Dr. Linda Cox MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2009
My initial visit did not go as well as could have been expected. Although I called to confirm that I could take a specific cold medication, at the office visit I was informed that the cold medicine conflicted with the allergy test. Unfortunately, this was after my back had already been pricked in 20 places for the test. I was told to come back in a few weeks and that I would not be charged for the next visit. The subsequent allergy test was successful in diagnosing my serious allergies. However, I was charged for the second visit as well as the first. I explained to the office staff that I was not supposed to be charged for the second test; I was informed that I and my insurance would be charged for both visits. I notified my insurance company of the issue, but both charges were processed and I paid two co-pays. The diagnosis was accurate and assisted me with addressing issues in my home to minimize my allergies. I was not pleased with the double billing.
Doctor's Response

Without having any specifc details of your case, I can only make a few comments. I presume on the second visit that you were evaluated and treatment recommendations were made-if so this would be considered an office visit and your insurer likely has a co-pay for an office visits. My office staff cannot assure that allergy testing will be done on the telephone.There are anumber of circumstances where I may decide that allergy testing needs to be delayed or is not appropriate. Did you discuss the billing concerns with my office manager?

May 31st, 2017