Orthopaedic Surgeon

by Bruce Bruzina on Nov 1st, 2015

I am very fortunate to have found Linda to do my partial knee replacements. She is very knowledgeable, confident, and experienced. She takes the time to explain to you exactly what needs to be done to correct the problem. After 2 months I have full knee function w/o pain!

Quality of life ! show details Quality of life !
by Diane Dickson on Oct 29th, 2015

Relieved me from the BONE ON BONE pain that I had on a daily basis. I could not enjoy any of my daily activities ( gardening, walking, etc ) I had a PARTIAL knee replacement. The pain is totally gone. I am back on my feet. Cant wait to get back to my life again.

by M.B.C. on Oct 19th, 2015

Linda is one of the finest physicians that I have ever been treated by in my 63 years. She did two full knee transplants three weeks apart on me and had me rehabilitated and happily and functionally released from her care in four months. I cannot more highly recommend her surgical skills, her staff and their dedicated concern for their patients.

by geri m on Sep 23rd, 2015

I am a 65 year old woman that suffered with knee pain on and off for years. I had heard so many stories of knee surgeries; so good some not so good that I was very leery about have my knee checked. When I finally could not take the pain any longer I talked to my internist who immediately referred me to Dr Linda Rasmussen at the Windward Orthopedic Group. Dr Rasmussen was so reassuring and made me feel very comfortable. We discussed my options and decided on MAKOplasty to do a partial knee replacement. Once surgery was completed with just an overnight stay in the hospital I started physical therapy a couple days after surgery. After a month in therapy I now have almost full motion back in my knee and have even started bowling again. i am so please that I had this procedure done and am grateful to have had Dr Rasmussen as my physician

Best Knee Replacement Orthopedist Ever!!!! show details Best Knee Replacement Orthopedist Ever!!!!
by Deborah L Wagner, RDH on Sep 16th, 2015

Great MD with a gift and talent for knees(my only experience) but if I needed any other orthopedic surgery, Dr Rasmussen would come to mind. She has an excellent understanding of her "Art" and ability to manage her routines for effective healing!!!!Great Staff, Great Hospital(Castle) and great Physical Therapist Tracy Villager!!!

Amazing Doctor! show details Amazing Doctor!
by Nicole on Aug 27th, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen is simply amazing! Love her hugs! I went to her for a second opinion cause I was experiencing lots of pain from prior hip surgeries and was receiving no help or answers from the previous doctor .. But thankfully on my first visit with Dr. Rasmussen she only seen me for a few minutes and she had an idea of what was wrong .. after getting a bone scan done it came back that my hip never healed from any of the surgeries .. She was spot on with her diagnosis .. After being informed of my situation she got me in right away for a total hip replacement surgery .. Which was super wonderful cause I was in so much pain! I was also super freaked out at first cause I am only 26 and I had already under gone two unsuccessful hip surgeries before! But she and her nurses answered any questions I had which was a big deal to me cause I was very scared and unsure about everything! I even did research on her which brought me here and reading some of the posts I felt that she was the doctor for me! After the surgery when I finally came to .. The first thing I noticed was I wasn't in as much pain as before .. The only pain I felt was the soreness from the incision .. I also noticed my legs were even again which was a big deal to me! I was and still am amazed at how much I can do already now that I am fixed! All I can say is she is amazing at what she does!! And I feel like my old self again! Its all thanks to her and her team! I recommend her 100% if anyone is in need of help!

by Mike Lauriano on Aug 16th, 2015

I've lived with knee pains for years and when it started to dictate my activities, I decided to have a total knee replacement. Being a big person, I never thought I would be walking without any pain and slowly I'm regaining my life again. Don't make excuses of body weight or it's too late, you WILL be happy camper.

