Internists

Menlo Health Alliance Group
1300 Crane St
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-724-4406
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  The antipode of warm and fuzzy  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2014

Dr. Fresco works half time, and her off hours include a 3-1/2 day weekend when she does not make or take calls, remaining strictly out of touch from her office and other doctors. If I got sick and needed treatment when she wasn't in the office, it was up to an unknown doctor to see me, without any familiarity with my case or consultation with Dr. Fresco. During her office hours, it was my experience that Dr. Fresco usually ran late by at least 20 minutes and often more, rushing into the exam room with a harried manner. She'd immediately sit facing her computer, and proceed to take exhaustive notes of our dialogue and related annotations. This prevented eye contact or any spontaneous "hands-on" follow through during conversation, like the usual ways other doctors had typically used their hands (or instruments) to examine, listen, tap, poke, or tap me during a visit. Dr. Fresco deferred any physical examination until the end, and by then she was usually hurrying off and often forgot whatever she intended to do. Her strict business hours, hands-off style, absorption in typing, and lack of eye contact made her seem detached and impersonal. I hoped she would loosen up and become more engaged in my care, but after several visits, I concluded that her style didn't mesh with my expectations, and perhaps vice versa. On the flip side, I never had reason to doubt the soundness of her medical judgment, her familiarity with local specialists, and her knowledge of prescription medications. She might be a better match for patients who don't connect with a warm and fuzzy approach and don't expect to need frequent or urgent care from their own internist.

|  show details
May 9th, 2013

Personally I like dr. Fresco. Only problem is wait time.

|  Very happy with her care.  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

I chose Dr. Fresco at random when changing insurance and I had to choose another doctor. I have been with her for over 3 years and I have been very happy with the care I've received. She went to a lot of effort to find and get me connected with the right specialist. She is very thorough, and she has a warm sense of humor. I would recommend her to my friends and family.