And now for the cons: Dr. Coffey is not extremely friendly (after 3 years I still feel like a number to her). I was recently upset when a family member of mine had a checkup with Coffey, who told him that everything was fine. He got a 2nd opinion shortly after that, because he left with an uneasy feeling, and had 8 inches of melanoma skin cancer cut out of his back by his new dermatologist!!! Wow! Yes melanoma is deadly! But since my condition is acne, and I have been through the wringer trying option after option, I decided to keep seeing Coffey. I go monthly for facial peels, to help with my acne situation. On these appointments I do not see the doctor, and simply pay for the peel out of pocket (not covered by insurance). I had an EXTREMELY upsetting experience yesterday. After receiving my peel with Amanda (who is very good) I asked her to re-write my prescription so that I can get a full months supply (30 days) instead of 28 days, as it had previously been written. As I thought I was about to check out, the P.A. (Vanessa) came in, and started examining me as though I was there for an appointment with her. I was thinking how nice it was to be concerned about me, when all I needed was my prescription re-written. She asked me all of the usual questions that Coffey already knows, and shocked me when she suggested to give me a medication that I am highly allergic to! I could see my chart where it had my allergies listed from the chair I was sitting in, but she failed to look at my chart. At this point I was still under the impression that she came in because she was concerned, and didn't mention the fact that she was suggesting medications for me that I have been told by ALL other doctors not to take, since they are very similar to the one I am allergic to... our 'consultation' ended and she gave me my prescription that I had requested, and it came time to check out. The girl who checks me out (Karen I believe is her name - she has never in 3 years been friendly to me) asked me if I am still with the same insurance company, and I let her know that I am, although my appointment for that day was out-of-pocket since it was not an appointment with the doctor. She said that Vanessa had marked me down for an 'office visit' which I had not requested. I told her that was not the case, and then Vanessa came out. She explained to me, as if I was a 6 year old, that because I needed a prescription I would be charged an office visit. She came up with excuse after excuse, all of which I had the correct answer. For example - she said the reason Coffey wrote the prescription for 28 days instead of 30 was because I was only supposed to take the medication for a short period of time. When in fact, Coffey gave me 4 refills on the medication - so that is not the case. The reason was because I was originally taking 1 pill 3 days per week, and then Coffey told me to switch it to 1/2 a pill every day, leaving me without a full month's supply. Basically Vanessa kept coming up with statements to which she had no proof or reason to say (since clearly I have been working with Coffey for 3 years). Vanessa insisted that I pay for this appointment (my $50 copay). I told her that I absolutely was not paying for an appointment of which I did not request, nor was it in ANY WAY helpful since it was basically me going back to square 1, and all I needed was 2 additional pills per month which I would have done without had I known the extent of drama this would cause... Vanessa was extremely rude and said 'I am going to make a note of this in your chart'. The bottom line is, I did not pay for an 'office visit' and left extremely frustrated, and feeling taken advantage of! The check out girl, Karen, sat there stone-faced, as usual, acting as if she could care less about me or my situation, even as I expressed my frustrations to her. I will be switching dermatologists ASAP. I would much rather wait a little bit at my appointments to see someone who CARES about me and my situation.

terrible bedside manner

Posted on July 31st, 2013

I have been going to Dr.Coffey for a few years and am finally switching to another doctor. Dr.Coffey has a terrible bedside manner- she made me feel a bit like a freak show for my skin condition (like I had a choice in what my skin is doing). My sister also went to her and refised to go back- she made my sister feel pretty bad about her skin as well.

Abrasive

Posted on January 17th, 2013

Dr. Coffey has NO bedside manner, and she's very rough. Her staff is very friendly and will talk you into expensive proceedures that don't work. DO NOT do the coolsculpting!!! It's a gimmick! And don't prepay for any proceedure because Dr. Coffey will not give you your money back. She's awful

Doctor great, Staff is rude

Posted on August 15th, 2012

Dr. Coffey and her aide are wonderful. She listens, her responses show concern and knowledge.Her office staff are petulant children. One of them turned her back on me while I was speaking to her while another shook her head condescendingly. It was as though they were the cast of "Mean Girls."

great dr!