Dr. Linda Rasmussen, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
by Cj Baehr on Nov 22nd, 2014

Unfortunately I had to have two surgical procedures within 7 days, but the experience could not have been more pleasant - given the circumstances. First the knee for a torn meniscus, then a broken hip a few days later. But the entire staff at both the Orthopedic Group office and at Castle Hospital were superb. They were cheerful, helpful, skilled, and always pleasant. Dr. Rasmussen is a gem - and a joy - and you probably already know her reputation as a superb surgeon. She is that!

|  Makplasty procedure for both knees  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2014

I had bone on bone in the medial section of both knees due to arthritis. Had Makoplasty procedure done by Dr, Rasmussen within a year of each other. Going to her seminar at Castle's Wellness center was the start of it all. Having her explain what the Makoplasty prociedure was and all that it involved made me decide to make an appointment with her. I'm so glad that I did. All went great from examination, diagnosis, surgery and recovery. I was so pleased with Dr. Rasmussen, her staff and all involved with my surgery, care and recovery. While at Castle, I noticed that controlling the pain during and after surgery was a priority. The level of comfort, care and compassion was superior. Recovery was so fast-----I was pleased to walk without the arthritic pain that plagued me for so long. I would highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen to anyone who's looking for an excellent and compassionate doctor. You do not feel rushed in her office and she spends quality time with you to answer all of your questions. She does her surgeries at Castle Hospital with her special staff that works with her so surgery went very smoothly in a timely manner. I was very very impressed. The care that I got at Castle Hospital too was superior. It was the best hospital stay for me even if it was for just one night.

|  sports med/joint replacement surgeon  |  show details
by T.Scott on Oct 30th, 2014

After suffering a stubborn lower leg sprain,I was very appreciative that Dr.Rasmussen was able to see me in a timely manner and was attentive to my needs.I have also had many friends and colleagues have favorable experiences with her professional care.Her particular expertise and reduced rehab time ,make her surgical talents shine.If ever I warranted invasive treatment ,I wouldn't hesitate to have her as my surgeon of choice!

|  again and again  |  show details
by carol on Oct 19th, 2014

I would choose this Dr again and again. After years of living with pain in my right hip, I fell and needed hip replacement. She has made it possible for me to walk without pain. She is my 5 ***** Dr. Thank you Dr Rasmussen.

|  Better than a knee replacement!  |  show details
by Terry L. on Sep 23rd, 2014

Saw Dr R regarding a painful knee. After exam and x-rays, she diagnosed it immediately and scheduled arthroscopic surgery. The procedure was quick, painless and stress free. Dr R's follow up treatment was thorough and patient (I had some continuing discomfort). Bottom line: Linda is caring, professional and on top of her game. I'm very pleased with her. Be prepared for long waits and extra quarters in the parking meter. Dr. R's practice is very busy!

|  Memorable Experience  |  show details
by Elwood K. LIKE on Sep 5th, 2014

Dr. Linda Rasmussen was an excellent choice. From my first meeting with her in 2013, she walked through my options of my aching knee problem and explained the procedures available. Her caring demeanor and no nonesense attitude really helped me to return to her this year (2014) to take care of my knee problem. Again, although I was no longer a candidate for Mako Plasty, she explained how the total knee replacement operation would proceed. Her medical team has worked extensively together. She went into what to expect after the operation, recovery, rehab therapy, and most important, when I could go home. I have no doubt of her medical ability and experience and would glady recommend her to anyone. I always look forward to seeing her and getting that BIG HUG from her.

|  Hip Replacement success  |  show details
by Kazuko L. on Aug 20th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen is wonderful. She is kind, professional and skillful. I am so grateful for her help.

|  Exemplary!  |  show details
by Cj Baehr on Jul 17th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen was recommended by my Primary Care Physician at Straub as being the best, and turned out to be just that. She and the office staff were astonishingly receptive to my schedule and situation. The arthroscopic meniscal procedure was accomplished at Castle Hospital efficiently and with excellent support from all. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Rasmussen.