An Exceptional Doctor and Surgeon. HIGHLY Recommended. show details An Exceptional Doctor and Surgeon. HIGHLY Recommended.
by Louise K. on Jul 18th, 2015

I am 87 years old. A few weeks ago I had complete right hip replacement surgery with Dr. Rasmussen. Before the surgery I had alot of pain and mobility issues. Since the surgery, I've had no pain. Also, I haven't worried about the possibility of my hip breaking. I'm walking much better now. Having an hour of surgery is worth it- just to get rid of the pain. Now I'm a new woman.

My Miracle Doctor show details My Miracle Doctor
by JoAnn on Jul 4th, 2015

Dr. Linda Rasmussen is incredible. An incredible woman, doctor, surgeon, & person. She is someone who really, really cares about her patients and wants to provide them with the solutions they need to help them get their lives back & live it to it’s fullest. She gave me back my life. My name is JoAnn & I am 48 years old. I had been told by another doctor that I was too young to have knee replacement surgery even though I needed one because I had no cartilage left & was grinding bone against bone for at least the past 8 years. He said I had to wait until I was in my 60’s, because the replacement only lasted maybe 10-15 years before I would probably need another replacement again. So, I guess he must of felt I wasn’t worth the effort? I trusted what he said, I believed him. So sadly, I accepted the fact, or what I thought was fact at the time, that I would have to wait until I was in my 60’s. I was only in my early 40’s then. So, actually, I literally decided I was just waiting to die. I figured at the rate I was going, I would be lucky if I made it to my 50’s, let alone my 60’s! But then, in 2013,on October 07th, our first grandchild was born. It was a beautiful baby girl! Oh my goodness how precious it is to have a grandchild! I had asked the Lord many times for a grandchild, partly because that was the only thing that would make me want to stay. Otherwise, I would rather just go home already & be free from the pain, misery, depression & feeling of uselessness I was living because of my knee. So, when we brought her home, I painfully walked the halls & rooms of our home when she was crying and just wanted to be held and carried. Sometimes I would hum or sing to her & other times I cried, telling her I was sorry the walking was so bumpy because Gramma’s knee was sore. Everyday I would painfully pay a price because I loved my granddaughter. When she finally started walking and wanted t go outside, everyone else could take her, but I couldn’t. I tried. I could barely make it to the corner of our street. We only live three houses from the corner. I would struggle & push myself from time to time, but the pain was just too much and the exertion left me fighting to breathe. I was exhausted. She sounded so happy when someone took her walking or to play outside, laughing & squealing with joy. I felt left out. I was missing out on some of the most treasurable moments & memories, all because of my knee! This couldn’t be what the Lord meant for me when He blessed me with my precious granddaughter. There had to be something that someone could do to help me. Someone out there who cared, could bring me my miracle and help heal me. For me, that person is Dr. Linda Rasmussen. From my very first visit to her at the Windward Orthopedic Group on April 02, 2015 I was totally impressed. She is a bubbly, energetic, confident, no-nonsense kind of person who is full of genuine compassion, love & heart to serve others with her time, knowledge, skill & everything that she is about. She is truly exceptional. She had me lie down to check the bending & straightening of my knee. And also check my hip too. She had the x-ray technician take some x-rays of both my knees. Right there in that office! Right at the end of the hall! Like, right now! And in the blink of an eye she was showing my husband & I my x-rays. She said I needed a total knee replacement, when did I want to do it? My husband practically burst out “when is the soonest you can do it?” I think she gave me the option of Mon. 4/6/2015 or Fri. 4/10/2015. That was really quick to me. I was a bit nervous. Actually I was incredulous. Was this really going to happen? Was I going to be