Dr. Linda Cox MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017
Most unprpfessional
This was the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. She starts the consult with an attitude of accusation in a fashion comparable to an interrogation. While she test me for only one allergy because I was there obviously to solicite for allergy test, decides this is the perfect time to test her self. Meanwhile the nurse is trying to write down the results, the doctor continues to be in the nurses way All the whole telling me about herself. While she is In her self indulgent rant takes off her coat to reveal she is wearing a loose fitting spaghetti strapped excercise shirt on and revealing at least 85% of her bra. Two hours after my appointment time, she decides to end her nonstop chattering proceeds to tell me that my other two specialist (which I have been seeing for about 10 years) have been prescribing me the wrong medications and that I should be taking something else because her friend takes it.

July 28th, 2009
My initial visit did not go as well as could have been expected. Although I called to confirm that I could take a specific cold medication, at the office visit I was informed that the cold medicine conflicted with the allergy test. Unfortunately, this was after my back had already been pricked in 20 places for the test. I was told to come back in a few weeks and that I would not be charged for the next visit. The subsequent allergy test was successful in diagnosing my serious allergies. However, I was charged for the second visit as well as the first. I explained to the office staff that I was not supposed to be charged for the second test; I was informed that I and my insurance would be charged for both visits. I notified my insurance company of the issue, but both charges were processed and I paid two co-pays. The diagnosis was accurate and assisted me with addressing issues in my home to minimize my allergies. I was not pleased with the double billing.
Doctor's Response

Without having any specifc details of your case, I can only make a few comments. I presume on the second visit that you were evaluated and treatment recommendations were made-if so this would be considered an office visit and your insurer likely has a co-pay for an office visits. My office staff cannot assure that allergy testing will be done on the telephone.There are anumber of circumstances where I may decide that allergy testing needs to be delayed or is not appropriate. Did you discuss the billing concerns with my office manager?

April 8th, 2017