Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Sloan's for over 10 years. She was always very pleasant during physicals, but if I was sick she would get very annoyed. On one occasion, I had a car accident and she was angry with her staff for not putting the correct paperwork in my chart. A few years later, I had an ovarian cyst. The ER diagnosed me as having a urinary tract infection which I knew wasn't correct. I went to her still in pain and she argued with me, telling me that I pay them to make a diagnosis and then I don't follow the advice (I refused to take the antibiotic) After examining me and something in my stomach "not sounding right" she called in another Dr. to take a listen. I was sent to the hospital for further tests and there I was diagnosed with a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst.My final visit with her came last year when I had pneumonia. She first diagnosed me as having the flu. I was running a very high fever and coughing up blood. I was off work for three weeks. Half way through the second week I returned to her office very sick, still coughing up blood. She prescribed a fourth antibiotic and would not give me a doctors note because, as I was told "I don't give that much time off work". I ended up going to Patient First where I was given medication that made me feel better within two days. I was disappointed in Dr. Sloan. She is fine unless there is some actual work to do. During one of my well visits, she said that she wish she had chosen a different career path. I wish she had as well.

|  I Love My Doctor!!!  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan's for 10 years. I can't say enough about how wonderful she is. She has an excellent bedside manner and she's extremely patient and caring. She can be stern (when she has to be), but it's usually because patients don't do what they're supposed to. However, she really cares about her patients health and well-being and really wants the best for them. Her medical diagnoses are spot-on and unlike some doctors will order the necessary tests and leave nothing to chance. Since I've been under her care, my health has improved tremendously. Thank you Dr. Sloan for being the type of doctor who really cares about your patients and not just a paycheck!

|  Great doctor, long wait  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan's for many years now. I think she is a wonderful doctor. My only complaint is the wait time. On several occasions I find myself waiting in the lobby for 30 mins or more, only to be called back, weighed, etc. and then wait another 30 mins. However once she is in the room, she is thorough, pleasant, and accurate.

|  Loyal Patient, with some concerns  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan's for quite a few years. I have had some minor issues with the timeliness of the appointments and maybe some of the policies of the office. As a matter of fact, her books are so filled that I had to wait an hour (on one occasion) to be seen. However, I have never been that disgusted that I would never come back. I have talked with her, laughed with her and even cried with her and never felt a cold shoulder, bad attitude or non professional or poor bedside manner. No matter how long I have waited to be seen or how flat out "Dumb" I may think some of the office policies are, it doesn't change the fact that I LOVE my doctor. The staff has always been courteous and respectful to me. As a matter of fact, I have added my Husband to her LONG list of patients. Those of you that are not satisfied...I'm sure she won't miss you. Keep it moving! That is all!

Apr 20th, 2011

Love doctor sloan but her office staff leave a lot to be desired

|  good dr, terrible office !  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2010

I am surprised by these comments about Dr. Sloan. I never had an issue with her bedside manners and I think she is a great doctor. However her office is poorly run. Her staff is very rude and it is impossible to be out of that place in under 2 hrs. My last time visiting the office, I spent almost 2 hrs in the waiting room. Being a college student, I could not wait any longer due to having a class to attend, so I had to leave. I will be going to a new office, and hoping for speedier service!

|  Disgusting  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

My visit with "Dr" Sloane was terrible. I have had many visits with other doctors by far this was the worst experience I have had. She had a nasty attitude, terrible bed side manner and appeared to be in a "frazzled state of mind during my time with her. She appears to have issues with over weight people which is "funny" because she is not a "small" person. She appeared to be annoyed with the answers I gave her concerning my health status. I did wait at least 45 minutes for my appt with her and it appeared she was not fazed about being late. I am shocked how she has managed to still be in this profession with an attitude like this. After reading the other negative ratings I am convinced she is lucky to be working. I will never visit her again and would not suggest to any one to see her as a "doctor". If you do visit with her be ready for a very "unpleasant" time.

|  unprofessional attitude  |  show details
by adult patient on Aug 10th, 2010

i have been a patient of Dr Sloan's for a few years. on at least 3 occassions she has had a very nasty attitudes and has told that i was lying(indirectly) about making an appointment, a staff member calling me and info she claims she had already told me about a specific condition. it does not matter what her staff has done incorrectly or their attitudes and behaviors she supports them. but to argue with the patient?? she is condescending and arrogant at times. she constantly tells patient about their weight in a very negative way when she is by not means an appropriate weight. her hair often looks as if she just got out bed. my recent visit was not very pleasant at all she seemed to have the bedside manner of a wet piece of wood. if you don't like your job get another one. she is very thorough following through on patients conditions but her attitude is very funky. this is the first doctor i have ever been to that argues minuet points. i decided to be the bigger person and move on to the real purpose of my visit. GROW UP DOC!

|  Dr. Wait  |  show details
by Dissappointed on Aug 20th, 2009

They unfortunately double book there patients. I had an appoint at 11:15 so I arrived there at 11:05. At 11:30 they told me that there were two people in front of me and they wouldn't be able to get to me until 12:00. That is ludicrous!! Also, my husband went in prior to my visit and as the appointment was ending told the doc that he had one more question. She said if it wasn't written on the paper she had he had to make another appointment!! That is very unprofessional. To sum it up I was very, very displeased with the service. And people there were "fake friendly."

by Elaine Walker on Apr 8th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan's for about three years now. My doctor before her walked into the room and was out again before I had time to explain all my issues. She gives all her patients the time and interest they deserve. There is sometimes a wait but Ialways schedule the first or second appointment of the day when I can. I'm much better off for having gone to her.

Mar 21st, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan for over 10 yrs. and her professionalism, accuracy, bedside manner and time spend with you is above excellent. After a visit to her office and I been called at home to check-up on me. I have referred many of my friends to Dr. Sloan and they all have been more than PLEASED. You couldn't find a better doctor. SHE CARES.........