able to walk normally again, free of pain? Able to take my granddaughter walking, to the park, anything she wants to do? Really? Oh my goodness, I was going to live. We decided to schedule the surgery for Friday May 1, 2015 at Castle Medical Center. Another incredible & exceptional place filled with exceptional people who really, genuinely care about you. I think I remember seeing the clock in the operating room say 11:11 am. Next thing I know I’m in recovery & then brought up to my own private room in the Joint Care Unit. The staff gets you up & walking the very same day, the pain is not so bad on Fri. & Sat. because of the epidural. Plus you have medication for the pain. Dr. Rasmussen checks on you, personally, every day you are in the hospital to make sure of how you are doing. She sends you flowers. She provides a little luncheon for all her surgery patients in the group physical therapy room on Saturday, so you all eat together & see how everyone is doing. While you are there you are given PT exercises to do already, even before your outpatient PT. Do them. They are very, very extremely important in how you will progress, gain strength, gain range of motion & to me it also helps manage the pain & swelling. Doing 10 repetitions of the 7 PT exercises they give you a handout for, 3 times a day is what I did. Take your time. Do them slowly. It only takes about 20 min. to do them. It is so worth it. I took my pain meds maybe about 30 min. before PT. Push yourself. Don’t be afraid. You cannot hurt yourself (your prosthesis or your surgery sight) by pushing yourself in PT. I believe, how often you do PT makes a huge difference in how quickly you recover, gain strength & range of motion & are able to feel normal, ready to live again. Make sure you schedule your outpatient PT as soon as possible! I think Castle Medical Center’s outpatient Physical therapy dept. is the best place you could possibly go to for your PT. They know Dr. Rasmussen’s patients & know what she wants them to do. I was very blessed to be given Mr. Kelly Matsuura as my therapist. He knows how to work with you, guide you, encourage you, help you challenge yourself & achieve the best results. By faithfully doing my PT both at home & at Castle I was able to progress at a pretty good pace. My 1st visit I used a wheelchair & a walker. 2nd visit, a walker & Kelly had me try out using a cane. 3rd visit, just a cane & if I remember right, he also taught me how to do the stairs, both up & down with the cane. I probably stopped using the cane by my 4th or 5th visit, walking all the way from the parking lot to rehab on my own. By 2 weeks after my surgery I was able to drive myself to PT and I live in Hawaii Kai. Kelly gives you more PT exercises as you go along & you will gain strength, range motion (bending your knee back), straightening of your knee, balance, stability & confidence. By the day before my 4th week surgery anniversary, I was able to walk from Dr.Rasmussen’s parking lot to her office, on my own. I was able to straighten my leg to make my knee totally flat, maybe 0-2 degrees. I had full range of motion, I could bend my knee up while lying down to 123 degrees & also back so that my calf touched the back of my thigh while standing. Incredible. In only 4 weeks I was able to walk around the block, not only on my own but also while carrying my granddaughter, who is 24lbs. On May 24th our middle daughter had her wedding at Foster Botanical Gardens. I walked, with a cane, to the site they had chosen & sat in a chair to watch & listen to the ceremony. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. I’m alive! I am going to live after all! I’m ready to keep up with my granddaughter as I treasure each moment as she grows up. With Dr. Linda Rasmussen, you couldn’t be in better hands. And at Castle Medical Center too. Their motto is: “Exceptional Medicine by Exceptional People”. So true, so true. All these people truly are exceptional. So to me, at Castle, being exceptional is more like the “rule of thumb” rather than the “exception to the rule.” Thank you Castle. And thank you Dr. Rasmussen. I would never have been able to achieve any of this, if it wasn’t for you. You really did give me my life back, even better. I’m going to live! Thank you.