Jul 7th, 2014

Excellent!

|  Knee replacement surgery  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2014

Being 71 years of age, weighing 233 pounds with an arthritic knee, the idea of knee replacement surgery just scared me. But, Dr. Rasmussen's friendly and caring personality gave me the confidence to go ahead with the surgery. She is the best in her profession and I highly recommend her to whoever is contemplating having knee surgery.

by Doug Miyashiro on Jun 20th, 2014

In April of 2014, I went to a Castle Memorial Hospital presentation of the knee and hip surgery whereby the use of a robatic arm did the surgery. However, certain requirements had to be met beforehand. Dr Rasmussen led the presentation and explained that she would determine the type of surgery necessary after reviewing all the tests that were performed previously as well as new x rays that were done at her office during the visit. I was then informed I would need a full knee replacement. I agreed to surgery on May 9, 2014 at Castle Memorial Hospital. From the date of my hospital stay to my release date on May 11, 2014 I did not require any pain medication. There was minimal swelling I did require Physical therapy but exercises performed was very helpful in relaxing the tightness of the knee. In closing. I cannot say enough about Dr Rasmussen's skill as a surgeon and would gladly recommend her to all those suffering knee problems.

|  Total Knee Replacement  |  show details
by Z on Jun 18th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen is very knowledgeable, thorough, courteous, and kind. She is firm, fair, and will tell it like it is. Her and the staff at Castle made this surgery seem like a great night out. The operation was quick and recovery was smooth. I was walking with a cane several days after surgery. Walking, light hiking, and mobile within weeks. It's now been 10 weeks, yes there is still soreness/stiffness, hoping to decrease that with continued exercise. I've traveled internationally just 4 weeks after surgery and it went well... The one recommendation is to stress the need for thorough and aggressive therapy. I didn't really get that, and felt a bit like I had to do it on my own. Overall, I would strongly recommend Dr. Rasmussen for orthopedic care. Mahalo Nui Loa!

|  Partial Mayko  |  show details
by Steph Hinshaw on Jun 13th, 2014

I am thrilled with my surgery results. I was up and walking, with crutches, the day after surgery. Down to one crutch by the following week. It's been 20 days since my surgery and I am walking on my own and along with my physical therapy I have already exceeded my range of motion goals! : ) Can't wait to go on hikes again!

by Gail Barker on May 3rd, 2014

Excellent manner, excellent care, courteous, direct, caring, excellent diagnostician, excellent follow-up....perfectly aligned my husbands hip after an emergency hemi-hip replacement due to a fall and broken hip. We cannot recommend someone more highly!

|  Partial Knee replacement MAKOplasty  |  show details
by Marian on Apr 17th, 2014

Very positive experience. Fifteen years ago I had a total knee replacement on my left knee. Very good outcome but recovery time and PT took much longer than this time. On March 28, 2014 I had a partial knee replacement via MAKOplasty. Today the 20th day after surgery I am able to walk a mile three times a week, maneuver the stairs without difficulty, pain free, and a scar that is only two inches long instead of the foot long on my other knee. I saw the xray today and the knee is in perfect alignment, that makes me a believer that Dr. Rasmussen is not only a skilled surgeon but has caring and compassionate feelings for her patients.

by M. Jones on Apr 16th, 2014

Dr. Rasmussen wasn't like my other orthopedic doctor who wouldn't even consider knee surgery for me because I was 'too young'. I was ecstatic after hearing that my age would not stop her from performing knee surgery if I needed it. In Aug 2013, I had makoplasty on my right knee; Mar 2014 I had a total knee replacement on my left knee. Having the total replacement was a lot easier for me. I knew what to expect after having my right knee done. 'She's the best' is what I'm always told when asked who my doctor is, and I totally agree. Thank you, doc, for giving me the chance to walk normal again...no more limping and pain.

|  knee replacement  |  show details
by ChrisB on Apr 13th, 2014

I'm 89 years old and have been needing a new knee for the past 30 years. Dr. Rasmussen was professional and compassionate and I couldn't be happier with my new knee! It's been 5 months now and I can do things I haven't been able to do in years. I wish I had this done a long time ago. I was concerned going through with this at my age but it was absolutely the best decision I made! I feel like I've gained years of my life back! I actually came from the mainland to have this procedure so that I could recuperate with family and I'm so glad I was able to find someone willing to work with me! From my appointments at her office to the hospital experience at Castle I can't say enough good things about my experience. Thank you!

