Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 26th, 2016

Dr. Motsch is very personable and makes you feel like she genuinely cares. Very happy I made the switch over to her.

Sep 30th, 2015

Dr. Motsch is wonderfull but her staff at the front desk is horrible. Plan on long hold times and have your ducks aligned if calling office.

Apr 21st, 2015

I have been seeing her for 12 years and would not want to change.

Had Enough show details Had Enough
by Loretta on Apr 20th, 2015

I have been a patient for at least 10 years and only visit when absolutely necessary. The staff is incompetent, rude and do not fully listen or seem to really understand what you say or ask of them. They and the dr seem uncaring and unwilling to help. I have been unable to get requested or required paperwork; FMLA, pre-op Exams or even appointment schedule call backs. Dr Motsch Has other doctors available at her location but is unwilling to approve seeing them even when she's not available , which is quite often. I am always told to go to urgent care. When I try to insist on being seen, recently for an ear infection and today my back has gone out, I was told they had to get her approval to see other dr there because she's booked n will call me back. I doubt I will get a call back. For the ear infection on a Thursday, she would not approve me seeing the other available dr and I was told she said I could wait til the following Monday to see her. I ended up at urgent care that night. I have requested FMLA paperwork in the past and called n called daily to make sure it be faxed in by deadline only to get asked same questions over n over and then the day after deadline they called again n said Dr Motsch had further questions b4 she could fill it out! Prior to a surgery I needed a pre-op exam for my heart and my gynecologist asked if Dr Motsch could do it. Had to b done week prior to surgery. I requested it 2 weeks ahead. They called two days b4 surgery to schedule. Needless to say, I found other means thru gynecologist of getting it done. Dr Motsch and her staff are worthless in my opinion . I've called a new general practitioner today for my future care.

Feel Worthwhile Elsewhere show details Feel Worthwhile Elsewhere
by Former Patient on Sep 4th, 2014

I thought it was just me, but apparently I'm not the only person that was really turned off by this doctor. I left feeling quite insignificant, like there are so many more important things she would rather do than see me for a mere five mins. Only saw her once and changed PCPs immediately afterward.

If you value your life seek medical treatment elsewhere! show details If you value your life seek medical treatment elsewhere!
by Sherry on May 23rd, 2014

The absolute worst doctor I have ever been too. Prior to choosing Dr. Motsch for my primary I was being treated for diabetes, high cholesterol, copd and emphysema. Dr. Motsch took me off ALL meds. When I complained to her about my breathing she sent me for an x-ray. Her office called with the results a week later stating my lungs where normal but my heart was enlarged...NOTHING more, no follow up, NOTHING! I've always felt ignored by this doctor but after reading these reviews I better find myself a new doctor. I always found her to be a narcissistic uncaring person who was simply there for the money, she didn't seem to care about anyone but herself and clearly I am not the only one who feels this way.

Mar 28th, 2014

I have been a patient for over 5 years. Dr. M is distant, and you have the feeling she can't wait to leave. She rarely touches, or examines closely. She hears what she thinks she needs, and leaves. A nurse does the follow-up - prescriptions, referrals, etc. I have often spent as little as 5 min, with her, very often. I feel that she doesn't really care or want to be there.

by Mickey on Nov 1st, 2013

I have always felt discouraged after an apt with Dr. M - acts like I am wasting her time, asks why you are there, may comment, or not, then leaves the room. Used to stand at the door with file in her arms, never, never touched me or asked questions, just heard the complaint and left the room. From there on it was off to specialists who would do the job for her. Will see someone else next.

Jan 13th, 2012

Horrible office would not recommend going there at all. I came in and explained to the doctor my symptoms, I talked for about 10 minutes. After my explanation, she said two words to me and then left without saying bye or anything then her assistant came in and gave me bloodwork papers. The front office people are also very rude. When I came in for my appointment no one even noticed me or said anything until this one girl came over to the window and asked if I was seen, I said no and then proceeded to check me in. I decided to get my blood work done there...they called me for my results and said everything was normal. When I called to get more information the lady who answered was very rude and the things she was saying had me in disbelief. Very unprofessional and they do not care an ounce about your needs. NEVER going there again.

Aug 3rd, 2011

Doctor Motsch was EXCELLENT. She is very caring and genuine. She listened to my symptoms and made an accurate diagnosis. I reccomend her to my family and friends.

Jun 12th, 2011

She is the worst! Took 3 months to get results from lab work even after leaving messages everyday. Oh, and when I did get a call back it was from a different doctor in the practice.

Bad Experience show details Bad Experience
Jan 25th, 2011

This doctor spent less than 5 minutes with me. I was recently diagnosed with a strep infections, no culture was done, and prescribed an antibiotic, Levaquin. Previously, I had a very bad reaction to an antibiotic in the same class. Dr. assured me it was safe. She did not inform me of serious side effects on FDA's black box warning. She did not offer alternatives. Her prescription sent me to the ER in an ambulance and 2 months later I am still suffering from painful side effects. She did not take responsibilty for her error and then proceeded to recommend that I combine over the counter pain medications with prescription anti-inflammatory, even though the pharmacist specifically told me not to combine these meds. I will not return. This entire fiasco could have been avoided if she had taken 5 minutes to do a strep test.

Dr. Motsch show details Dr. Motsch
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr. Motsch is awesome. I would (and do)recommend her to everyone.

Rude Staff show details Rude Staff
Feb 1st, 2010

The front desk staff's bottom line is - show me the money - don't care about your time, don't care about your problems. Calling people honey and sweetie is very unprofessional. Doctor spent less than 5 minutes after I waited 35 to see her. Will not return.

taking your temperature is not "standard" at her office show details taking your temperature is not "standard" at her office
Oct 27th, 2009

don't expect them to check your temperature when you go in with a fever and complain of fatigue. it's not " a standard part of our practice" in her words. also, the cdc does not want them to check every single patient for the flu..because they are backed up. well, if you can't give every patient excellent care all the time...don't become a doctor.