Partial knee replacement show details Partial knee replacement
May 27th, 2015

Great Doc and great Surgeon, my surgery went perfect. Had a partial knee replacement done and I have other health issues – x3 prior back surgeries (by other Docs) & have “drop foot” as a result of the back issues. Even with these issues I had no problem the partial knee replacement on the same leg as the “drop foot”. Been out x1 month and I am ready to go back to work. I work night shift at a major hospital and run the supply department on night shift solo. Dr. Rasmussen is a great Doc and I highly recommend her to anyone with arthritis in the knee, I am also 50 yrs old.

Stop living with hip pain! show details Stop living with hip pain!
by Christopher Shuck on May 23rd, 2015

I'm 39 and from Big Island. I weighed 270 at surgery and I'm 6'0". I had been in pain for 8 years and had been told by other docs that I would "need to wait". I was in so much pain and on major painkillers. Dr. Rasmussen did a thorough exam, reviewed my history, and told me she could help. Surgery for total hip replacement was a little over a week later. By day 3 I already had less pain than before the surgery. I think Dr. Rasmussen is an excellent doc and would highly recommend her to anyone. Dont wait! Get your life back...I'm glad I did.

Apr 21st, 2015

Never told me my MRI results for weeks.

Apr 21st, 2015

She is an excellent, no nonsense but super caring doctor.

Hip Replacement show details Hip Replacement
by Tumua T. on Apr 15th, 2015

I am a 57 yr old male , athletic and in good shape. For over a year I ad this nagging pain in my back area and my right leg. At one time I felt my groin was constantly sore but I didn't pull it running or anything. I was constantly limping and soon I began lifting my leg with my arms as I got into my car. Eventually I was in pain daily and walked with a limp. My family doctor referred me to Dr. Linda Rasmussen. I explained my symptoms and how my groin was sore and so forth. She did some physical checking of my leg and range of motion. She knew it was my hip but wanted to make sure via X-rays. It was confirmed my right hip was damaged due to arthritis and probably wear and tear from my football career (played in the NFL and CFL for a total of 7 years, as well as college and high school). Dr. Rasmussen informed me I needed to have hip replacement surgery. At first I delayed from having it, for one reason or another. So months passed and I was in constant pain. Finally one day I had enough. I was to young to be limping around. I went and had surgery with Dr. Rasmussen. Dr. Rasmussen was a Godsend....not only are her skills as a surgeon fantastic her personality and character are great. She made me feel so comfortable, and so at home. It felt as if we were close friends. She answered all my concerns and questions. Told me everything that was going to be done. She had this real caring concern for my welfare. I was totally at ease. The surgery came and it was over before I knew it. Spent the night for observations and was discharged the next day. For the next week it felt as if I got kicked in the butt by a horse. But after less than 2 weeks it subsided. I was walking without crutches and I was back at work 19 days after total hip surgery. I should have done this surgery a year ago. I recommend Dr. Rasmussen to everyone who needs surgery. She has a passion for her talents. I say this because of the way she has the patients best interests in mind. She takes the extra step and is really concerned for her patient. Man, I feel great!!!

by Janet Larrucea on Apr 13th, 2015

I liked this Dr. right off the bat. Her genuine smile and friendliness comes through. she doesn't act like many other doctors. She is open and knowledgeable. She operated on my knee successfully and every contact with her was a pleasure.

So glad Dr Linda Rasmussen had a seminar on Maui (when in pain board the plane) show details So glad Dr Linda Rasmussen had a seminar on Maui (when in pain board the plane)
by Patricia Oliveira on Apr 7th, 2015

My orthepedic surgeon on Maui wanted me to wait 5 more years until I reached 65 years old, then I seen her ad in our local paper about a seminar she was having if you suffer from knee or hip pain. I suffered with knee pain for 8 years, did all the treatments my doctors recommended. Cordozone shots, celebrix, sinvest ... ect. All bandaids, they helped relieve pain for a short time, but the pain always came back. Dr Rasmussen didn't see any reason to make me suffer another 5 years and did a total knee replacement 7 months ago then 3 months later I had a partial knee replacement done. Started physical therapy right away, that was important, the therapists got me moving again. Dr Rasmussen has the greatest bedside manner. Even got roses after each surgery from her. She really cares about you. I would recommend her, and wish I would of found her sooner.

Apr 3rd, 2015

Kind and caring surgeon.

