Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Kudzu.
Jul 27th, 2011

This is the most unprofessional medical office I have ever encountered. The office staff is rude beyond words. I intend to report this office and staff to my insurance company. It is uncomprehensible how this office can continue to practice "medicine". Do not ever go to this office.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

Dr. Lafferty is a great doctor. I feel very comfortable and at ease with her. She really listens and I never feel rushed.Her office staff and physician assistant, however, are to be avoided at all costs. They have no idea what professionalism is. When you go to a doctor it is because you are ill; you already feel vulnerable, and then you get a snotty attitude from these folks? I honestly do not understand how such a wonderful doctor would surround herself with such horrible staff.

|  I agree great doctor, rude scheduler  |  show details
by TooGood at Citysearch on Sep 17th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had gone in on a few occasions to see the phyician assistant which i think is great to a point. But on a few occasions i over heard the schedulercheck out girl i think its genda or whatever slam the phone down and at one point heard her say a very very rude remark while putting the person on hold calling her a bitch.....now i wonder when i call if that is what i am gong to be called if she is having a bad day as usual. So i am sorry to say that after that, i and my family will not be going to that office until doctor lafferty decides to get rid of her.

Feb 4th, 2010

excellent physician. My family doctor for twenty years. None better in Reno, NEvada.

Jan 29th, 2010

Friendly and professional.

|  BitterSweet~  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2010

I have been a paitent for about 12 years and Dr. Lafferty is wonderful. She is kind and compassionate. I go to that office because of HER. The front staff are cold, harsh, brash, and any other verb to describe just plain rude. They make me feel like a 'number'. I always get the feeling that they would just rather be somewhere else. In recent months, Dr. Lafferty has been scarce, making my office visits a dreaded occation. The posted 'rules' all over the office leave a very unpleasent feeling as if I just need to hurry up and get to my point while I am there. One of the 'notes' actually says if I have more than one issue, make an appointment, because only one thing at a time will be dealt with..... A little harsh. The overall bed-side-manner of this office is horrible. It breaks my heart to say that because Dr. lafferty is wonderful.

|  can`t imagine a worse place for medical care  |  show details
by john121 on Dec 28th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I really can`t say enough bad things about this place. The front receptionist Maria is a horrible human being. The fact that she has any job in customer service, let alone at a doctor`s office is nothing short of a complete travesty. A homeless person would be better suited as an anesthesiologist. She had my test results right in front of her on a Friday and refuses to read them to me because she needed "doctor`s approval." I had to wait three extra days because she couldn`t muster up the effort in her fat ass to read me some results that were very important to me. i hope she reads this I later found out from Tatiana that receptionists at the office don`t need doctor`s approval to read back results. Excellent.Tatiana. Now, there`s another big problem at the office. Waited for an hour before she could called my name the other day. I had been sick for about a month. She looks at my throat and comments on how swollen and red it looks. Then she tosses a questionaire at me and tells me to get started on it while she tends to another patient.I start going through it as instructed before realizing that it is a questionaire for depression! Something she knows I`ve been diagnosed with since age 16. I remind her about this and tell her it`s completely irrelevant right now. She says that because I`ve been experiencing weight loss, it must be depression apparently, that also explained the sore throat. I tell her it might have something to do with the fact that it`s hard for me to swallow. I also urge her to speak with my psychiatrist who can personally vouch that I am feeling better mentally than I have in years.To top it all of, Tatiana then decides it takes her less than a minute that I must have a sinus infection. She hands me prescriptions for two very strong antibiotics and I leave. I threw them in the trash. Two days later, I feel fine.I wish I could throw that entire place in the trash. Never going back again!!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  disappointing experience  |  show details
by john121 at Citysearch on Dec 28th, 2009 on citysearch.com

The front receptionist is extremely rude. She had important test results right in front of her on a Friday and refused to read them to me because she needed \"\"doctor`s approval.\"\" I had to wait three extra days because she couldn`t muster up the effort to read me some results that were very important to me. I later found out from one of the np`s that receptionists at the office don`t need doctor`s approval to read back results.In Dr. Lafferty`s defense, she promptly responded to a letter I sent to her office addressing these and other concerns. Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend that if you go here, you specifically ask for her. She strikes me as a veteran doctor who legitimately cares about her patients.