|  MakoPlasty Knee Surgery  |  show details
by Brenda H. on Apr 9th, 2014

As you can imagine, I was apprehensive about undergoing knee replacement surgery. I can honestly say that from the very beginning Dr. Rasmussen and her staff made the process as smooth as can be expected with major surgery. The MakoPlasty surgery and the recovery is amazing. It has been only three weeks since my surgery and I am already walking with a cane (and that is only for stability). Yesterday, I scheduled surgery for my left knee. I am excited to finally be arthritis free and pain free for the first time in five and a half years!! I highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen and her office and hospital staff.

|  Patient Review  |  show details
by Jon Kumashiro on Mar 21st, 2014

I had a full rt. hip replacement in April 2013. I also had a full lt. hip replacement procedure in February 2014. After both of these procedures I returned to work after two weeks of rehabilitation. Similar to last year, this weekend I will walk with my pushcart and play nine holes of golf at the Pali golf course. Dr. Rasmussen is a fantastic doctor, very professional, confident, caring and willing to answer any and all questions regarding the procedure. Through her encouragement, I was able to recover quickly and return to work and resume my passion for golf.

|  Dr. Rasmussen is the best!  |  show details
by Lilikala Kameeleihiwa on Mar 4th, 2014

I had 2 total knee replacements and ended the terrible suffering that I had endured fro over a year. Dr. Rasmussen is compassionate, straight forward in her discussion, and will answer all of your questions. More than that, she is an excellent surgeon! She took less than an hour to do my knee replacement! Now that I can walk again, I am so grateful to Dr. Rasmussen for making the whole experience so wonderful. She is the best!

|  Hip Surgery  |  show details
by Kuuipo Woolsey on Feb 14th, 2014

The surgery went amazingly. I felt no pain after the procedure and was able to walk with a walker the same day. The healing and recovery time was short. I felt confident in Dr. Rasmussen's skills and abilities. I would highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen to others.

by FritzB on Feb 5th, 2014

Doctor Rasmussen, her surgical team and Castle Hospital’s medical staff could not have performed better. My experience for both of my hip replacements could not have gone better. From my first visit to my post surgery appointment, Dr. Rasmussen and her staff were very professional and caring.

by Joaquin A. on Dec 6th, 2013

Aside from a successful MAKOplasty, what I appreciate the most about Dr. Rasmussen is her sincerity and genuine interst in my case/outcome. I recommend her to family, friends and occaisional strangers.

|  Mahalo Dr. Rasmussen, staff, and Castle Hospital  |  show details
by P.H. on Dec 5th, 2013

I had bad lower back pain for years and walking(limping) in pain became a big problem. I almost went to a spine surgeon. Then one of my hips got very sore and very bad. Dr. Rasmussen replaced my bad hip, everything went fine. No pain in my hip after surgery. With my new hip, my lower BACK is much better again too, and I can walk much better now. My new hip is better than my other hip. I walk about 2 miles every day again, after hardly walking at all before the surgery. If my other hip goes bad and needs replacement, I'll go back to Dr. Rasmussen!!

|  Top-notch  |  show details
by Richard B. on Nov 22nd, 2013

Dr. Rasmussen was recommended to me by several friends, and I'm glad I listened to them. She is very down-to-earth, and really listens to your questions and concerns. Both my wife and I immediately felt comfortable with her. My surgery (total knee replacement) was about 3-1/2 weeks ago, and I'm recovering rapidly--walking is almost normal now, going up stairs is no problem, coming down stairs still requires a little concentration. I highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen.

|  Excellant Orthopedic Doctor and the Best in Hawaii  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2013

I was in constant hip pain for 7 years. I was unable to touch my toes or bend over to pick up things once they dropped on the floor. It was a constant struggle for me, these simplest maneuvers that others wouldn't have to think twice about. I almost gave up hope and thought I would be disabled for the rest of my life. I even considered retiring from my job because the pain was so intense. Prior to meeting Dr. Rasmussen, I consulted with a handful of doctors on Maui who continuously prescribed drugs for the pain, none of which helped. The doctors even recommended that I retire from my job as a groundskeeper. When I met with Dr. Rasmussen she gave me her honest diagnosis and recommended I have hip replacement surgery. She even gave me hope for the future to be pain free. I decided to have my first hip replacement surgery on the first office visit. My first successful hip surgery (right hip) was in November 2012 and my second successful hip surgery (left hip) was done in May 2013. I am living pain free today. I am very grateful to Dr. Rasmussen for giving me a new outlook on life. I am still working as a groundskeeper on Maui, Dr. Rasmussen gave me my life back!