Retired show details Retired
by John Stonier on Mar 26th, 2015

I am a very active and healthy senior who has competed in many marathons, triathlons, cycling and ocean surf events. My training regimen once averaged running more than 60 miles, cycling 130 miles and swimming at least 8 miles a week. A year ago a wipeout on a very large wave evidentially damaged what normal socket I had left in my right hip. It took another eight months of steady and increasing pain to convince me to confess to my primary physician that I had a problem. Before my surgery the pain got so bad I couldn't walk to the end my 30 foot driveway to get the mail and newspaper. Immediately after surgery I had none of the pain I was experiencing before. After receiving hip replacement surgery recently I highly recommend Dr. Linda Rasmussen. Now, twelve weeks after surgery, I am surfing again and able to walk and hike like I did before. My golf is also getting back to the level of play that I was months ago, before the pain stopped me from playing. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for Dr. Rasmussen and her staff for a job well done. Thank you Dr. Rasmussen and everyone at Windward Orthopedic Group, and of course Castle Medical Center. Mahalo Johnny Stonier

by Kathy on Mar 26th, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen is a highly skilled, knowledgeable surgeon and a very kind human being. I have been plagued with a chronic condition called degenerative osteoarthritis after many years of an active lifestyle, jogging for 35 years, racquetball and martial arts. For the last 7 years I was pondering over the fact of either getting my hips and knees repaired or holding off as long as I can. I went to Dr. Rasmussen to get a second opinion and when I met her and had myself evaluated and with her recommendation I decided to do all my repairs. She is no ordinary orthopedic surgeon because she is very empathetic to my problems. Her beside manners are excellent. If I knew how easy the surgeries would be, I would have had these completed many years ago.

by June Udell on Mar 7th, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen Rocks! I discovered both knees had no cartilage and was experiencing burning pain. She helped me in one visit with an exercise and tips that made me go from tears to smiles. Love her!

knee replacement show details knee replacement
Feb 23rd, 2015

I just wish I would have know how long and hard the recovery is from Knee replacement, I am still in pain at 7 months, and not fully recovered.

Feb 17th, 2015

I am a 68 years old lady that could barely handle walking because of severe knee pains. I knew I had to have surgery but kept postponing it. My friend, who is an Operating Room Nurse Manager, recommended Dr. Rasmussen because she witnessed all the successful surgeries she worked on. After hearing about her successes, I decided to see Dr. Rasmussen. My first surgery to my left knee went smoothly and after only a month my family and friends were amazed at how quickly I recovered and immediately saw the difference in my mobility. Because I trusted Dr. Rasmussen and knew she would get the job done, just 3 months after my left knee surgery I returned to her to have surgery to my right knee. A month after my right knee surgery, I was able to walk without an assistive device. Thank you Dr. Rasmussen for your expertise, care, and support.

by David Root on Feb 11th, 2015

I am a 61 year old male. I'm a big guy. I was nervous about having a knee replaced but 3 1/2 weeks later I am amazed how much mobility I have with very little discomfort. Dr. Rasmussen has hand picked her staff. The entire experience at Castle Hospital's Joint Care unit was fantastic. Everyone to a person was really pleasant and could answer all of your questions. I cannot be more positive about the entire pre and post op care.

Feb 5th, 2015

I would highly recommend this Doctor and her caring staff...its all good!

by grannie annie on Jan 28th, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen knows her specialties and does them well! She is a no nonsense doctor and very confident in her skills in diagnosing the problem and subsequent surgery.

by Cj Baehr on Nov 22nd, 2014

Unfortunately I had to have two surgical procedures within 7 days, but the experience could not have been more pleasant - given the circumstances. First the knee for a torn meniscus, then a broken hip a few days later. But the entire staff at both the Orthopedic Group office and at Castle Hospital were superb. They were cheerful, helpful, skilled, and always pleasant. Dr. Rasmussen is a gem - and a joy - and you probably already know her reputation as a superb surgeon. She is that!