|  I still hear the duck  |  show details
by pinemom on Dec 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Made appt to see Dr.Laffertyyes asked to be seen only by doctor because this was a well check up for my daughter and I to establish new doc and new insurance.Got there and was told we would be seen by PA. daughter and I were escorted to differnt rooms. Titiana PA came in to do my head to toe check up, aked me what form of Birth control I was on, I explained I had a full hysto in 2001. While doing my pap smear she again asked me what form of BC I was on, at that point, I looked down to ask if she see`s a UTERIS My daughter,14 yrs old 110lbs in the other room, suppose to be well health physical so she can do wrestling for school, mentions she`s having trouble sleeping. No physical is given, instead Titiana gives her a psychological exam and gives her a prescription for sleeping pills. The pills she gave her were "enough to put down a 350 linebacker" quote of dr. Linda Lafferty! When I made another appt. to get the darn physical and complain to dr. lafferty about Titiana. She charged ME for a office visit and my daughters physical visit.Im so mad right now, and they call me to tell me I havent paid a dime on my bills, yes I have!But why would 2 physicals add up to over 500.00Medical malpractice!!!!!!!!!!!! at its finest!

|  I still hear the duck  |  show details
by pinemom at Citysearch on Dec 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Made appt to see Dr.Laffertyyes asked to be seen only by doctor because this was a well check up for my daughter and I to establish new doc and new insurance.Got there and was told we would be seen by PA. daughter and I were escorted to differnt rooms. Titiana PA came in to do my head to toe check up, aked me what form of Birth control I was on, I explained I had a full hysto in 2001. While doing my pap smear she again asked me what form of BC I was on, at that point, I looked down to ask if she see`s a UTERIS My daughter,14 yrs old 110lbs in the other room, suppose to be well health physical so she can do wrestling for school, mentions she`s having trouble sleeping. No physical is given, instead Titiana gives her a psychological exam and gives her a prescription for sleeping pills. The pills she gave her were \"\"enough to put down a 350 linebacker\"\" quote of dr. Linda Lafferty! When I made another appt. to get the darn physical and complain to dr. lafferty about Titiana. She charged ME for a office visit and my daughters physical visit.Im so mad right now, and they call me to tell me I havent paid a dime on my bills, yes I have!But why would 2 physicals add up to over 500.00Medical malpractice!!!!!!!!!!!! at its finest!

|  Best in town  |  show details
by wumber on Jul 8th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Yes, the office staff isn't the friendliest I've ever ran across, nor the most helpful. However, they get you in and that is what's important! Dr. Laffery is the best doctor in Reno, hands down. Although it might take a bit to get into see her, it's well worth the wait. She is a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. She is on top of her game and she saved my life. She is vey perceptive and actually cares about her patients (how often to you find this?). Sometimes the waits do test your patience, but the only reason she runs late is because she is giving her full attention to the patient and she does the same for you! Unfortunately, I am leaving the area, bu I had Dr. Lafferty for nearly four years as my primary doctor. She rocks. That is the only explanation that describes her. She is an incredible woman who truly cares about her patients. All of these other issues are not important. I don't care how long I have to wait because when i's my turn, I get he full attention and she never rushes me through (ever had that experience). I love Dr. Lafferty. She saved my life! Sh diagnosed me with a clogged artery and I think many physicians would have missed that. If my little sister, who was misdiagnosed for five years with breast cancer, would have been seeing Dr. Laffery, her cancer would have been caught in time. Dr. Laffery is most definitely a five star doctor. It will be a sad day for our community when she retires.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Apr 3rd, 2009

Moving back to the Reno area and was hopeing Dr Lafferty was still there. I liked her as my doctor.

|  Nice Practice  |  show details
by awesomegal at Citysearch on Feb 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Linda Lafferty`s for many years and although her practice is not perfect i get the care I need. I read these other blogs and people complaining they never seen the doctor. Maybe if these patients asked specifically to see Dr. Lafferty only maybe they would see her. Thats if it ever came across their minds. The staff is wonderful. Theres been certain times that things can get hectic around that office but who`s office doesn`t. I am very satisfied with my customer service there and my care. Dr. Lafferty.............you are wonderful.

by awesomegal on Feb 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Linda Lafferty's for many years and although her practice is not perfect i get the care I need. I read these other blogs and people complaining they never seen the doctor. Maybe if these patients asked specifically to see Dr.

by ZaneDurant on Jul 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I want to let all Reno residents to be aware of Dr. Lafferty's practice and her policies. First, she charged my medical insurance for procedures I did not recieve. Then when I complained, she added it to my credit report as unpaid. Then a few years later

|  Dr Linda Lafferty Bad Reno Doctor!  |  show details
by ZaneDurant at Citysearch on Jul 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I want to let all Reno residents to be aware of Dr. Lafferty`s practice and her policies. First, she charged my medical insurance for procedures I did not recieve. Then when I complained, she added it to my credit report as unpaid. Then a few years later I requested my records for another doctor, and she told be they threw my records out... but I still owe them money.

