Addiction Medicine Specialist, Adolescent Specialist, Psychiatrist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 11th, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Low's for years so I can give a very thorough review. Her practice has now closed, I'm not sure if she retired or lost her license but she is no longer at her Melville office. I have been on a maintenance medication for years which she was prescribing and I CANNOT be off of and upon closing her practice, gave me piece of paper with another Doctor that "takes insurance" and prescribes the particular medication and found out after calling that the Doctor she referred WASNT accepting new patients. I was left in the hospital sick as a dog because of this. The wait time in her office varied, some days you'd go in and wait 30 mins, other days i had waited almost three hours. She always double booked appointments and she would make appointments for 6:00 and wouldn't even show up until 7:00 at times. As far as prescribing narcotics and "addicts" in her care, Umm obviously!! She is an addiction psychiatrist. She treats people with addictions. Don't even bother trying to access your medical records. Every piece of paper you need from her she will charge you for. Including lost scripts. She will give you medical advice and then two months later tell you the exact opposite. Making appointments can be a pain. I was running out of meds and had to wait over a week for an appointment and then the day of I get a call saying that she's stuck out East and won't be in. The office is horrible with returning calls. And yes, they ONLY took cash. Even if you're two dollars short, you better find an ATM or reschedule.

by Vk on Feb 4th, 2015

Listened to what I had to say and I didn't feel rushed

Jan 29th, 2015

Dr Low is a pill pushing lackey of the drug cartel . She miss prescribed medications. Would not forward needed medical records which she would illegally charge a fee and then not fore fill her obligation! In a nut shell I question her abilities as a professional anything not alone a doctor!

Ugh. Don't Book an Appointment! show details Ugh. Don't Book an Appointment!
by John Doe on Aug 27th, 2014

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. She is very unkind, dull, and disinterested. Her receptionists are of a similar caliber in that they don't seem to care at all. Dr. Low does not make eye contact during sessions, which I find to be rude. It is also very difficult to get an appointment. Also, IF you do happen to get an appointment, you need to pay the co-pay in cash which is absolutely ridiculous! I didn't have cash on me so the receptionist forced me to go to a nearby ATM. I would suggest looking elsewhere because this woman is horrible! You're BETTER OFF with someone more qualified and professional in the mental health field.

Unprofessional, uncaring, rude, drug doctor show details Unprofessional, uncaring, rude, drug doctor
Jul 16th, 2014

Linda Low is nothing but a scam artist. She seems kind and courteous on the intake and spends time with you, but after that all she cares about is the money. She simply writes you a script the second you get into her office (after waiting for an hour or more) and sends you on your way. Intake was great, waited only a half an hour and got to spend 45 mins with her. Every visit after that I waited OVER AN HOUR. The longest I waited was two hours and 15 minutes. I started asking people in the waiting room what time their appointments were. THREE other people had the same appointment time as me. Which could explain the extreme lack of organization and long wait. It's quite clear to see she is also treating addicts. I had to sit near a woman who was harassing my every move, who was clearly on narcotics. She went into the Dr's office and was on her merry way. The one time that I did speak to the ''DR'' about the wait time, rather than being sympathetic and understanding- she basically told me if I don't like it to go somewhere else. You can only pay the copay in cash, clearly a little fishy. I would never in a million years send anybody with any type of mental health issues to a doctor like this. It's quite sad that somebody can go through that much school to become such an unkind, uncourteous and down right low life 'doctor'. She definitely needs to be placed under investigation and I'm sure they would uncover some clues. She may look the part, but after a couple of visits you will see that every statement I have made is completely valid. Wouldn't go back to a dr like this if you paid me, nor would I recommend her to anybody actually looking for services.

Don't bother show details Don't bother
Aug 26th, 2013

Very hard to get an appointment. Secretaries are rude and incompetent. I was a patient and am looking for another dr at this moment. I am running out of medication that you cannot stop taking and they could care less.

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
Aug 6th, 2013

She give meds out too easy very sad.. Here take this one take that one..she should be reported .. Gives anyone who comes through the door and ends up having the patient addicted so they have to come back.. Please she is awful .. Help she should be reported ..

Jul 13th, 2012

I was tired of feeling anxious and depressed. Kept on getting the medications that didn't seem to do much.

Mar 5th, 2012

Dr. Low us very thorough and listens to my concerns pertaining to my medications. A very clean professional work environment, I haveBeen a patient of hers for about a year. I highly recommend her. Chris S

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 29th, 2012

Had a good overall experience with thisDoctor. She listens well, and spent alot of time undoing medications and found ones that worked for me. Nice clean office, convienent location. Would definately recommend this Doctor.

good doc show details good doc
Nov 22nd, 2011

Spends tons of time, listens.

Somewhat of a crook on the co-pays show details Somewhat of a crook on the co-pays
Jan 17th, 2011

Has screwed up my prescriptions 3 times. Forces me to pay a copay to have my new prescription done every time. Only accepts cash for co-pay, not reporting it on taxes.

Oct 11th, 2010

Told by other people the wait was going to be long. Actually it wasnt bad, I waited for 20 minutes. I had alot to go over so I didnt mind getting in there after awhile. I happen to be a therapist and I liked that she tried to be through even though it was a first visit.

Aug 15th, 2010

great doctor. she really listens.finally got on the right medicationsand feel much better.

Aug 12th, 2010

I did not like the medications I was on so I went to different doctors. Now I'm doind OK. I could have saved myself the trouble by coming to this doctor earlier.

Never again show details Never again
Jul 13th, 2010

Beside manner made me seek treatment in a whole other state...

Jun 12th, 2010

Been having trouble with my medications as they were making me have side effects. Tried to get some help in finding out what was wrong with them. Glad I didn't give up and got an evaluation from this Doctor. I'm finally feeling myself again. Feel great.

good visit show details good visit
by family is happy on May 7th, 2010

brought in my mother who was depressed. her previous doctor just kept on giving her more and more medications and she wasn't doing well and was still not sleeping. I was getting tired of all those doctor visits and not getting the right help. this was really the last straw. after the third visit my mother really is looking better. so this is good now.

Rude and Apathetic - Should not be treating people show details Rude and Apathetic - Should not be treating people
by D B on Mar 17th, 2010

During my first consultation I was a little disgusted by the state of the office. It was completely disorganized and felt unclean. Dr. Low was rude, unfriendly and completely insulting. I walked out of the consultation and will now be attemptoing to get my copay back.

Oct 15th, 2009

Waiting time was really over 2 hours, I HAVE A LIFE!!

Mar 10th, 2009

This md is not for those who are seeking help. She is not reachable at all. Her office hours are short, and she doesn't follow up.