Makplasty procedure for both knees show details Makplasty procedure for both knees
Nov 10th, 2014

I had bone on bone in the medial section of both knees due to arthritis. Had Makoplasty procedure done by Dr, Rasmussen within a year of each other. Going to her seminar at Castle's Wellness center was the start of it all. Having her explain what the Makoplasty prociedure was and all that it involved made me decide to make an appointment with her. I'm so glad that I did. All went great from examination, diagnosis, surgery and recovery. I was so pleased with Dr. Rasmussen, her staff and all involved with my surgery, care and recovery. While at Castle, I noticed that controlling the pain during and after surgery was a priority. The level of comfort, care and compassion was superior. Recovery was so fast-----I was pleased to walk without the arthritic pain that plagued me for so long. I would highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen to anyone who's looking for an excellent and compassionate doctor. You do not feel rushed in her office and she spends quality time with you to answer all of your questions. She does her surgeries at Castle Hospital with her special staff that works with her so surgery went very smoothly in a timely manner. I was very very impressed. The care that I got at Castle Hospital too was superior. It was the best hospital stay for me even if it was for just one night.

sports med/joint replacement surgeon show details sports med/joint replacement surgeon
by T.Scott on Oct 30th, 2014

After suffering a stubborn lower leg sprain,I was very appreciative that Dr.Rasmussen was able to see me in a timely manner and was attentive to my needs.I have also had many friends and colleagues have favorable experiences with her professional care.Her particular expertise and reduced rehab time ,make her surgical talents shine.If ever I warranted invasive treatment ,I wouldn't hesitate to have her as my surgeon of choice!

again and again show details again and again
by carol on Oct 19th, 2014

I would choose this Dr again and again. After years of living with pain in my right hip, I fell and needed hip replacement. She has made it possible for me to walk without pain. She is my 5 ***** Dr. Thank you Dr Rasmussen.

Better than a knee replacement! show details Better than a knee replacement!
by Terry L. on Sep 23rd, 2014

Saw Dr R regarding a painful knee. After exam and x-rays, she diagnosed it immediately and scheduled arthroscopic surgery. The procedure was quick, painless and stress free. Dr R's follow up treatment was thorough and patient (I had some continuing discomfort). Bottom line: Linda is caring, professional and on top of her game. I'm very pleased with her. Be prepared for long waits and extra quarters in the parking meter. Dr. R's practice is very busy!

Memorable Experience show details Memorable Experience
by Elwood K. LIKE on Sep 5th, 2014

Dr. Linda Rasmussen was an excellent choice. From my first meeting with her in 2013, she walked through my options of my aching knee problem and explained the procedures available. Her caring demeanor and no nonesense attitude really helped me to return to her this year (2014) to take care of my knee problem. Again, although I was no longer a candidate for Mako Plasty, she explained how the total knee replacement operation would proceed. Her medical team has worked extensively together. She went into what to expect after the operation, recovery, rehab therapy, and most important, when I could go home. I have no doubt of her medical ability and experience and would glady recommend her to anyone. I always look forward to seeing her and getting that BIG HUG from her.

Hip Replacement success show details Hip Replacement success
by Kazuko L. on Aug 20th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen is wonderful. She is kind, professional and skillful. I am so grateful for her help.

Exemplary! show details Exemplary!
by Cj Baehr on Jul 17th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen was recommended by my Primary Care Physician at Straub as being the best, and turned out to be just that. She and the office staff were astonishingly receptive to my schedule and situation. The arthroscopic meniscal procedure was accomplished at Castle Hospital efficiently and with excellent support from all. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Rasmussen.

Jul 7th, 2014

Excellent!

Knee replacement surgery show details Knee replacement surgery
Jul 4th, 2014

Being 71 years of age, weighing 233 pounds with an arthritic knee, the idea of knee replacement surgery just scared me. But, Dr. Rasmussen's friendly and caring personality gave me the confidence to go ahead with the surgery. She is the best in her profession and I highly recommend her to whoever is contemplating having knee surgery.