by jbarnes0606 on Jul 14th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have NEVER in my life been treated so poorly by a "professional" office. The front receptionist Maria is the most unpleasant disrespectful woman I have ever enountered. I was expected to know medical office protocal and when I had questions, her respons

|  Rude  |  show details
by jbarnes0606 at Citysearch on Jul 14th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have NEVER in my life been treated so poorly by a ""professional"" office. The front receptionist Maria is the most unpleasant disrespectful woman I have ever enountered. I was expected to know medical office protocal and when I had questions, her responses were always just repeated, unhelpful information. Not only have I told my mother to switch to another doctors office, I will tell everyone I encounter about my horrid interactions with the front office and the quack of a nurse practitioner that work there. I work in a well networked field and have no problem getting the word out.

by tulleigh on Jun 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  IS THERE REALLY A DOCTOR AT THAT PRACTICE  |  show details
by tulleigh at Citysearch on Jun 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I had the same experience - I even wondered if there IS a Dr. Lafferty. The receptionists are brief & rather unfriendly. The whole office works at a rapid pace, which makes you feel as if you are shuffled along so they can get to the next patient. I will have my records transferred to a new GP. This office is an unpleasant experience. Nothing warm and friendly about it. There are plenty of adequate, friendly GP`s willing to see you. Dr. Lafferty must not need the money.

by kitchenwitch62 on Mar 13th, 2008 on citysearch.com

As a patient of Dr Lafferty's office for over 2 years, I can tell you honestly I wouldn't recommend her for ANYTHING. I have NEVER seen the Dr during any of my appointments. She refused to call us when my husband was hospitalized on two seperate occacions

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Dr lafferty`s office is an atrocity to medical profession  |  show details
by kitchenwitch62 at Citysearch on Mar 13th, 2008 on citysearch.com

As a patient of Dr Lafferty`s office for over 2 years, I can tell you honestly I wouldn`t recommend her for ANYTHING. I have NEVER seen the Dr during any of my appointments. She refused to call us when my husband was hospitalized on two seperate occacions, and now her office has over charged us for TEN office visit co-pays and refuses to address it in a timely fashion we won`t recieve a refund for 7 days. I think her office is an atrocity to medical practice. We`re moving to another Dr who has excellent reviews. I advise anyone thinking of using this office to RUN.

by shadowsfamily on Nov 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

My entire family has gone to her for years. About 3 years ago I had ENT problems. Didn't see the doctor for about 9 months, then she just said I am going to send you to a ENT Doc. Why would it take so long to have her come and see me from the beginning. Y

|  Staff has alot to be desired  |  show details
by shadowsfamily at Citysearch on Nov 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

My entire family has gone to her for years. About 3 years ago I had ENT problems. Didn`t see the doctor for about 9 months, then she just said I am going to send you to a ENT Doc. Why would it take so long to have her come and see me from the beginning. You almost have to Request to see DR Lafferty. My daughter has yet to see the \"\"Doctor\"\" mostly nurse practioners when going for a skin problem. She did not have the same NP everytime. They would read her chart Perscribe another med and send us on our way. After the third time I asked for a referral, the staff actually seemed mad that I wanted to go to someone else. We are also changing doctors.

by fivestarhd on Jul 23rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

I can't take it any more. Her staff actually lies to the patients. Too bad for such a nice Doctor. She has been my family doctor for many years, sadly I am leaving.

|  Nice Doctor...Very Poor Staff  |  show details
by fivestarhd at Citysearch on Jul 23rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

I can`t take it any more. Her staff actually lies to the patients. Too bad for such a nice Doctor. She has been my family doctor for many years, sadly I am leaving.

|  Doctor was nice when she was working, Staff needs some work  |  show details
by hemptress at Citysearch on Feb 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

Unfortunately didnt get to see the ""doctor"" in the last 3 years. The office visits were sparce, but always had to deal with a nurse practitioner instead. As far as the staff, I am not able to explain verbally how unpleasant the experience was each time. Hope to have better luck with another physician and staff.

by hemptress on Feb 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

Unfortunately didnt get to see the "doctor" in the last 3 years. The office visits were sparce, but always had to deal with a nurse practitioner instead. As far as the staff, I am not able to explain verbally how unpleasant the experience was each time.

|  Doctor Great...Staff Not So Great...  |  show details
by bugmenot1 at Citysearch on Mar 2nd, 2005 on citysearch.com

I think my title says it all...Dr. Lafferty is wonderful, but her staff isn`t...

by bugmenot1 on Mar 2nd, 2005 on citysearch.com

I think my title says it all...Dr. Lafferty is wonderful, but her staff isn't...