|  MAKOplasty procedure July 1, 2013  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

Dr. Linda Rasmussen is not only a master surgeon. Her confidence is contagious and her team of nurses, nursing assistants and physical therapists all helped to speed up my recovery. I have complete trust in her judgement. She won me over when she said that she's a "farm girl". In my book, that means "problem solver"!

|  An exceptional Doctor!  |  show details
by Lorraine Frenza on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr. Rasmussen has an open, warm,friendly relationship with both staff and patients alike. I was impressed with her competence in diagnosing and treating my problem. About two months ago Dr. Rasmussen did a partial knee replacement using the Mako Plasty procedure. The experience was one of the best I have had within a hospital setting. I felt totally cared for from the preparation before surgery to the present recovery period. I would highly recommend her and the Mako Plasty option she is so skillful in using to better the lives of her patients. She has certainly had an impact on the quality of my life by supporting my being mobile and physically independent as I approach my 82nd birthday. Mahalo Dr. Rasmussen for the gift of your competence and caring. Lorraine Frenza

|  Orthopedic surgery  |  show details
by Carol D. on Jun 21st, 2013

Pioneering the use of Makoplasty on the island of Oahu, Dr. Linda Rasmussen has given me hope of living pain free! I have suffered from osteoarthritis in both of my knees for well over 2 years. I have endured painful cortisone shots pretty much every 6 months to help control the pain. At a visit to her office in April, she seemed excited to tell me about the new Makoplasty partial replacement surgery now available on our island. Prior to this, she had always discouraged me from surgery, explaining that if I could wait, things were changing in a good way as far as surgical methods. I always respected the fact that she never pushed me into rushing into surgery. She is compassionate and caring. I trust her explicitly with my orthopedic care. It's been 6 weeks since my right knee had Makoplasty and I am improving every day. I have surgery scheduled for my left knee in 2 weeks from now. I'm excited to have this done so I can move on with strength therapy pain free! Dr. Linda has been a wonderful addition to my health care. Mahalo!

|  A Great Orthopaedic Surgeon  |  show details
by Richard J. Knox, Sr. on Jun 5th, 2013

I am a 74 year old male who recently had a successful total knee replacement and after two months I am well on the way to recovery. Dr. Rasmussen has been open to discuss my condition before and after surgery. She has been courteous, sympathetic and reflects good professionalism.

by jimmy k on Mar 6th, 2013

i'm a 67 year old male who just had a total right knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Rasmussen at Castle Medical Center. The operation was a success and I am very pleased with the results and look forward to having my left knee done by her in the future.

Feb 12th, 2013

Dr. Rasmussen is amazing! She is loving, kind, and yet straightforward. She is busy and popular but that means that she's REALLY good at what she does. I know about 7 women that I exercise with in the pool at the YMCA that have had Linda as their Doctor. They all love and respect her as much as I do. Their recommendations are why I ended up at the Windward Orthopaedic Group.

|  Dr good but front desk staff are not.  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr is very personable and caring, BUT makes promises and does not keep them! That was strange. I think she has too much on her mind, but does mean well, but has never followed up on what she said. My knee surgery was extremely paiinful after surgery and it took almost 6 months, before I could walk with all my weight on it. It still hurts just as much as it did BEFORE the surgery. So why did I need it? I got no help from, what was deemed by the doctor, as necessary surgery. I would go to her again, but never have joint surgery by her again.. Maybe it's the nature of the type of surgery, as far as improvement is concerned. Just wish it was a little bit better for all the pain and literal suffering from the pain and not being to ambulate correctly for several months. Front desk staff are uncaring and short. Hard to make an appointment. This was a year ago. Maybe they have a new front desk staff.

Oct 8th, 2010

excellent doctor

Mar 12th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I am a 63 year old male and I was referred to Dr. Rasmussen by the V.A. She replaced my hip and I'm a new person. I heard many great things about her from other doctors and patients. If you have any orthepedic problems there is no doctor on the islands th

Read Full Review at yahoo.com