Partial Mayko show details Partial Mayko
by Steph Hinshaw on Jun 13th, 2014

I am thrilled with my surgery results. I was up and walking, with crutches, the day after surgery. Down to one crutch by the following week. It's been 20 days since my surgery and I am walking on my own and along with my physical therapy I have already exceeded my range of motion goals! : ) Can't wait to go on hikes again!

by Gail Barker on May 3rd, 2014

Excellent manner, excellent care, courteous, direct, caring, excellent diagnostician, excellent follow-up....perfectly aligned my husbands hip after an emergency hemi-hip replacement due to a fall and broken hip. We cannot recommend someone more highly!

by M. Jones on Apr 16th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen wasn't like my other orthopedic doctor who wouldn't even consider knee surgery for me because I was 'too young'. I was ecstatic after hearing that my age would not stop her from performing knee surgery if I needed it. In Aug 2013, I had makoplasty on my right knee; Mar 2014 I had a total knee replacement on my left knee. Having the total replacement was a lot easier for me. I knew what to expect after having my right knee done. 'She's the best' is what I'm always told when asked who my doctor is, and I totally agree. Thank you, doc, for giving me the chance to walk normal again...no more limping and pain.

knee replacement show details knee replacement
by ChrisB on Apr 13th, 2014

I'm 89 years old and have been needing a new knee for the past 30 years. Dr. Rasmussen was professional and compassionate and I couldn't be happier with my new knee! It's been 5 months now and I can do things I haven't been able to do in years. I wish I had this done a long time ago. I was concerned going through with this at my age but it was absolutely the best decision I made! I feel like I've gained years of my life back! I actually came from the mainland to have this procedure so that I could recuperate with family and I'm so glad I was able to find someone willing to work with me! From my appointments at her office to the hospital experience at Castle I can't say enough good things about my experience. Thank you!

MakoPlasty Knee Surgery show details MakoPlasty Knee Surgery
by Brenda H. on Apr 9th, 2014

As you can imagine, I was apprehensive about undergoing knee replacement surgery. I can honestly say that from the very beginning Dr. Rasmussen and her staff made the process as smooth as can be expected with major surgery. The MakoPlasty surgery and the recovery is amazing. It has been only three weeks since my surgery and I am already walking with a cane (and that is only for stability). Yesterday, I scheduled surgery for my left knee. I am excited to finally be arthritis free and pain free for the first time in five and a half years!! I highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen and her office and hospital staff.

Dr. Rasmussen is the best! show details Dr. Rasmussen is the best!
by Lilikala Kameeleihiwa on Mar 4th, 2014

I had 2 total knee replacements and ended the terrible suffering that I had endured fro over a year. Dr. Rasmussen is compassionate, straight forward in her discussion, and will answer all of your questions. More than that, she is an excellent surgeon! She took less than an hour to do my knee replacement! Now that I can walk again, I am so grateful to Dr. Rasmussen for making the whole experience so wonderful. She is the best!

Hip Surgery show details Hip Surgery
by Kuuipo Woolsey on Feb 14th, 2014

The surgery went amazingly. I felt no pain after the procedure and was able to walk with a walker the same day. The healing and recovery time was short. I felt confident in Dr. Rasmussen's skills and abilities. I would highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen to others.

by FritzB on Feb 5th, 2014

Doctor Rasmussen, her surgical team and Castle Hospital’s medical staff could not have performed better. My experience for both of my hip replacements could not have gone better. From my first visit to my post surgery appointment, Dr. Rasmussen and her staff were very professional and caring.

by Joaquin A. on Dec 6th, 2013

Aside from a successful MAKOplasty, what I appreciate the most about Dr. Rasmussen is her sincerity and genuine interst in my case/outcome. I recommend her to family, friends and occaisional strangers.

Mahalo Dr. Rasmussen, staff, and Castle Hospital show details Mahalo Dr. Rasmussen, staff, and Castle Hospital
by P.H. on Dec 5th, 2013

I had bad lower back pain for years and walking(limping) in pain became a big problem. I almost went to a spine surgeon. Then one of my hips got very sore and very bad. Dr. Rasmussen replaced my bad hip, everything went fine. No pain in my hip after surgery. With my new hip, my lower BACK is much better again too, and I can walk much better now. My new hip is better than my other hip. I walk about 2 miles every day again, after hardly walking at all before the surgery. If my other hip goes bad and needs replacement, I'll go back to Dr. Rasmussen!!

