Dr. Joanne Cardinal MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 7th, 2012
Dr. Hedgecock is a nice enough person but I do not know how much she knows as a doctor. She seems to prescribe pills frequently. I had a recurring UTI, which she did clear up. She prescribed an antibotic to prevent further UTI's, which I was to take indefinitely. After nearly two months I again went to see Dr. Hedgecock because I wasn't feeling well. She did some tests and said I had a kidney infection. Prescribed another antibotic to take with the first one. I became very ill. Upon calling her office, was told they would change the second antibotic to another one. Didn't mention me coming into the office and when I asked her nurse about making an appointment, she consulted with Dr. Hedgecock, said they would just prescribe a different second antibotic. The new antibotic turned out to be in the same family as the second one. After taking the first antibotic and the new one for six days, I became violently ill. Went to ER and they helicoptered me to Casper. I had had a heart attack and had lost 3/4 of my kidney function (which I will never regain) to a reaction to the very first antibotic. I am sure Dr. Hedgecock did not do this to me intentionally. However, I do feel she should have suggested and or insisted I come into her office when I became ill initially with the second antibotic, instead of just calling in another one. But I am ruined for life with my kidney loss and am looking at dialysis sometime in my future. Needless, to say, I have changed doctors. I want nothing to do with Dr. Hedgecock again.