Top-notch show details Top-notch
by Richard B. on Nov 22nd, 2013

Dr. Rasmussen was recommended to me by several friends, and I'm glad I listened to them. She is very down-to-earth, and really listens to your questions and concerns. Both my wife and I immediately felt comfortable with her. My surgery (total knee replacement) was about 3-1/2 weeks ago, and I'm recovering rapidly--walking is almost normal now, going up stairs is no problem, coming down stairs still requires a little concentration. I highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen.

MAKOplasty procedure July 1, 2013 show details MAKOplasty procedure July 1, 2013
Jul 17th, 2013

Dr. Linda Rasmussen is not only a master surgeon. Her confidence is contagious and her team of nurses, nursing assistants and physical therapists all helped to speed up my recovery. I have complete trust in her judgement. She won me over when she said that she's a "farm girl". In my book, that means "problem solver"!

Orthopedic surgery show details Orthopedic surgery
by Carol D. on Jun 21st, 2013

Pioneering the use of Makoplasty on the island of Oahu, Dr. Linda Rasmussen has given me hope of living pain free! I have suffered from osteoarthritis in both of my knees for well over 2 years. I have endured painful cortisone shots pretty much every 6 months to help control the pain. At a visit to her office in April, she seemed excited to tell me about the new Makoplasty partial replacement surgery now available on our island. Prior to this, she had always discouraged me from surgery, explaining that if I could wait, things were changing in a good way as far as surgical methods. I always respected the fact that she never pushed me into rushing into surgery. She is compassionate and caring. I trust her explicitly with my orthopedic care. It's been 6 weeks since my right knee had Makoplasty and I am improving every day. I have surgery scheduled for my left knee in 2 weeks from now. I'm excited to have this done so I can move on with strength therapy pain free! Dr. Linda has been a wonderful addition to my health care. Mahalo!

A Great Orthopaedic Surgeon show details A Great Orthopaedic Surgeon
by Richard J. Knox, Sr. on Jun 5th, 2013

I am a 74 year old male who recently had a successful total knee replacement and after two months I am well on the way to recovery. Dr. Rasmussen has been open to discuss my condition before and after surgery. She has been courteous, sympathetic and reflects good professionalism.

by jimmy k on Mar 6th, 2013

i'm a 67 year old male who just had a total right knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Rasmussen at Castle Medical Center. The operation was a success and I am very pleased with the results and look forward to having my left knee done by her in the future.

Feb 12th, 2013

Dr. Rasmussen is amazing! She is loving, kind, and yet straightforward. She is busy and popular but that means that she's REALLY good at what she does. I know about 7 women that I exercise with in the pool at the YMCA that have had Linda as their Doctor. They all love and respect her as much as I do. Their recommendations are why I ended up at the Windward Orthopaedic Group.

Dr good but front desk staff are not. show details Dr good but front desk staff are not.
by Anonymous on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr is very personable and caring, BUT makes promises and does not keep them! That was strange. I think she has too much on her mind, but does mean well, but has never followed up on what she said. My knee surgery was extremely paiinful after surgery and it took almost 6 months, before I could walk with all my weight on it. It still hurts just as much as it did BEFORE the surgery. So why did I need it? I got no help from, what was deemed by the doctor, as necessary surgery. I would go to her again, but never have joint surgery by her again.. Maybe it's the nature of the type of surgery, as far as improvement is concerned. Just wish it was a little bit better for all the pain and literal suffering from the pain and not being to ambulate correctly for several months. Front desk staff are uncaring and short. Hard to make an appointment. This was a year ago. Maybe they have a new front desk staff.

Oct 8th, 2010